Gran Turismo 7 Updates Confirmed: New Tracks, Cars, Events, and Parts

• Thread starter Famine
  • 221 comments
DK
Does anyone else check in on this thread first thing in the morning with the vain hope that a bug fix has just dropped in the last few minutes?
I believe the next update is scheduled for tomorrow? (wednesday)
You can check the news page.

Last edited:
Kaz mentioned that he would like to increase the lower powered vehicles section of GT7, some of my predictions for the upcoming updates are:

• Kei Cars = (Suzuki Cappuccino, Mazda Autozam, Daihatsu Midget II etc.)
  • Volkswagen Kubelwagen Typ82, 1944 (To go up against the Willys Jeep)
  • Lower powered Hot Hatches
  • Returning GT6 Premiums
  • Returning Standard Cars now Premium
  • New Vehicles and Brands
  • New Events, Kei car cup, Boxer Spirit, Dr. Wankel etc.
  • What about Manufacturer specific events in Brand Central, Lamborghini Cup, Ferrari Cup, Z owners club etc.
  • New Circuits - Maybe Midfield, Eiger Nordwand, Materhorn, Goodwood Hillclimb etc.

Can't wait to here more news

I could care less about content this early in the game. Just please, get the online lobbies sorted out and stable. In their current state, they are utterly useless for league racing.

I would absolutely love to see every single fictional circuit from all previous GT releases be made for GT7. It would make the 25th Anniversary a real celebration and I personally would be prepared to pay a fair bit of DLC cash if they did it.

I would absolutely love to see every single fictional circuit from all previous GT releases be made for GT7. It would make the 25th Anniversary a real celebration and I personally would be prepared to pay a fair bit of DLC cash if they did it.
That would be interesting. Maybe if this update comes, the cars added would be free but all of the tracks are apart of a paid DLC. Problem is, it sets a precedent of paying for update content, which is bad.

I'd really love to see the FTO come back, especially the GR and GPX models. In terms of design and perfs it was a beast. The GTO (or 3000GT) LM edition, the one with the black optics, was a hell of a car too! A shame those Japanese classics have totally disappeared of the series :(

As I see it, the game urgently needs racing cars, such as Ferrari 296 GT3 '22, Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo '20, BMW M8 GTE '20 and AMG GT3 Evo '21, and street supercars from the last five years, such as AM Valkyrie, AMG Project One, Ferrari P80/C, Ferrari F60 America, Ferrari 488 Pista, Mclaren Senna, as well as the latest models of GTE and GT3 cars.

And, of course, more real, classic tracks from the franchise.

Current content is weak! It could even be said that GT7 is a GT Sport "Remastered" version.

It's very hard to accept that softhouses like Milestone and Slighy Mad Studios get licenses for several famous and fun real circuits, such as Algarve, Potrero de Los Funes, Motegi, Sugo, Imola, Zolder, Mosport, Mugello, while Poliphony remains stuck in inexplicable limitations.

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Updates Confirmed: New Tracks, Cars, Events, and Parts

Gran Turismo 7 is launching to players around the world today, as midnight passes in each time zone, but already Polyphony Digital is letting us know what to expect after launch...
Hey
Had the update, but the game will not load now. It keeps telling me that there is a server problem with this code CE-210701. I've checked the WIFI connection and it is all good, does anyone have any ideas please. Thank you

Hey
Had the update, but the game will not load now. It keeps telling me that there is a server problem with this code CE-210701. I've checked the WIFI connection and it is all good, does anyone have any ideas please. Thank you
the game still isnt back from server maintnenence

Track Wishlist: long beach, COTA, Montreal, Kylami, Zolder, Silverstone, and sebring

Cars: M4 GT3, Bentley would be nice,
I've lost hope! PD's update policy is austere and petty! Always settling for old, simple cars and circuits without so much popular appeal!

Two weeks in now and all the updates seem to do is add more bugs, make the game worse.

Zero new content.

Those who tried have finished the single player by now. Nobody wants to get old at the fishermans ranch. ****ing piece of **** game.

Kaz mentioned that he would like to increase the lower powered vehicles section of GT7, some of my predictions for the upcoming updates are:

• Kei Cars = (Suzuki Cappuccino, Mazda Autozam, Daihatsu Midget II etc.)
  • Volkswagen Kubelwagen Typ82, 1944 (To go up against the Willys Jeep)
  • Lower powered Hot Hatches
  • Returning GT6 Premiums
  • Returning Standard Cars now Premium
  • New Vehicles and Brands
  • New Events, Kei car cup, Boxer Spirit, Dr. Wankel etc.
  • What about Manufacturer specific events in Brand Central, Lamborghini Cup, Ferrari Cup, Z owners club etc.
  • New Circuits - Maybe Midfield, Eiger Nordwand, Materhorn, Goodwood Hillclimb etc.

Can't wait to here more news
I honestly kinda hope they already have them ready to go and will release car packs like once a month eventually, but honestly we might be waiting 6 months for a single car pack of 3 cars that not many people care about... 😂🤷‍♂️

I try to be a realist rather than a pessimist but sometimes there's a fine line.

