Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.31)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 130 comments
I recorded some gameplay footage in VR two weeks ago before the update doing laps in the MP4/4 and could not see my own helmet in the reflection. No changes regarding that in this update. Not sure about other cars though.

Here's a screenshot of the reflection from two weeks ago showing the generic Gran Turismo helmet:
View attachment 1245228
I have a bright orange helmet, and on day one it really did reflect with that design. I noticed it because of that. Maybe it uses the default helmet, but with the base color of your design?

Last edited:
Maybe it uses ge default helmet, but with the base color of your design?
This could actually be the case. The base color of my helmet is black as well as the generic one with the Gran Turismo logo showing on the reflection.

I recorded some gameplay footage in VR two weeks ago before the update doing laps in the MP4/4 and could not see my own helmet in the reflection. No changes regarding that in this update. Not sure about other cars though.

Here's a screenshot of the reflection from two weeks ago showing the generic Gran Turismo helmet:
View attachment 1245228
Wondering when they changed that then, I definately recall seeing the Nacional decal on my Senna helmet where that now says Gran Turismo. Disappointed anyway but hey ho life goes on :)

If I had the ability to do so, I would. But I have difficulty with my thumbs from injuries and surgery. But thank you for your criticism. I'll add that to the list.
I have arthritis and annoying joint problems but have been able to use the new controller with its tilt mode for steering so much easier. I’ve set it so brakes are both the L rear controls, accelerator both the R rear controls, and gear up on 2 buttons on the right side, and gear down on 2 buttons left side. That way, depending on which bit of my hand hurts the most, I have an option, and if my hand isn’t quite doing what I want it to, hitting one or other of a pair of buttons gives the same result! Good luck whichever way you manage, I hope you get a satisfactory result. I will add that the upgrade is great, I like the way the car responds, it feels more realistic, you have to be more careful.

When there was a Daily Race C at Le Mans with dynamic weather, the warm-up weather and the race start weather never matched. However, this seems to have been fixed in this week's Daily Race C at Spa, where the race start has the same weather as the warm-up. Although, at the race start, the weather seems to reset to match the weather at the start of warm-up, instead of continuing with that weather.

(I might be wrong) Taking part in BoP events (Daily Races to be specific) used to eventually make my cars need changing oil. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore post update 1.31.

Back