Gran Turismo 7's Holiday Season Campaign Sees the Temporary Return of Login Bonuses

• Thread starter Famine
  • 137 comments
This is lovely.

curious.png

A good time to remind people of the virtues of Remote Play, if you'll be away from your PS5 and don't mind leaving it in rest mode. Connect from your phone/tablet with the official app, launch GT7 and get your log-in bonus, disconnect and return the PS5 to rest mode. Job done, rewards earned, 5 mins at most.

Here, have some nothing. As if the car prices didn't de-incentivize collecting to begin with, now I'm getting huge piles of worthless parts that I cant sell for cars I have no intention of ever buying. If the parts werent vehicle-specific there would at least be value to them. Not to mention the insulting 'invitations' THAT EXPIRE given to you for cars you cant afford (before they expire anyway) or never want to buy. Meanwhile the one you DO want you're not allowed to buy because of random chance but they dangle it in front of you anyway. To a huge portion of player base these things are flat out worthless, yet they still act like we should be falling over ourselves with gratitude.

@Famine and @Fezzik

Off topic, but I cannot find the answer anywhere....can you tell me if it is easier to switch accounts on the Portal than it is with remote play having to log out of an account in order to login to another one? If I could switch accounts as if I am on the PS5, that would at least give me a reason to get a Portal.

@Famine and @Fezzik

Off topic, but I cannot find the answer anywhere....can you tell me if it is easier to switch accounts on the Portal than it is with remote play having to log out of an account in order to login to another one? If I could switch accounts as if I am on the PS5, that would at least give me a reason to get a Portal.
It is exactly the same experience software-wise as Remote Play on any other device (there are other reasons to have one), so you do have to log out / log in.

Not too bad for simply logging in 5 days of 11, moving the cursor one spot left and hitting "X" - a guaranteed 350,000 Cr., a 36% chance for an additional 100,000 Cr., a 13% chance for an additional 500,000 Cr., a 1% chance for an additional 1,000,000 Cr. (an aggregate 50% chance of some cash), a 20% chance at a Brand Central car worth between 120,000 Cr. and 450,000 Cr. (or 480,000 Cr. if the 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT3 is in this tier), and a 7% chance at a Brand Central car (including the invite-only cars) worth at least 500,000 Cr. (or 480,000 Cr. if the 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT3 is in this tier), plus an engine, a "special" part (mostly from the "ultimate" tab, or if you're really unlucky, carbon-ceramic brakes). Of course, if you're really unlucky with the 5-star Wheel of Despair, it will be an unneeded invite (8%), engine (5%) or "special" part (10%).

I wonder what the prizes will be for the 13-day-long Part 2, especially since simply showing up on the home screen will get a Brand Central car worth somewhere north of 450,000/500,000 Cr.
Only took 13 posts before this thread descended into the same tired recycled complaints. What's the over/under until we start whining about microtransactions?
Let me give you a countdown. 5...4...3....

Last edited:
Ugh, imagine being one of those people.

Bloody love my Portal :D
@Famine and @Fezzik. Apologies for going off topic (although I think you probably both started it with your 'showing off' ;-0). How does GT7 hold up on the Portal? Do you get a steady/consistent 60 fps? And how noticeable is any input lag?

@Famine and @Fezzik. Apologies for going off topic (although I think you probably both started it with your 'showing off' ;-0). How does GT7 hold up on the Portal? Do you get a steady/consistent 60 fps? And how noticeable is any input lag?
It’s entirely dependent on your own network setup. If it works fine for you using the Remote Play app it’ll likely be the same on the Portal.

There’s a dedicated Portal thread here

Last edited:
"Of course the nature of the Roulette tickets mean that a prize value is pretty much up to chance"

Is it chance? haha

It’s entirely dependent on your own network setup. If it works fine for you using the Remote Play app it’ll likely be the same on the Portal.
For a laugh I tried it over 5G (phone as a hotspot) from about ten miles away from home a couple of weeks ago. I wouldn't like to do multiplayer on it, but I did do one of the single player Weekly Challenge races with... a bit of input lag but nothing I couldn't live with.
"Of course the nature of the Roulette tickets mean that a prize value is pretty much up to chance"

Is it chance? haha
Well Yes But Actually No GIF by walter_

Effectively it is as there's absolutely nothing the player can do about it, and really it just depends on how far down the list you've got and what your seed-generated start point was.

For a laugh I tried it over 5G (phone as a hotspot) from about ten miles away from home a couple of weeks ago. I wouldn't like to do multiplayer on it, but I did do one of the single player Weekly Challenge races with... a bit of input lag but nothing I couldn't live with.
For what it’s worth my current best lap in the Watkins Glen online TT (a solid silver, for now) was done on the Portal, and I couldn’t beat it last night on the actual PS5 with Dualsense.

I know, this probably says more about my inconsistencies as a driver.

@Famine and @Fezzik - thanks for the swift responses. I'll give the thread a look. Thr PS5 is connected to my racing rig and I'm looking for something to play sprawled out on the sofa. I was hoping that game would be the new Forza, as a bit of a GT7 pallet-cleanse...but unfortunately not. Hence the interest in the Portal.

I'm okay with this tbh, no need for Portal for me since I don't go anywhere during this holiday period.

Just me, some drinks, and the PS5....

Edit : Well that sounds sad when I read it again.
I'd give you a heart (or hug) reaction emoji if there was one.

It's never too late to find your irl people. Rooting for you to find some joy over Christmas.

Hope it becomes such a huge succes that they prolong it in 2024 😎 always enjoyed this feature in GT Sport(?)

Back