Two weeks in now and all the updates seem to do is add more bugs, make the game worse.

Zero new content.

Those who tried have finished the single player by now. Nobody wants to get old at the fishermans ranch. *ing piece of * game.
Let's be real, there's no way new content is gonna be added in the first month. The first few updates would obviously try to correct some bugs and adress any problems GT 7 might had. I only expect new content in April.

And since every update is a mess and seems to create new bugs and problems, we should feel lucky if new content is indeed dropped in April 😁

Last edited:
Let's be real, there's no way new content is gonna be added in the first month. The first few updates would obviously try to correct some bugs and adress any problems GT 7 might had. I only expect new content in April.

And since every update is a mess and seems to create new bugs and problems, we should feel lucky if new content is indeed dropped in April 😁
Lets be real. I payed full price for a game thats literally unplayable atm.

Lets be even more real. The content added over gtsport is thin and the campaign mode is a joke.

Really real now. They explicitly stated new content will come. You think they work that out as they go? You really think they start m modeling the cars two weeks ahead of update?

Damn these fanboys got me riled up.

Lets be real. I payed full price for a game thats literally unplayable atm.

Lets be even more real. The content added over gtsport is thin and the campaign mode is a joke.

Really real now. They explicitly stated new content will come. You think they work that out as they go? You really think they start m modeling the cars two weeks ahead of update?

Damn these fanboys got me riled up.
Calm down, I'm no fanboy and you completely missunderstood what I meant. If I were trying to defend PD, I'd never say every update is a mess.

Look at GT Sport. The game launched with way less content and still PD didn't add any new content in the first month. What makes you think it'd be different with GT 7, a game considered more robust? PD is not known for working fast, it took them over an year to add rain to a couple tracks in GT Sport. That's what I meant.

If you set your expectations way too high, you're gonna be disappointed. Unfortunately.

Last edited:

GT Sport received three cars and the new Kyoto layout in the month following its launch. And GT Sport was also buggy at first. I wouldn't be surprised by the addition of new content announced in early April.

GT Sport received three cars and the new Kyoto layout in the month following its launch. And GT Sport was also buggy at first. I wouldn't be surprised by the addition of new content announced in early April.
I also believe GT 7 will receive new content in April. But not in March, though.

Last edited:
I honestly kinda hope they already have them ready to go and will release car packs like once a month eventually, but honestly we might be waiting 6 months for a single car pack of 3 cars that not many people care about... 😂🤷‍♂️

I try to be a realist rather than a pessimist but sometimes there's a fine line.
Still can't play the game, server maintnenence! Useless, updates just have that push for micro transactions, so now the game play is even more grinding for cash or you can spend more than you paid for the game to buy a classic/expensive car, then you have your parts to buy, paint if you like that. They need to get there act together, I would say I'd be tempted not to play in protest but it seems like they are doing that for me, server down for 34 hours! Crap job all round 😡

Still can't play the game, server maintnenence! Useless, updates just have that push for micro transactions, so now the game play is even more grinding for cash or you can spend more than you paid for the game to buy a classic/expensive car, then you have your parts to buy, paint if you like that. They need to get there act together, I would say I'd be tempted not to play in protest but it seems like they are doing that for me, server down for 34 hours! Crap job all round 😡
Yeah, it's really frustrating to know that we're waiting just to be given a microtransactions-friendly update. I hope Kaz will wake up and stop this bull****... :/

This is so crap, do you think we'll get some cash for the lost gaming hours we paid for? I think not! Kaz needs to put on his listening ears, it's us the ordinary everyday gamers who make GT what it is, get your act together 🐂💩

This is so crap, do you think we'll get some cash for the lost gaming hours we paid for? I think not! Kaz needs to put on his listening ears, it's us the ordinary everyday gamers who make GT what it is, get your act together 🐂💩
I believe they will do sth. My reasoning says in-game credits, I am between 100k-200k or they go full on "We are sorry" mode with 1m.

The best update for now, will be when they make simple things in lobby... Like, Save/Load track configuration, Enable Qualify before races... This is a lame and so sad... How in the hell, they do a lobby without these things.
You forgot the lobby "Kick".

There's no need to pretend like they have to fix the bugs first to work on new content for updates. They cut events from the release version to have content they could put back in later. Just look at the Jimmy Fallon videos. They have content ready to be released, but they're holding it back. Maybe PD thinks people haven't finished their tiny career mode yet.

A point to consider. Playstation Studios, using the name "Gran Turismo", could sponsor events such as IMSA (US), GT Challenge (Europe) and Super GT (Japan). That way, all the cars and circuits would be available to Poliphony to put in the Gran Turismo games.

Probably someone from Sony has already thought about this idea. I think it's not financially impeditive, after all, Fanatec and BlancPain have already sponsored to have the "name rights" of the sport. I think for Sony it wouldn't be expensive.

In this way, we users could enjoy circuits such as:

IMSA:
  • Watkins Glen
  • Belle Isle
  • Road America
  • Road Atlanta
  • Virginia
  • Mosport
  • Sebring
  • Mid-Ohio

GT Challenge:
  • Algarve