Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.34)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 96 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Gran Turismo 7 Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs & Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png
Thread Icons (Engines).png

Update (1.34)​

Documented Changes

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
  ・Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce '67 (Purchasable at 'Used Car Dealership' from 25 May)
  ・Greening Auto Company Maverick
  ・Nissan GT-R NISMO (R32) '90 (Purchasable at 'Used Car Dealership' from 25 May)

- New liveries have been added for the following two cars:
  ・Toyota 86 Gr.4
  ・Toyota GR010 HYBRID '21

2. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to "World Circuits:"
  ・Autopolis
   - Super Formula
  ・High Speed Ring
   - American Clubman Cup 700
  ・Blue Moon Bay Speedway
   - Nissan GT-R Cup
  ・Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta
   - Super Formula
  ・Monza Circuit
   - Sunday Cup Classic

3. Scapes
 - "Japan National Stadium" and "Lake District" are now featured Curations in Scapes.

4. Café
 - The following two Extra Menus have been added:
  ・Extra Menu No. 22: Collection: SEMA GT Awards (Collector Level 37 and above)
  ・Extra Menu No. 23: Collection: Group A (Collector Level 33 and above)

5. Brand Central
 - New Museum entries for Alfa Romeo and Italdesign have been added.
 - On the car purchase screen, if the player already owns the selected car in the same color, it will now be displayed as "Owned." This also applies to the Legend Cars and Used Cars purchase screens.

6. Used Cars
 - The Tuning Valuation algorithm in Car Valuation Service has been adjusted for cars with Ultimate tuning parts fitted.

7. GT Auto
 - The "Engine Swap" service has been added to the Car Maintenance & Service menu. (Unlocked at Collector Level 50.)

8. Tuning Shop
 - A new tab for "Ultimate" category parts has been added. (Unlocked at Collector Level 50.)

9. Sport
 - A "Free Practice" button has been added to each championship's Entry Screen.
 - During Daily Races and Qualifying Time Trials for "Final" races, you can now adjust Controller Settings, Temporary Exposure Correction, and Display Settings from the Pause menu.

10. Multiplayer
 - New restrictions for Engine Swaps and Tuning Parts have been added to race regulation settings in the Lobby.
 - During Qualifying Time Trials and Final races, you can now adjust Controller Settings, Temporary Exposure Correction, and Display Settings from the Pause menu.

11. Localization
 - Fixed various text localization issues.

12. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes
  • The door mirror reflections on the Mercedes AMG GT3 '20 have been fixed.
  • PP and tire choice have been added to the Time Trials rankings. Players can also highlight entries for additional info.
  • The Dualsense control response have been improved.
  • Engine Configuration is now displayed when tuning.
  • The Car Valuation Service menu will now display the original color of the car if a 'style' has not been applied.
  • Legends car rotation for the 1932 Ford Roadster has been fixed (Available starting June 22nd)

Last edited:
As usual, post whatever changes you find not documented in the patch notes. Any discovery of Bugs or glitches, physics changes or Engine swaps specifically should be posted in the appropreate threads listed in the OP:

1684995797736.png

If I miss any details, let me know here or PM me.

You may now post.

Last edited:
I don't get this one:
" - On the car purchase screen, if the player already owns the selected car in the same color, it will now be displayed as "Owned." This also applies to the Legend Cars and Used Cars purchase screens."

I don't get this one:
" - On the car purchase screen, if the player already owns the selected car in the same color, it will now be displayed as "Owned." This also applies to the Legend Cars and Used Cars purchase screens."
I assume it essentially means if you already own the car in that color, it'll show that you already own the car in that particular color.

The freshly-available Alfa Romeo and Nissan are in the UCD, not the LCD. That makes the second time PD has misidentified where newly-available cars are found.
Post corrected.

Dunno if anyone noticed, but Serrano in American Clubman 700 is the only AI car one using just TCS/ABS. On Bathurst when you watch him during replay, he is kinda learning the track - first 2 laps are sketchy, but then he gets really quick and smooth. I'm not saying he is undercover Sophy Agent, but definitely smarter than the rest of the pack.
Plus HSR event allows professionally tuned cars alongside road cars, shame they haven't updated old events.

Am i trippin or had the dualsense with ps5 version improve a bit in terms of response, speed and steering angle??? 🤔

Edit:
No im not trippin. Im now able to run corners slightly faster then before because of a bit more steering angle.
Well done PD 👍🏻

Last edited:
In the Car Valuation Service menu it now displays the colour of the car if it has not had a 'style' applied.

Note the far right RX7 which is a factory red.

Edited to add another change I've spotted - the ray tracing is much more responsive. If you go in to the car customisation and install or remove parts the 'ghosting' effect of the ray tracing is all but gone compared to the previous versions of the game.

Attachments

• 18852d52d2958-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18852d52d2958-screenshotUrl.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Can someone please take their new R32 GT-R Nismo '90 around a track in cockpit view and tell me I'm not crazy from hearing a little jingle when it reaches certain speeds?

Edit: 65mph and up to be exact.

Last edited:
Can someone please take their new R32 GT-R Nismo '90 around a track in cockpit view and tell me I'm not crazy from hearing a little jingle when it reaches certain speeds?

Edit: 65mph and up to be exact.
The noise you are hearing is a factory 'speed chime' used to notify drivers that they are going above the speed limit. The AE86 twins also have this but I noticed that it is much more noticeable in the skyline.

It's a nice touch for PD to add that detail, however I do with there was a setting to disable that because it can get annoying over time.

Update: I'm currently going through all of my 80s-90s Japanese cars to see which ones have this feature and I've come across something different but similar and need someone to confirm. The 1990 Mazda RX-7 GT-X does have a buzzer noise when you hit the redline. I have never noticed this prior to this update however. I do not use the car that often to remember. Can someone confirm if this is new or has already been noted in a previous update?

Last edited:
Back