Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.31)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 130 comments
I don't know if others have noticed but the puddles after the rain stops as the track dries are more shinier or defined if that makes any sense after the newest update.

Skyline Super Silhouette is now equipped with an ECU, meaning you can adjust its power output via that.
But if you select the normal ECU, the fully-customizable one becomes unselectable unless you make a new setting sheet. So I'm not sure if it's a bug that the car has an ECU.

Also, I've confirmed that the gear ratios of the 918 Spyder is unchanged; the same as in the official spec sheet.
Then what made its drastic performance change?

Last edited:
Not really sure this fits here but in the Sardegna money grinding race the tables have turned significantly. Now the main opponent is Fraga in the Supra who laps in 41.5 while before the fastest guy was Portilla lapping low 42s in the Viper. Fraga does two stops also, unlike Portilla who does three...just did the race, Fraga beat me and in P3 there's the Ferrari which usually ends at the bottom of the field.

Now the main opponent is Fraga in the Supra
Can confirm it is true.

Apologies if my post is not on topic. But this observation seems to align with the fact that Supra is latest favorite Gr3 car in Daily Races. Ferrari Italia also has performed much better and now finishes behind Portilla. The Gr4 Italia also now is lot more competitive in Daily Races.

Last edited:
Also, I've confirmed that the gear ratios of the 918 Spyder is unchanged; the same as in the official spec sheet.
Then what made its drastic performance change?
The actual gear ratios were always fine, but the final drive was way too low before.

Now the final drive is higher, meaning the 918 accelerates a lot quicker.

The cars are nearly undrivable now. Roll me back to 1.30 version. The physics for PS4 controller and D-pad are terrible now. I've been driving with the D-pad since original GT all those years ago and have never had any problems. This 1.31 update made the steering unmanageable.

• The lightest/quickest tap of the direction and the back-end slips
  • The lightest tap and the car turns instantly and too far
  • Leaving the pit lane, I tapped the D-pad just to follow the contour of the pit line and I jumped over the line for 3 sec penalty.
  • If there is a chicane (Dragon Tail, Nurburgring) the car fishtails until I lose control
  • The initial touch of the direction pad makes the car turn instantly, then the turning barely works
  • If I tap the brake I can make the car turn much sharper with each button tap.
  • Cannot accelerate and tap the direction pad at all.

Tested 4 races, Gr 3 VW, and Subaru WRX STI, 2 races each. Identical results. Steering sensitivity -2 (I don't know if that is for steering wheel controlers only or if it effect PS4 controller)

I ended up quitting the 4th race because I was so fed up trying to drive.
D-pad 🤢 I honestly never knew anyone used the D-Pad for this game. Might as well just use an Intellivision controller.

I put in about 100 miles last night, 5 different cars. Using the DualSense Edge. I had zero issues with the update. In fact, it was barely noticeable and I was able to drive all the cars the same way I was driving them prior to the update.

That said, they implemented some assist changes in license tests which pisses me off. I only have 2 tests left for completion, and now they have greyed out settings I normally adjust.

The actual gear ratios were always fine, but the final drive was way too low before.

Now the final drive is higher, meaning the 918 accelerates a lot quicker.
The final drive is unchanged, too.

In GT SPORT, the GT40 got its each gear's max speed changed via an update without any gear ratio changes.
Did the same thing happen again?

Last edited:
On the s2000, the rev counter in the car dashboard doesn't match the UI rev counter on screen.
In the dashboard it seems to max out way earlier, than in the UI.

Not sure if this was broken with the recent update or always the case.

Can confirm it is true.

Apologies if my post is not on topic. But this observation seems to align with the fact that Supra is latest favorite Gr3 car in Daily Races. Ferrari Italia also has performed much better and now finishes behind Portilla. The Gr4 Italia also now is lot more competitive in Daily Races.
Same here, couldn't catch him for dust in the living legend on my first attempt since update. He getting hunted down later

My suggestion, put ya sensitivity back to default and go from there. As a pad user, this update is a huge upgrade and i personally hope they they leave these physics as a base to work from. For reference, ive golded all licence with game pad.
I reset it to "0" and it was much better to drive. I bounced between +2 and +4 to fine tune it. I can complete races now and have better control over spinning out. My race lines aren't as smooth as they were, but hopefully I can fine tune that as well.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Not really sure this fits here but in the Sardegna money grinding race the tables have turned significantly. Now the main opponent is Fraga in the Supra who laps in 41.5 while before the fastest guy was Portilla lapping low 42s in the Viper. Fraga does two stops also, unlike Portilla who does three...just did the race, Fraga beat me and in P3 there's the Ferrari which usually ends at the bottom of the field.
Just ran a sloppy CLK 799PP 1 stop RH FM6. Lapped everyone except Fragga. I could see him ahead when I crossed the finish line. Still got CRB if anyone is wondering. I was bumping in the corners and went off track once or twice. I didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary today.

