Gran Turismo 7 Will Allow You to Import Liveries and Decals from GT Sport

• Thread starter Famine
  • 202 comments
I'm personally a fan of this idea.

Issue with games at launch with online is it tends to be a dumpster with inconsistent quality of players since everyone has just started. Racing Games especially have this issue as there are a lot of factors with multiple opponents fighting each other. I've been frustrated even in games like Mario Kart online early on because of this. This solves the issue tenfold and you immediately start with players around your skill level not having to wait a bit for the good players all to rise and the bad players all to drop.

Interesting that a competitive mode can pick up where you left off, but I can't do that with solo play. The option should then be there for players that want to transfer over their 100mil Cr. Hmm, seems like a thread I've read about....

I'm personally a fan of this idea.

Issue with games at launch with online is it tends to be a dumpster with inconsistent quality of players since everyone has just started. Racing Games especially have this issue as there are a lot of factors with multiple opponents fighting each other. I've been frustrated even in games like Mario Kart online early on because of this. This solves the issue tenfold and you immediately start with players around your skill level not having to wait a bit for the good players all to rise and the bad players all to drop.
I think this gives a good indication that Gt7 is really Gt sport 2, I have played all of the Gran Turismo games and really enjoyed them , as we know Gt7 has gone from PS5 launch to cross-gen , The state of play video didn’t excite anybody or really explain in depth about the single player mode, which is the mode that most players play, I have played the online mode, but with the current penalty system won’t go near it now, and as likely it won’t change.
Now with the announcement that most liveries will be transferred over, i understand many people will be happy with this, but myself when i buy a new game i would like to start afresh. I can’t see myself buying Gt7. They have already indicated that there will be updates like we had with GT Sport, the question is why, why not give us the full game now ?.

I think this gives a good indication that Gt7 is really Gt sport 2, I have played all of the Gran Turismo games and really enjoyed them , as we know Gt7 has gone from PS5 launch to cross-gen , The state of play video didn’t excite anybody or really explain in depth about the single player mode, which is the mode that most players play, I have played the online mode, but with the current penalty system won’t go near it now, and as likely it won’t change.
Now with the announcement that most liveries will be transferred over, i understand many people will be happy with this, but myself when i buy a new game i would like to start afresh. I can’t see myself buying Gt7. They have already indicated that there will be updates like we had with GT Sport, the question is why, why not give us the full game now ?.
Depends on the perspective. If you only play for online then yes, GT7 is likely GT Sport 2. I care much more for single player experience which GT7 seems to provide as a successor to GT games before GT Sport so I cant truly call it GT Sport 2

Seems like a very laborious process still. 100 liveries at a time and you have to be in the same car to transfer it over. Also have to re-buy paints and wheels. So much grinding and clicking OK boxes when they could've just saved the liveries in a separate game data file in the HDD and then have it copied over to GT7's file (either automatically if you're on PS4, or via USB if you're upgrading to PS5).

Also will we still have the 1000 (combined car+helmet+suit) item limit???

DR/SR carrying over, no brainer about that.

Wish we can carry over our credits and cars too. I'm sick of grinding for the same 20 million cars over and over from GT5/6/Sport. The top 10 most expensive cars in GTS alone cost a staggering 157.5 million credits, and it looks like there's gonna be a lot more in GT7 judging from all the old cars (plus the artificial price inflation of used JDM cars).

Last edited:
I've just realised that I won't be able to transfer anything from GT Sport because I played it on my old account.

Overall, fantastic news as many others have noted, so I'll be the Debbie Downer and complain.

I'm not much of an artist. Most of the "liveries" I make are private stuff, like license plates and personal touches. The whole point of the livery editor to me was to make my car uniquely mine. I don't want to share them, nor do I want to saddle my 200ish followers with 50 "just a plate and fancy paint" and "for club use" liveries. That said, I don't want to have to remake them in GT7 either. This sucks.

Wish I kept all the svg files. Here's hoping for a more private, manual import process.

If you want to start from zero, tank your rating before February 15th.
I am not an english native speaker and not familiar with this "tank your rating" expression. What does this means?
I kinda like the idea that if you have a bad GT legacy you should earn back the good score as a redemption.
Well chief-prosecutor evldave333, some people still think... this might be just a game. And starting all over, is a good way to get a clean fresh papar, werer you explore the game from zereo. I wished it might be an option as some mentioned before. I guess I will ruin my driver-level to get an E-rating (is the worst?). Than I can compete against some other E-level driver in the beginning to have some easy wins :) I mean... this should make fun. I hate to drive all the time against much better A/B driver in the same race (have a D-level).
Wish we can carry over our credits and cars too. I'm sick of grinding for the same 20 million cars over and over from GT5/6/Sport. The top 10 most expensive cars in GTS alone cost a staggering 157.5 million credits, and it looks like there's gonna be a lot more in GT7 judging from all the old cars (plus the artificial price inflation of used JDM car
Totally agree! I hated that have to grind again and again and again for some cash to "pay" some super expensive cars. I don't mind drive and get some price money, but thant the rates have to raise massive. Everybody is talking about climate issues here and there. I don't think it is very climte friendly to run my TV and PS4/5 for hours, just to get ONE car! I really hated that on GT-Sport!

