Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.31)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 130 comments
Its been like this since day 1 :lol:

I remember watching an Old Stock race years ago and they did it without any lighting:
images

I think Interlagos got lighting around the whole circuit in January 2018 and GTS/GT7 are using the 2016 or 17 model.
Aye but even in that photo you can see the city lit up in the background.

If you look at Bathurst for example, you'll see they simulate the same thing (city lights etc.). They wouldn't put the city into blackout if it was an intentional 'night'.

Last edited:
I saw this on twitter, can anyone confirm if it's true or not? I'm not entirely sure, but I believe before update 1.31 time on Interlagos only went until beginning of the night, a little bit after sunset. Now it seems it goes further into the night.

Just tested it and the ranges of Time of Day match what they were last june. That video simply is taken from the earliest possible time (4:32 AM)

Using DualSense, pump up vibration, change car in garage. The haptics now feel like you have your hand on the engine of the car when it's revving after you change cars. Maybe it was like that before but to me it now feels more detailed. Maybe I just never noticed it before. What do you think?

BWX
Using DualSense, pump up vibration, change car in garage. The haptics now feel like you have your hand on the engine of the car when it's revving after you change cars. Maybe it was like that before but to me it now feels more detailed. Maybe I just never noticed it before. What do you think?
This was added last update. There are new haptic effects in the form of raindrops while in races tho

did they change something about the penalty systems on the money grind le mans 700? especially during rain. I picked up over a minute of penalties just by touching grass/curbs. not even cutting corner or anything, I just didn‘t stop. for the whole race I picked up almost 3 minutes of penalties without ever cutting shicanes or anything. what the hell?

did they change something about the penalty systems on the money grind le mans 700? especially during rain. I picked up over a minute of penalties just by touching grass/curbs. not even cutting corner or anything, I just didn‘t stop. for the whole race I picked up almost 3 minutes of penalties without ever cutting shicanes or anything. what the hell?
I experienced the same thing the first time I ran the Lemans 30 minutes during rain. I have not had it happen sense though.

It is April Fools Day, so I'd be weary about anything posted on Twitter today.

I mean, you should follow that logic every day, but today especially.

Indeed... 😂

Its been like this since day 1 :lol:

I remember watching an Old Stock race years ago and they did it without any lighting:
images

I think Interlagos got lighting around the whole circuit in January 2018 and GTS/GT7 are using the 2016 or 17 model.

Paraphrasing Bob Pockrass, Interlagos has lights.
Although I can't confirm if they are permanent or temporary, but last December I was there at night, and they're already installed for a night race, probably testing for the Mil Milhas, last January. But like you said, the circuit is outdated in game.

My apologies if this has already been mentioned, or if this is considered a documented change under a section in the notes/details that I didn’t see it specified, but there is now a PP difference between SS and IM tires.

Last edited:
Noticed no more shift chime in the 13B swapped Cappuccino and Miata. Correct me if I'm wrong but I was sure that they did.

My apologies if this has already been mentioned, or if this is considered a documented change under a section in the notes/details that I didn’t see it specified, but there is now a PP difference between SS and IM tires.
That's interesting. When I noticed that, I did a test to see if they were similar, and the Inters performed a bit better, both lap time and degradation.

Noticed no more shift chime in the 13B swapped Cappuccino and Miata. Correct me if I'm wrong but I was sure that they did.
True. I was disappointed when I heard the. Miata chime, when it's something external to the engine. I didn't hear it last time I drove it

You can now feel the rain pattering on the windshield of your car through the DualSense. This may have been in previous updates, but it feels stronger now. I did a race in the rain a few days ago with the same car and track settings, it seems a lot more prevalent now.
Can als confirm this, in the Le mans race I felt it this afternoon for the first time. Kinda strong to, great addition!

Judging by the lack of track lighting, it looks like a bug.

If it was intended to be night, they'd have spotlights and interior lights in the buildings etc.
Blue moon bay is at night and has flood lights and everything to race at night yet the lights are OFF but building interior lights are on . Sardegna road also has it's building lights and grand stand lights turn on but the clock stops right as night starts but it's still light out . One of the time trial times has a time that goes further than the clock allows by like a hour .

