Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.36 Now Available: Adds Four Cars Including GR Corolla

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,229 comments

What's your favorite car in 1.36 (by any criteria you wish)?

• Chevrolet Corvette C1 '58

Votes: 50 20.1%
  • Maserati MC20 '20

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Toyota GR Corolla Morizo '22

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Toyota Himedic Ambulance '21

Votes: 72 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm looking forward to the update containing a incongruous-but-really funny Japanese 4WD event at, I don't know, Kyoto that is R32 Nismo vs Impreza Sedan vs Mazda3 vs Alphard vs Himedic. Just a bit of everything you can throw in there.

Pretty sure the ambulance will be the most popular car in the game for livery creators. We'll also get lots of meme races with 'em.

Personally I haze zero interest in US muscle cars, be it from the 50's upto the present day. But I understand there's a big community for them.

The GR Corolla will be one of my most used cars. The MC20 looks interesting as it's not massively overpowered like so many modern supercars.

For the next update I do think there needs to be a current Le Mans Hypercar, Super GT or GT3. Ideally supplemented by something like the classic GT-ONE. Seeing the wide variety of cars and newer models now coming to GT7. I'm pretty confident all the above will be delivered in the coming months.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the update containing a incongruous-but-really funny Japanese 4WD event at, I don't know, Kyoto that is R32 Nismo vs Impreza Sedan vs Mazda3 vs Alphard vs Himedic. Just a bit of everything you can throw in there.
The Japanese 4WD Challenge is about to become the most overstuffed event in the game.

We got 3 at launch, pretty typical. 2 more in March with the Mazda3 and Alphard, 2 more again last month with the Evo and Subie... are we about to get another 2 for the two Toyotas?

I personally don't know how anyone can be excited over an ambulance van given the state of the game, but hey to each their own. Was suuuuuper excited about the corolla gr untill i heard that IT'S ONLY AVAILABLE FROM BRAND CENTRAL IN SEPTEMBER. Why add the car to the silhouette for the update if it's not in the update?

Last edited:
PMK
Was suuuuuper excited about the corolla gr untill i heard that IT'S ONLY AVAILABLE FROM BRAND CENTRAL IN SEPTEMBER. Why add the car to the silhouette for the update if it's not in the update?
It is in the update.

"Players will have access to the car in Sport Mode to practice for the final round of the 2023 Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup — which uses the car for a race at Watkins Glen — and all players who compete in any one round of the championship will receive it in their gifts at the end of the tournament on August 27."

It is in the update.

"Players will have access to the car in Sport Mode to practice for the final round of the 2023 Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup — which uses the car for a race at Watkins Glen — and all players who compete in any one round of the championship will receive it in their gifts at the end of the tournament on August 27."
I am aware it's technically in the update but the update launches on august 7th right? The earliest you can actually get the car is at the end of august and that's only if you participate in the GT cup which locks it for over a month for those who don't play sport mode (which is quite an amount of the playerbase)

Last edited:
So we get a WAH-mbulance. Seriously, as someone who had a Tacoma with the HiMedic's engine (unless PD throws a curve, or Toyota changed the engine and didn't tell anybody), don't expect too much performance - it runs out of revs right about the time it makes max horsepower (max hp of 158 at 5200 rpm, redline/fuel cutoff at 5600 rpm).

At least the first-gen Corvette won't be completely worthless. There's a few different power options and a choice of carbueration or fuel injection for that 283, from a low of 230 to a high of 290.

PMK
I am aware it's technically in the update but the update launches on august 7th right? The earliest you can actually get the car is at the end of august and that's only if you participate in the GT cup which locks it for over a month for those who don't play sport mode (which is quite an amount of the playerbase)
You'll be able to drive it in that one combo from August 7th onwards, then own one of it (for liveries and upgrades and stuff) from August 28th, then buy it from late September.

It's not dissimilar to the situation with the Ferrari Vision GT.

Kaz coming up with cars for this update (he knew some people will be seriously hurt because some virtual cars are not to their liking):
изображение_2023-07-30_191752610.png

Is corolla is locked behind trial thingy and even then to get it as a prize at the end of the august, am I mistaken?

I decided to make an account just to express my frustration because this situation seems absurd. I wonder how many concurrent players are even actively participating in the sp portion of this game, especially when it comes to featuring these unpopular cars that nobody really wants.

The majority of online races in this game seem to revolve around gt3 or gt4 cars. It would be much better if the developers included at least one new gt3 or gt4 car in every update, rather than adding mundane regular cars that only a handful of people might drive once in single-player mode.

Back