So, i hope for some money-glitches and stuff like that in the very early beginning in pre v1.01 version :D

About the livery-transfers: So, if I want to save my private dick/penis liverys which I made with passions for hours, I have to publicat them? hm... I guess the same issue with my swastika-german-reich designs? :D Does it helps, when I made a standard red circle "no" sign layer other them, in case PD want to ban tham, in the transfer process :D

I am not an english native speaker and not familiar with this "tank your rating" expression. What does this means?
"Tank" as a verb means to fail completely, to deliberately lose, or to go down in value.

In this instance it means driving down your DR to as low as it can go on purpose.

It's easier to drive down your SR - just drive backwards until you're disqualified a few times - and each time it falls two levels below your DR it resets your DR. Drive it down to E and your DR is reset to one point.

My only complaint about this process is one linked to the Playstation Network itself.

Firstly it's good that the transfer will auto import, saves a lot of time and effort, my specific problem is thus...

My PSN that I use now is not the one I made my liveries on which I won't bore you with as it's a private matter so when I start up GT7 it won't import anything because those liveries are under a different PSN ID, not a big problem because I can just login to that account so the liveries show in 7 under the community tab but it means I won't be able to edit them.

I had been hoping the local save file of the liveries on my PS4 might be able to be used with my current account but again PSN have a unique ID and lock the save to that PlayStation account so data saves cannot be used on another PSN profile whiich makes sense.

So I guess I am recreating 600+ liveries just because I chose to change my PSN ID.

Not a big problem as it will keep me busy but one thing that wiould have been nice is to have the option to manually enter the account you wanted to import from as well as the auto import.

It's easier to drive down your SR - just drive backwards until you're disqualified a few times - and each time it falls two levels below your DR it resets your DR. Drive it down to E and your DR is reset to one point.
Thanks for the explanation :) Basically I want to have sportmanslevel A/S and driver-level E status.

People not buying games because they give you the OPTION to import stuff from previous games must be a new sort of entitlement.

People not buying games because they give you the OPTION to import stuff from previous games must be a new sort of entitlement
No i would just prefer to buy a product that isn’t attached to its former product. Anyway each to there own. But i still think people will be disappointed come March 4th.

How do you know?

Again, how do you know?

Because it's not ready yet? :dunce:
Think about it you are paying roughly £60-£70 for 80 extra cars and a handful of returning tracks . The people who pay for playstation plus or Playstation Now to race online are subsidising free monthly updates .

Think about it you are paying roughly £60-£70 for 80 extra cars and a handful of returning tracks . The people who pay for playstation plus or Playstation Now to race online are subsidising free monthly updates .

I'm paying 70 euros for the most gorgeous car game in the world, with endless design possibilities, amazing photography options of all the complete unique cars I can design (100% freedom with imported SVG's), race other AI in a long career, tune the rides to really connect with your starter car, a nice online counterpart with kinda decent penalty system.

I feel really sorry for people who, 1 month before the game even releases, already deem this game as a GTSport DLC, but on the other hand, Assetto Corsa is coming to PS5 so no need to be a nancy, everyone has something to their liking. Tons of games available.

So I guess I am recreating 600+ liveries just because I chose to change my PSN ID.
Did you change your PSN or set up a completely new account? if it’s the former, you might be ok as your email address etc. is all still the same?

Did you change your PSN or set up a completely new account? if it’s the former, you might be ok as your email address etc. is all still the same?
New account or rather one I had that I'd forgotten and decided I wanted to make that my main gaming account.

How does that answer my questions?

Actually I'm paying 70€ for the tuning system (including widebodies and engine swaps which can result in cars so different to an stock car that in older GTs they'd be considered different cars altogether), changing time and weather, new career mode and progression system, somewhat minor but still very much improvements across the board, as well as the 80 new cars and the few new tracks and all the content they'll add further down the line.

And ultimately, if it was literally Sport + new cars and tracks, well, that's about an euro per car, not counting tracks, which is cheaper than most DLCs for other games tend to be, so it'd actually be worth it too.

"driver rating & sportsmanship rating will transfer to GT7"
GREAT...my Pastor Maldonado reputation will follow me toGT7.
images.jpg

This is awesome but I would love it even more if replays were also imported. It's always a bummer to lose replays from past GT games. It makes sense of course but it would be amazing if they could somehow make them playable in every new GT game. I should probably just record them myself though. Or at least the improtant ones.

But i still think people will be disappointed come March 4th.
Thats why I put my expectations not to high. I know that, since GT5, I want made the misstacke twice ;) To be honest, I guess after some patches, let say after a year, we will see the real quality of GT7. I push the thumbs. :)

Back