Blue moon bay is at night and has flood lights and everything to race at night yet the lights are OFF but building interior lights are on . Sardegna road also has it's building lights and grand stand lights turn on but the clock stops right as night starts but it's still light out . One of the time trial times has a time that goes further than the clock allows by like a hour .
Ok? Not sure what that has to do with my point or why you pooped me for it.

Question; have they fixed that the SF19's HALO is transparent even in the VR mode and the "broken" VR Replays in some tracks?

I might be imagining this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but am I remembering right that adding Nitrous to a car would increase its PP? I seem to be able to add Nitrous to cars I've had tuned before for 800pp or 730pp races and as long as it's not prohibited, I can race with it. Seems like a massive advantage right now on the GR.3 races

I might be imagining this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but am I remembering right that adding Nitrous to a car would increase its PP? I seem to be able to add Nitrous to cars I've had tuned before for 800pp or 730pp races and as long as it's not prohibited, I can race with it. Seems like a massive advantage right now on the GR.3 races
Don't believe it has ever increased PP - at least not in the updates where I've got it for various cars.

Did not add any PP before either. There's really no way of calculating how nitrous would affect PP because the advantage it brings depends on if you use it or not and how you use it. The game doesn't know this. That's why it's only allowed/prohibited for different races.

Last edited:
Question; have they fixed that the SF19's HALO is transparent even in the VR mode and the "broken" VR Replays in some tracks?
transparent at the moment is good for VR, for me the halo in VR is annoying as its too shiny and dazzles me when the sun reflects off it. Cant paint it either.

Talking about the 918, final gear fixed, ok, but now I can't brake and step on the gas at the same time overheating the brakes, if I just apply 1% on brakes, the throttle cuts abruptly even pressing the gas pedal at 100%. Not sure this is a bug, a car's feature or what, anyone else noticed it?
No one else? I think it's pretty odd, not sure this behaviour is from earlier.

Hmm , I noticed that your helmet reflection that you could see in some cockpit displays is no longer the design that is on helmet but just a generic pd helmet , I remember seeing my Senna helmet and the decals on it in reflection on certain cars dashboards , mp4/4 etc, Now it just a generic yellow one with the gran turismo banner. Thought it was just in vr mode but flat screen also.

Last edited:
Hmm , I noticed that your helmet reflection that you could see in some cockpit displays is no longer the design that is on helmet but just a generic pd helmet , I remember seeing my Senna helmet and the decals on it in reflection on certain cars dashboards , mp4/4 etc, Now it just a generic yellow one with the gran turismo banner. Thought it was just in vr mode but flat screen also.
I recorded some gameplay footage in VR two weeks ago before the update doing laps in the MP4/4 and could not see my own helmet in the reflection. No changes regarding that in this update. Not sure about other cars though.

Here's a screenshot of the reflection from two weeks ago showing the generic Gran Turismo helmet:
Screenshot_2023-04-04-11-37-46-85_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6__01.jpg

PD does listen , they finally fixed the bugged textures on Deep forest on the ps4 that i have been complaining about since day 1 . Before the grass AND road texture inside of deep forest track limits was very low resolution . It was a bug because the grass and road texture behind the barrier was of much higher quality. I took pictures months ago.
The blurry texture was the grass you could see and drive over , the clean texture was the one behind the wall , this was taken by the pits.
Although as you can see in picture 3 , the grass behind the barrier is still of a higher quality texture , the new inside texture isn't a playstation 1 smear texture and the tarmac texture got improved as well.

Hopefully they fix the lighting issues on route x now . It's a bug where the lights from the lamp post cast shadows only if you look in reverse.

Attachments

• 16806004527452413075660583784234.jpg
    16806004527452413075660583784234.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 16806005725794017138098586378517.jpg
    16806005725794017138098586378517.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 18
  • 16806010261574564722339120139896.jpg
    16806010261574564722339120139896.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 16806011075867632897370429563515.jpg
    16806011075867632897370429563515.jpg