Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.19)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 118 comments
The issue is a new glitch after the 1.19 patch. Say you enter the pits on the end of lap 5 in a 10 lap race. The fuel diamond will reflect 5 laps left. However, if you cross the start/finish line before reaching the pit box, the lap counter goes up to six, and the fuel diamond moves down one lap, thinking you only have 4 laps left in the race.
That is exactly it. I haven’t been screwed over by it because I have caught it changing spots on the bar every time.

But I can’t be mad at the issue…..it gives me free positions to those who mess up and it’s made me use % for my laps instead of a dot lol

Hi,

I noticed for this fuel marker - that it seems to miss calculate Sometimes. I don't know when and why - but in about 80% of the races - if you follow the diamond - it's proper. But in a few cases - about 1 lap is missing. Even in the same track, same setup and same driving style (so I am not running on max fuel economy and then change to full attack).

The question is: is it on purpose to keep you aware that also in reality people do mistakes or is the calculation taking into account the last average consumption of more then a few km - then overtaking and not overtaking might have a bigger impact on this calculation as I have previously expected.

BR

I noticed the same just now actually. Was about half a lap short.

Hi,

As I currently only go single player - the advantage of doing the calculation is minimal. Its more the fact - I am 1 minute faster or slower :D

That's how I also deal with it now, after I had this experience a couple of times. The first times I was not sure, if I refueled just badly.
Yup. I thought the streamers I was watching were just being careless, but no, they knew what they were doing.

Apologies for the lack of updates to the original post, been abit busier then usual. Will be coming through and adding said changes found. One thing I want to address though:

Weather radar seems to break after going into the pit lane on that 1 million credit race at Spa. Don't know if this happens on other events/custom races, but here's video evidence:

Changing the silencer in Garage removes the exhaust all-together visually until you exit or change car and then the change shows.
These are quite clearly bugs, which should be posted here (Or refer to the link in the first post that also goes there). If the change you are reporting is having an effect similar to these, that is the thread you should post those in. Likewise, please post subsequent new engine swaps to this thread that is maintained by @Famine . Will be including a button/link to said thread in the first post for future threads since it appears new Engine Swaps are a regularly added thing.

Last edited:
I've never seen this warning before.
(Tomahawk cars are still missing their unique suits.)
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220811233127.jpg

That’s weird, I didn’t get that when I made Veneno my car. Does it only do this when you try to enter a race with it?
The warning shows when you change to any car in the garage that has a unique suit.
(Jaguar VGT, Porsche VGT, Lamborghini VGT, Honda 2&4, Honda VGT...)

The warning shows when you change to any car in the garage that has a unique suit.
(Jaguar VGT, Porsche VGT, Lamborghini VGT, Honda 2&4, Honda VGT...)
Maybe it's only once that the message shows? I've noticed the diff suit and helmet livery post-race, but don't recall ever seeing message?

Not sure if this is a bug or And licensing issue, you can no longer pick Pirelli tire when Choosing your tire sidewalls, I was building a new Nsx and I was no longer able to put Perelli tires on it they’re not there

Not sure if this is a bug or And licensing issue, you can no longer pick Pirelli tire when Choosing your tire sidewalls, I was building a new Nsx and I was no longer able to put Perelli tires on it they’re not there
The Pirelli tyre branding and decals weren’t in GT7 on day 1

The Pirelli tyre branding and decals weren’t in GT7 on day 1
The tire branding was there I used it manny times but you are right that the decal was not there in the decal section. So now the only way you could keep Perelli tires on the car is if you had it and you modify from the existing livery but if you click on the tire wall it gets erased

The tire branding was there I used it manny times but you are right that the decal was not there in the decal section. So now the only way you could keep Perelli tires on the car is if you had it and you modify from the existing livery but if you click on the tire wall it gets erased
From Day 1 Pirelli tire branding is only available on cars that come with them stock.

Last edited:
I am able to load saved best lap replays in Time Trials. Since when have we been able to load saved ghosts in Time Trials? Is this new and I missed it in the patch notes?

I am able to load saved best lap replays in Time Trials. Since when have we been able to load saved ghosts in Time Trials? Is this new and I missed it in the patch notes?
I've always done that but I see a distinct lack of replays nowadays

It's 'new', but it wasn't in this update.

Last edited:
It's 'new', but it wasn't in this update.
Thanks. I didn't notice it until last night. It's nice to finally save replays from the showcase and be able to race against them in online Time Trials, Daily Race Qualifying, offline Time Trials, etc. Or against your own best lap.
1660686478059.png

I am surprised it hasn't been brought up more since it was quite the bone of contention earlier this year.
1660686638951.png

Last edited:
Back