Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.17)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 131 comments
Has it been mentioned anywhere that brake balance adjustment is now available in the Dailies? I've only just spotted it whilst running some qualy laps.

Has it been mentioned anywhere that brake balance adjustment is now available in the Dailies? I've only just spotted it whilst running some qualy laps.

I'm assuming you're looking at this weeks daily race A, where tuning is allowed so you can install a brake balance controller and adjust it. Daily race B and C are unchanged with no brake balance adjustments allowed (I've checked).

If you have found a way to adjust brake balance in races B and/or C can you provide a video or screenshots?

I'm assuming you're looking at this weeks daily race A, where tuning is allowed so you can install a brake balance controller and adjust it. Daily race B and C are unchanged with no brake balance adjustments allowed (I've checked).

If you have found a way to adjust brake balance in races B and/or C can you provide a video or screenshots?
Ah no, you're right - it's just Race A!

Physics are massively different. Grip for days. Much less dangerous. Gt sport physics.

Just noticed this when I took my Z GT4 car for some laps at Watkins Glen, has way more grip than before. Actually turned down the downforce quite a bit, which it needed before to even stay in line.

Honestly, I don't like the physics update. It seems like they've got these tires gripping hard so that the Escudo can handle like it currently does, but man do the other cars feel boring. NURF the Escudo ha ha ha.
Maybe trying cars at the newly introduced track isn't the best way to conclude the cars are more grippy.
Yes, we all can do all the section after 1st corner flat out, the bus stop chicane just with a gentle touch on the brakes on the brakes to put weight on the front and the parabolica after that also immense grip. But that is the way Watkins Glen is, very grippy and with huge cambers, even in Nascar they call it the Superspeedway of road courses.

On other tracks it's nothing different than before.

W... Where is Sarah giving me emotional support for my achievements? 😭

1656115112746.png

Maybe trying cars at the newly introduced track isn't the best way to conclude the cars are more grippy.
Yes, we all can do all the section after 1st corner flat out, the bus stop chicane just with a gentle touch on the brakes on the brakes to put weight on the front and the parabolica after that also immense grip. But that is the way Watkins Glen is, very grippy and with huge cambers, even in Nascar they call it the Superspeedway of road courses.

On other tracks it's nothing different than before.
I'll find out tonight after I run some laps at Trial Mountain in the same car, as I did a week ago.

Finally they fixed the left rear tires during the Tokyo pit animation. It was so funny watching the wheels sticking in that much

Last edited:
I don’t know if it was mentioned already, but the GT3 MR Cars odd Behaviors have been fixed.
They drive phenomenally well and are all very stable.
It’s a pure pleasure to finally be able to drive them the way they are meant to be driven. Awesome.
Thank you PD. 🙏🏻

Last edited:
Is it weird that I race in Cockpit mode? At first I didn't think so, but turns out I am of the minority it appears lol

Bearing in mind I typically don't race online.
I do to. What’s the point of a driving simulator if you face is on the bumper or in a drone following you around?

I do to. What’s the point of a driving simulator if you face is on the bumper or in a drone following you around?
I agree and i tried for a while, but the visual is muuuuuuch more limited, and unless you have the tracks printed in your mind, it's easier to do mistakes with the cockpit mode.

The external visual is not too bad anyway, you can enjoy the chassis of your car.

Last edited:
I agree and i tried for a while, but the visual is muuuuuuch more limited, and unless you have the tracks printed in your mind, it's easier to do mistakes with the cockpit mode.

The external visual is not too bad anyway, you can enjoy the chassis of your car.
All they need to do is have the right side of the screen, maybe an inch light up or glow red when somebody is beside you. Yellow when their nose is beside your rear quarter, orange a little bit closer and red when they’re right beside you. Radar is an ok idea but it’s hard to race looking to the bottom right of your screen. It wouldn’t take up screen real estate and would help a lot. If they can map the opponent in radar as accurately they do then they could just make one side or the other side of your screen glow a bit.

All they need to do is have the right side of the screen, maybe an inch light up or glow red when somebody is beside you. Yellow when their nose is beside your rear quarter, orange a little bit closer and red when they’re right beside you. Radar is an ok idea but it’s hard to race looking to the bottom right of your screen. It wouldn’t take up screen real estate and would help a lot. If they can map the opponent in radar as accurately they do then they could just make one side or the other side of your screen glow a bit.
Or they can copy ACC and have the radar right there in the middle of your screen.

Or they can copy ACC and have the radar right there in the middle of your screen.
I do wish we could customize the hud. I tried the just road view, somebody got right beside me and I saw a shadow and that got me thinking about the yellow to orange to red glow. I much prefer in cockpit view though.

A bug causing the pre-race music to play even when the USB Music Player is playing a song in Custom Races is also fixed.

Late edit: Nope.

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure if this would be considered an undocumented change, and I apologize if this has been brought up in the forums already, but isn't it supposed to be impossible to lose your 'Clean Race' Bonus on those high payout mini endurance races?
I have completed the Spa 1 hr race dozens of times and have never lost my bonus no matter how many penalties I inflicted or times I went off course, but yesterday for the first time, I lost my Clean Race Bonus and was only awarded 1,000,000 CR for placing first.
I haven't tested Sarthe and Sardegna yet, but has anyone else come across this recently?

I'm not entirely sure if this would be considered an undocumented change, and I apologize if this has been brought up in the forums already, but isn't it supposed to be impossible to lose your 'Clean Race' Bonus on those high payout mini endurance races?
I have completed the Spa 1 hr race dozens of times and have never lost my bonus no matter how many penalties I inflicted or times I went off course, but yesterday for the first time, I lost my Clean Race Bonus and was only awarded 1,000,000 CR for placing first.
I haven't tested Sarthe and Sardegna yet, but has anyone else come across this recently?
It's definitely always been possible to lose the clean race bonus, just very hard to. 'Passing under yellow flags' is an instant fail for example.

It's definitely always been possible to lose the clean race bonus, just very hard to. 'Passing under yellow flags' is an instant fail for example.
I did pass under a yellow flag now that I recall. It was an accident since I was half zoned out, but now I know not to do that :lol:
Must have been the first time I ever committed that penalty at Spa.

Last edited:
After a week of getting zero across 4 accounts and with no one else saying they've got one, I'm certain that it's no longer possible to acquire 1 and 2 Star tickets from the Daily Marathon. :D

4Star tickets are now the most common reward. 👍

:gtplanet::cheers:

Last edited:
Back