This is mainly because of tyre wear being reduced meaning Fraga can do 5 laps on softs now and 2 stop instead of 3

In this update, when you use a rental/courtesy car, now it show the correct PP calculation.
Before the update the old PP calculation were shown (GT5/GT6).

In GT SPORT, the GT40 got its each gear's max speed changed via an update without any gear ratio changes.
I think because they added an extra final gear ratio for the Porsche (basically it is a reduction gear ratio).

The cars are nearly undrivable now. Roll me back to 1.30 version. The physics for PS4 controller and D-pad are terrible now. I've been driving with the D-pad since original GT all those years ago and have never had any problems. This 1.31 update made the steering unmanageable.

• The lightest/quickest tap of the direction and the back-end slips
  • The lightest tap and the car turns instantly and too far
  • Leaving the pit lane, I tapped the D-pad just to follow the contour of the pit line and I jumped over the line for 3 sec penalty.
  • If there is a chicane (Dragon Tail, Nurburgring) the car fishtails until I lose control
  • The initial touch of the direction pad makes the car turn instantly, then the turning barely works
  • If I tap the brake I can make the car turn much sharper with each button tap.
  • Cannot accelerate and tap the direction pad at all.

Tested 4 races, Gr 3 VW, and Subaru WRX STI, 2 races each. Identical results. Steering sensitivity -2 (I don't know if that is for steering wheel controlers only or if it effect PS4 controller)

I ended up quitting the 4th race because I was so fed up trying to drive.
totally agree.
I've always driven with the dpad, I'm fast, I've got all the gold in the game, but now it's impossible, as you say, the slightest touch instantly throws the steering to one side and makes you lose control, it's like they eliminated the dead zone .
Changing the gyro sensitivity doesn't fix it. setting it to 10 fixes it a bit but I've always had it at -2 and it's impossible now.
Now I must learn to drive with the stick

Perhaps the simulated tire size was too large and throwing off the gearing?

That's good to hear regards the understeer rattle, I had ended up with my FFB Filter setting really high on my Logi G Pro to filter that rattle out, as it felt distractingly unrealistic, so if it's been toned down a bit that would be great.

Try adjust the vibration level of the controller in Option of the game. It will have tone down the vibration of the steering wheel.

Talking about the 918, final gear fixed, ok, but now I can't brake and step on the gas at the same time overheating the brakes, if I just apply 1% on brakes, the throttle cuts abruptly even pressing the gas pedal at 100%. Not sure this is a bug, a car's feature or what, anyone else noticed it?

Last edited:
April Fools aside, it seems that the Dior Mangusta may have entered LCD rotation:
5a955906-bddb-4dce-818f-6d8c08b53bd9-png.1244350

Speaking of which, the Escudo being out of LCD rotation is now fixed; no word yet on the Ford Roadster.

No more lags at curve 5 on Road Atlanta. (On the Gr1 Race, I don’t know if the bug occurs in other conditions)

False positive… the bug is still there.

Last edited:
Mercedes-Benz CLK LM '98 is not AMG anymore.
They changed the manufacturer and its name in the game.
It was designed and built by Mercedes-Benz in partnership with AMG:
About the manufacturer is documented (The car's name change is undocumented, though).

In any case, it means you can now place it in the Mercedes-Benz Scapes.

Last edited:
I saw this on twitter, can anyone confirm if it's true or not? I'm not entirely sure, but I believe before update 1.31 time on Interlagos only went until beginning of the night, a little bit after sunset. Now it seems it goes further into the night.

Judging by the lack of track lighting, it looks like a bug.

If it was intended to be night, they'd have spotlights and interior lights in the buildings etc.

It is April Fools Day, so I'd be weary about anything posted on Twitter today.

I mean, you should follow that logic every day, but today especially.
Yeah, that's a very good point, but since this isn't that big of a novelty, it never occurred to me someone would make an April Fool's about it 🤣

Last edited:
I saw this on twitter, can anyone confirm if it's true or not? I'm not entirely sure, but I believe before update 1.31 time on Interlagos only went until beginning of the night, a little bit after sunset. Now it seems it goes further into the night.

Its been like this since day 1 :lol:

Judging by the lack of track lighting, it looks like a bug.

If it was intended to be night, they'd have spotlights and interior lights in the buildings etc.
I remember watching an Old Stock race years ago and they did it without any lighting:
images

I think Interlagos got lighting around the whole circuit in January 2018 and GTS/GT7 are using the 2016 or 17 model.

Back