Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.06 Arrives, Fixes Progression Bugs and Issues

• Thread starter Famine
  • 202 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not fixed for me either.

I’m stuck on menu 4. The high speed ring track day never appears for me in world circuits.

Honestly it’s really frustrating, I was thoroughly enjoying playing until I ran into this.

What’s most annoying though is that there’s seemingly no official way to reach out to PD and explain what’s going on here. Either that or I’m just looking in the wrong place which is entirely possible.

I just want to play the game.
I'm stuck on book 23 and basically am locked with nothing but Cafe garage and used cars its really pi$$ing me off had the game a week and only been able to play for the first 2 days

This sucks. Rain particle kick up from cars are significantly reduced too. Driving in torrential rain at high speeds aren’t that immersive and thrilling anymore. I’m on PS5.
There is a comparaison ? :)

Last edited:
There's a weather radar in the MFD.
I must be blind but even when it's pouring rain it just looks like a tiny track map. No colors just white.

I can’t believe they only fixed the th8a shifter for ps4
It's not compatible with the PS5 USB. That's a Thrustmaster problem not Polyphony.
Plug the shifter into the wheel. Wa-la. It's in the update notes.

I'm still having issues with images not displaying on anything in the Showcase, and the game hanging on "Please wait... 0% Applying..." when I make any changes in GT Auto to the livery or visual parts on any car. Has anyone else had this issue or heard anything official about this being a known bug that they're looking into?

Right, but being able to see a forecast of what to expect prior to the race, like F1 races, and knowing what adjustments/tires to use before you actually race. would've been much better.
exactly...how did the current system make it through play testing? No one noticed that random weather without the ability to forecast is a horrible UX?

join race with slicks > do half a lap > starts raining > quit > buy wets > restart race > now it's not raining

lol honestly how is this a thing?

You didn't have to redownload but you did have to basically reinstall (and have enough room on your HDD to do so) after every update of GTS. I'm pretty sure that's what he's actually referring to.
He specifically said individual GT Sport updates were 100 GB downloads. That’s simply false.

ok but when you start the race on slicks and have no idea there's rain coming, the user experience of quitting, buying rain tires and restarting, just to find out this time it's not raining...wtf?
That’s why I usually have two tire sets, typically you can see before the race how it’s looking, if it’s looking shady instead of running SS I would run SH just to be safe.

They addressed several settings-related errors like the g-load speeds. I didn't realize until yesterday, watching some British racers on Youtube, that even when the units are set to pounds and mph, the ballast weight still displays as 200 kilograms. I was wondering why the ballast selection wasn't correlating to the actually pound weight of the car lol. Hopefully they've addressed that as well.

So ultimately, they fixed some bugs, added some useless music to replays, and created an entire batch of other bugs to now fix..

Does PD enjoy doing all of this work? Some of these bugs and issues could have easily been spotted had someone tested beforehand.

🤔 the only issue I had with the weather was I don’t like wet races….
ha, right! At least if you're gonna make me suffer through the rain events, at least let me know first so I can get the lube out

I must be blind but even when it's pouring rain it just looks like a tiny track map. No colors just white.

It's not compatible with the PS5 USB. That's a Thrustmaster problem not Polyphony.
Plug the shifter into the wheel. Wa-la. It's in the update notes.
It’s not a thrustmaster issue because it works fine through usb on gt sport. I can’t use the wheel into the base because the DIN to DIN cable is not working correctly on mine.

Same. Half the time when it's currently actively raining the weather radar shows nothing. Only one time, when it was a very heavy downpour and the water meter on the left was nearly full, did the weather radar cross from the palest blue to a darker blue. I also can't see a way to zoom in or out on the weather radar like it claims you can? Unless I'm dumb. It doesn't seem to make any attempt to show what's happening in different parts of the circuit at all, just sometimes what's happening at your current location covering the entire track.

They addressed several settings-related errors like the g-load speeds. I didn't realize until yesterday, watching some British racers on Youtube, that even when the units are set to pounds and mph, the ballast weight still displays as 200 kilograms. I was wondering why the ballast selection wasn't correlating to the actually pound weight of the car lol. Hopefully they've addressed that as well.
And the speed when adjusting the transmission is still km/h.
It’s not a thrustmaster issue because it works fine through usb on gt sport. I can’t use the wheel into the base because the DIN to DIN cable is not working correctly on mine.
Well sorry to hear that then.
-------
They still haven't fixedly the ability to look around the cockpit in "offset mode". I push the buttons I have set for look left/right and it just recenters the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back