Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.31)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 130 comments
The cars are nearly undrivable now. Roll me back to 1.30 version. The physics for PS4 controller and D-pad are terrible now. I've been driving with the D-pad since original GT all those years ago and have never had any problems. This 1.31 update made the steering unmanageable.

• The lightest/quickest tap of the direction and the back-end slips
  • The lightest tap and the car turns instantly and too far
  • Leaving the pit lane, I tapped the D-pad just to follow the contour of the pit line and I jumped over the line for 3 sec penalty.
  • If there is a chicane (Dragon Tail, Nurburgring) the car fishtails until I lose control
  • The initial touch of the direction pad makes the car turn instantly, then the turning barely works
  • If I tap the brake I can make the car turn much sharper with each button tap.
  • Cannot accelerate and tap the direction pad at all.

Tested 4 races, Gr 3 VW, and Subaru WRX STI, 2 races each. Identical results. Steering sensitivity -2 (I don't know if that is for steering wheel controlers only or if it effect PS4 controller)

I ended up quitting the 4th race because I was so fed up trying to drive.

Last edited:
The cars are nearly undrivable now. Roll me back to 1.30 version. The physics for PS4 controller and D-pad are terrible now. I've been driving with the D-pad since original GT all those years ago and have never had any problems. This 1.31 update made the steering unmanageable.

• Leaving the pit lane, I tapped the D-pad just to follow the contour of the pit line and I jumped over the line for 3 sec penalty.
  • If there is a chicane (Dragon Tail, Nurburgring) the car fishtails until I lose control
  • The initial touch of the direction pad makes the car turn instantly, then the turning barely works

Tested 4 races, Gr 3 VW, and Subaru WRX STI, 2 races each. Identical results. Steering sensitivity -2 (I don't know if that is for steering wheel controlers only or if it effect PS4 controller)

Time to take off the training wheels and put the d-pad to rest. This isn't 1998 anymore, honey. Even in GT1 this was the best way to play
PlayStation_Dual_Analog.png

Last edited:
The linearity of the throttle has definitely been changed. It's back to something similar as it was in GT Sport, where the majority of the throttle applies to ca. the last 25% of the travel. Have to get used to this again, modulating throttle out of corners is much harder now due to this.

Noticed when doing Le Mans 700: While doing the pitstop, you now still can see a small image of the track, with the position of all AIs being shown. It‘s in the upper right corner of the screen.

My suggestion, put ya sensitivity back to default and go from there. As a pad user, this update is a huge upgrade and i personally hope they they leave these physics as a base to work from. For reference, ive golded all licence with game pad.

There definitely is. More of a natural weight to it, and the previous understeer effects where the wheel just rattles have been partially replaced with a more realistic lightening of the wheel (the rattling is still partially there)
That's good to hear regards the understeer rattle, I had ended up with my FFB Filter setting really high on my Logi G Pro to filter that rattle out, as it felt distractingly unrealistic, so if it's been toned down a bit that would be great.

Tyre wear is a lot lower on Sardegna wtc800, but trying my usual Honda best with civic engine swap on Tokyo express wtc600 had the intermediate tyres fully wear out after 2 laps. Previously they'd get down to about 1/4 left for the rears after 6 laps. Weirdly the car handles better than it would if they were that worn in previous updates, but still bad. I admit the car is kind of a hack tune but still the tyre wear seems a bit much...

Tyre wear is a lot lower on Sardegna wtc800, but trying my usual Honda best with civic engine swap on Tokyo express wtc600 had the intermediate tyres fully wear out after 2 laps. Previously they'd get down to about 1/4 left for the rears after 6 laps. Weirdly the car handles better than it would if they were that worn in previous updates, but still bad. I admit the car is kind of a hack tune but still the tyre wear seems a bit much...
Yeah the race settings are the same but tyres do wear less, although it is mentioned in the Car Physics notice that the tyre wear model has been 'optimised'
I did also notice that I was burning slightly more fuel than usual in that race, though with it being x8 on the multiplier it'll only be a minor difference with more normal race settings

By the way.....anyone else notice the BBQ smoke and additional fans/fan furniture, sponsors etc etc trackside at the Nordschleife in that 3 lap race?!

As I rounded the turn into Metzgesfeld, the BBQ smoke was lingering across the track realistically, you could almost smell the food lol!

By the way.....anyone else notice the BBQ smoke and additional fans/fan furniture, sponsors etc etc trackside at the Nordschleife in that 3 lap race?!

As I rounded the turn into Metzgesfeld, the BBQ smoke was lingering across the track realistically, you could almost smell the food lol!
yes yes, and in order to notice it even more I got frame drops :D so yeah, noticed them hard way

I have the exact same feeling, I explained it here:

I have to disagree on this, I have a always used the DS4 controller with stick steering. To me the physics are changed and because I am not the better driver here I either do not notice the extremes that everyone is chatting about or I learned how to adapt to the car and how it drives.

Back