Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.36 Now Available: Adds Four Cars Including GR Corolla

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,229 comments

What's your favorite car in 1.36 (by any criteria you wish)?

• Chevrolet Corvette C1 '58

Votes: 50 20.1%
  • Maserati MC20 '20

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Toyota GR Corolla Morizo '22

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Toyota Himedic Ambulance '21

Votes: 72 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I decided to make an account just to express my frustration because this situation seems absurd. I wonder how many concurrent players are even actively participating in the sp portion of this game, especially when it comes to featuring these unpopular cars that nobody really wants.

Speak for yourself.

A first generation Corvette, a GR Corolla and a Maserati MC20 are all pretty great additions in my book. The ambulance might not exactly be high performance, but it could still be quite fun to throw around the corners. If it gets an engine swap it could become hilarious.

I decided to make an account just to express my frustration because this situation seems absurd. I wonder how many concurrent players are even actively participating in the sp portion of this game, especially when it comes to featuring these unpopular cars that nobody really wants.

The majority of online races in this game seem to revolve around gt3 or gt4 cars. It would be much better if the developers included at least one new gt3 or gt4 car in every update, rather than adding mundane regular cars that only a handful of people might drive once in single-player mode.
Isnt just cheaper to make a weird looking garbage suzuka Gr.3/Gr.4 car for only sake of manufacter series? That's the reality we're living in pretty much sadly.

And all other fictional Gr.3/Gr.4 cars too. Like at some point one would think Aston Martin GT3, M4 GT3, 296 GT3 and 992.1 GT3 cars will come this year in a nearest update alongside Newer Mercedes and Audi car respectively to represent newer era of Sport and making it reslly competitive, instead PD tries to appeal to everyone by making most dumbest and imbalanced Gr.4/3/1. It's just a mess that still hasn't been resolved, so at one point I would say just giving up is the only proper option. Real race cars represent manufacters's efforts made with cutting-edge techology and carry upon glory and history through and through racing world, but who cares let's have fictional garbage from ridge racer, Kazunori is dumbest man alive.

Edit: Ah, yes downvote me because you can't accept the truth apparently. Enjoy having useless VGT cars even more and Gr.3 category getting bikes at some point.

Edit

Speak for yourself.

A first generation Corvette, a GR Corolla and a Maserati MC20 are all pretty great additions in my book. The ambulance might not exactly be high performance, but it could still be quite fun to throw around the corners. If it gets an engine swap it could become hilarious.
Doesnt matter to be fair, if PD will make BLESS and I mean it by blessing is with proper races featuring these cars. And I again state RACES, not single-race garbage that we have, but a proper championship, last one added since GT7 release...

Root issue of GT7 is garbage linear campaign, but Kazunori along side crying Jim Ryan will do everything possible to make as less effort as possible, but to earn as much money as possible. Downright removing fun factor and making players do same boring grindy races again.

So yes, whatever cars they add it's just a good bonus from missing out of a proper car list at launch, shoved to maintain this game for as long as possible, until next iteration comes.

Last edited:
Let's talk prices on the 3 cars that will actually be available for purchase on the 7th:

The Toyota WAH-mbulance...er...HiMedic - 125,000 Cr. - It's impossible to find the real-world price of this vehicle, and the version of the HiAce this was based on is no longer made. However, the HiAce wouldn't be cheaper than the 75,000 Cr. the Alphard came in at, and PD has the safety cars at a rather substantial premium over their "civilian" counterparts.

The Chevrolet Corvette - 350,000 Cr. - While the examples currently on the market are in the $80,000-$180,000 range, there was one (a dual-quad carb 270 hp manual) that went for $330,000 last year and another (a fuel-injected 290 hp manual) that went for $275,000. Throw in the Hagerty's markup for a concours-worthy model (yes, this will be in Hagerty's, not the UCD), and you get 350,000 Cr.

The Maserati MC20 - 300,000 Cr. - The 2022 started at $216,000, and Car and Driver's test car went for $260,000. Given the Hagerty's markup extends to Brand Central (the Valkyrie is 4,000,000 Cr. despite costing the equivalent of $3,500,000), that's a fair assessment.

That will be one grind around Sarthe or Tokyo.

Last edited:

The majority of online races in this game seem to revolve around gt3 or gt4 cars. It would be much better if the developers included at least one new gt3 or gt4 car in every update, rather than adding mundane regular cars that only a handful of people might drive once in single-player mode.
There's a lot of people in here equating their own opinion with objective fact.

There is a lively online scene full of people who like to race road cars, classic cars, muscle cars, etc. It's not all GR2/3/4 racing and nor should it be, variety in a game like GT7 is critical, otherwise why aren't we all just playing ACC?

I understand the appeal of the GR cars to people but personally I'd much rather see more road cars from different eras and quirky options to play around with in online lobbies. I'm not "right" but I'm also not alone, the reaction to this teaser rather proves to me that PD are being sensible by catering to different tastes.

In conclusion, I'm looking forward to it. If we received four new GR3 cars instead then I would still look forward to it but it would be less interesting to me.

There's a lot of people in here equating their own opinion with objective fact.

There is a lively online scene full of people who like to race road cars, classic cars, muscle cars, etc. It's not all GR2/3/4 racing and nor should it be, variety in a game like GT7 is critical, otherwise why aren't we all just playing ACC?

I understand the appeal of the GR cars to people but personally I'd much rather see more road cars from different eras and quirky options to play around with in online lobbies. I'm not "right" but I'm also not alone, the reaction to this teaser rather proves to me that PD are being sensible by catering to different tastes.

In conclusion, I'm looking forward to it. If we received four new GR3 cars instead then I would still look forward to it but it would be less interesting to me.
I'm just saying VGT, Fictional Gr.3 cars don't deserve to exist in this game.

This is AAA racing game, best of the best in car modeling department and they waste efforts on some goofy fictional race cars, they look so bad compare to older days of GT too, but that's for another matter

So instead of this mess, they could just add real-life race cars, simple as that

Last edited:
You'll be able to drive it in that one combo from August 7th onwards, then own one of it (for liveries and upgrades and stuff) from August 28th, then buy it from late September.

It's not dissimilar to the situation with the Ferrari Vision GT.
I don't think i was playing GT7 yet when the Ferrari dropped, didn't know that it came from an update and had the same situation. Still, would've loved to have had the Corolla in my garage the 7th. Definitely my favourite hot hatch rn.

Last edited:
Surprised not too many are welcoming the new Vette. The van is understandable but the Corvette is iconic. I thought Corvettes were generally welcomed. The C1 almost completes the Corvette family in GT7 and is a must have in any Corvette collection.

Last edited:
Literally a core of Gran Turismo, all the way back to the very first one.

I can't believe people have forgotten the AWD Mitsubishi FTO LM and the mid-engined CR-X del Sol LM already - or the Dodge Concept LM if you want a really goofy fictional race car.
I already said that, though. It'a like you got my sentence ripped of a paragraph. Yes, indeed previous GT had way better fictional race cars and nowadays racing modification option is missing sadly

I already said that, though. It'a like you got my sentence ripped of a paragraph.
Hmm... where?
I'm just saying VGT, Fictional Gr.3 cars don't deserve to exist in this game.

This is AAA racing game, best of the best in car modeling department and they waste efforts on some goofy fictional race cars, they look so bad compare to older days of GT too, but that's for another matter

So instead of this mess, they could just add real-life race cars, simple as that
There's no reference to the "goofy fictional race cars" of older GT games, just a weird mention of the current "goofy fictional race cars" looking "so bad compare to older days of GT too" (sic).

Given your subsequent objection I'm assuming that you meant to put "the ones in the" mid-sentence, but you didn't - and I can't read words that aren't there.

It's also hyperbolic. Stating that any car from GT7 looks "bad compare to older days of GT" is... exaggeration for the sake of exaggeration. Here's a "goofy fictional race car" from GT7 compared to its GT4 counterpart (so not even a 500-polygon PS1 car):

1690738093967.png

1690738160986.png

So bad... Definitely doesn't deserve to exist.

Hmm... where?

There's no reference to the "goofy fictional race cars" of older GT games, just a weird mention of the current "goofy fictional race cars" looking "so bad compare to older days of GT too" (sic).

Given your subsequent objection I'm assuming that you meant to put "the ones in the" mid-sentence, but you didn't - and I can't read words that aren't there.

It's also hyperbolic. Stating that any car from GT7 looks "bad compare to older days of GT" is... exaggeration for the sake of exaggeration. Here's a "goofy fictional race car" from GT7 compared to its GT4 counterpart (so not even a 500-polygon PS1 car):

View attachment 1276307

View attachment 1276308

So bad... Definitely doesn't deserve to exist.
Its from GT4 days...not a GT7 update car nor fictional GT Sport Gr.3 Car.

Gr.4/Gr.3 should catter towards being more serious revolving around GT3/GT4, you know. I like GT by citroen race car too, but it's like I would rather have a standalone random race car category back in older games or something, because shoving it all into Gr.3 makes it all a BOP mess

Last edited:
An ambulance? Seriously? Is that some sort of PD troll for all the murders going on in Sport Mode?

You know what they say about opinions... but I can't say I am excited about any of these cars. Oh well...
You don't get it, do you? The way people drive in online races I am simply surprised it took them so long to add an ambulance. Next update I hope they add a trauma helicopter :lol:

Surprised not too many are welcoming the new Vette. The van is understandable but the Corvette is iconic. I thought Corvettes were generally welcomed. The C1 almost completes the Corvette family in GT7 and is a must have in any Corvette collection.
I'm not too big on the Corvette line of cars; the C1 is not my style in particular, but it'd be great if they added the C4 Grand Sport, C5 Z06, and C6 Z06.

Last edited:
Well if there is going to be an ambulance type vehicle you can be most assured there it's going to be a "one- make" daily race with that car, so either you buy it now or rent it later...

I'm actually really happy to see the C1, especially a later model like the '58. I think the only gen Corvette they have left to add in is the C5, which would be cool if it comes someday.

Seems to me like people without PSVR2 can't appreciate the car selection as much as the PSVR2 users... In Virtual Reality all cars are special

I'm glad someone mentioned this. I don't own the VR because I can't afford it, but addition of topless cars is really making me feel like I'm missing out!

I'm sure the feeling is enhanced across the whole roster of cars when you play in VR. There is an affordability gap for some of us players that does limit our sense of immersion which I'm sure has an effect on appreciation.

Back