Gran Turismo 7's Next "Big" Update is Coming This Week: Adds Seven New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 703 comments
AE79283A-0F8F-4B6E-8515-B5CBE0D4D9F3.jpeg

Seems like it's much easier to select your car before an event now!

A nice early xmas present, time to re-install. Finally it looks like the game will fit around my garage, im hoping I can pick a fully tuned / upgraded car with any track in quick race and sophy will match up... Its been a real bug bear having upgraded cars with only custom race options to use them with. No more career nerfing or straight up dead ends for car / track combo's quick race will be the hot spot.

Just read some comments about remembering the past differently. I agree, sometimes the older games aren’t as good as you remember them to be. However, sometimes older games had features that you maybe wish were in the new one. I think sometimes this gets misinterpreted as somebody just remember old games with rose coloured glasses, but really it’s disappointment over missing features.

For example, years back they remastered Turtles in Time, fun game, better graphics, but the entire sound track was replaced. So yeah of course people were upset, they bought a “remastered” game and got something that technically wasn’t true to the original. I personally didn’t care or notice. But GT7 not having a track editor is a bit disappointing and I swear on one of them we could share tunes or setup? I know we could gift cars and that’s gone. So that type of stuff makes the past look better. But I wouldn’t boot up my PS3 to play GT5 or GT6. No thank. But I would like some of the features and tracks from the old games in the new one. Maybe I’m stupid but I bought GT7 thinking it would have that stuff. Oh well.

From PS Blog:

5 new regular events​

• World Touring Cars 900: Trial Mountain / Nurburgring / Suzuka Circuit / Autopolis
  • X2019 Nations Cup: Interlagos Circuit / Sardegna Road Track / Dragon Trail / Trial Mountain Circuit / Lake Maggiore Circuit
  • World Rally Challenge Gr. B: Lake Louise
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge 600
  • Pick-Up Truck Race: Lake Louise

2 Expert Race Events​

• Clubman Cup+: Watkins Glen International / Special Stage Route X / Fuji Speedway / Monza Circuit
  • GT Cup Gr. 3: Mount Panorama / Daytona International Speedway / Deep Forest Raceway / Red Bull Ring

Oh god… this is perfect update!

From PS Blog:

5 new regular events​

• World Touring Cars 900: Trial Mountain / Nurburgring / Suzuka Circuit / Autopolis
  • X2019 Nations Cup: Interlagos Circuit / Sardegna Road Track / Dragon Trail / Trial Mountain Circuit / Lake Maggiore Circuit
  • World Rally Challenge Gr. B: Lake Louise
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge 600
  • Pick-Up Truck Race: Lake Louise

2 Expert Race Events​

• Clubman Cup+: Watkins Glen International / Special Stage Route X / Fuji Speedway / Monza Circuit
  • GT Cup Gr. 3: Mount Panorama / Daytona International Speedway / Deep Forest Raceway / Red Bull Ring
So, this are then ''Championships'' i guess.

1. Nobody really speaks about it => The new intro will be a breath of fresh air! Judging by the pictures, the intro will be very cool!

2. The 7 cars, what to say. Especially looking forward to drive that GT3.

3. Lake Louise... Really? I'm actually quite disappointed in the new track. But it's a new track and we welcome it! It does have 3 versions (Long/Short/Oval), so i hope we get 3 different Circuit Experiences with nice payouts!

4. 3 extra menu's. Nothing extraordinary here.

5. New challenges! Weekly Challenges! For the new challenges i understand it's going to be 50 license tests.
Although i like new challenges, i do hope that they will add some type of new missions also. Weekly challenges: really happy this returns and this will be a nice incentive for many players to pick up GT7 more frequently again. I do hope that the rewards will be much better than just roulette tickets :grumpy:
Also the 5 new regular and 2 expert level added races are very welcome! I see we finally get another new race at Monza. I pray to the Gran Turismo gods that the GT 3 CUP races are ENDURANCE races...

6. Master licenses... Curious how these will turn out. I personally liked the challenge for the Super License, so i hope these are not too difficult.

7. Split screen. I'm very happy for those that use this feature! Shame it's only for PS5 (Aswell as GT Sophy), but finally people can play this way again. Just a shame it took more than 1.5 years to finally fix this!

8. New shutter speeds are fantastic! Only in Race photos, but a very welcome addition. I'll certainly take some pics in the new scapes collection.

9. I very much like the new dashboard. You can see in the picture championship completed 10/10. I presume we will not be getting new championships.

10. And the last thing: Quick Race and GT Sophy. I hope that they took player feedback for granted and that we now can set up Quick Race with MUCH BETTER PAYOUTS. Is it possible that we will be getting the GTS system back were the more difficult the race is, the more you can earn? If you look at the pic (on the PS Blog) you can see that you can earn bonus in percentages. Very curious how this will work. Also this will be a very much welcome regarding variety to play the game. If payouts are now worth it for setting up Quick Races, this will be a nice alternative to grind credits instead of always racing Le Mans.

To conclude: i am very happy with this update. On the other hand, this update was very much needed and i just hope that for the coming months the updates keep coming and that they keep adding new events. Let's just hope they keep things interesting with the weekly challenges. Also i hope they keep the TT events?

Nothing really new for the Sport Mode which is kinda strange? Maybe (hopefully) tomorrow we see many fixes for the Sport Mode in the patch notes.

Weekly Races...Hopefully with good Payouts! (like it was in GT6)
I actually very much doubt it. You can see in the picture on the PS blog that for completing 5 weekly races, you get 3 different roulette tickets. This mean prices are once again based on luck. I do hope you can earn credits for completing the races and that the roulette tickets are extra.

But we will see how it works tomorrow i guess.

Wow really excited for this. PD is setting up GT7 to be a major PS5 and PSVR2 seller this Holiday season. Really hope we see some QOL improvements for PSVR2 as well.

I pray to the Gran Turismo gods that the GT 3 CUP races are ENDURANCE races...
There are already 4 races of that type in the game - three are 5 laps, one is 10 laps. These will likely be the same.

Last edited:
There are already 4 races of that type in the game - three are 5 laps, one is 10 laps. These will likely be the same.

Bummer... :grumpy:

I really would like to have proper endurance races..

Just read some comments about remembering the past differently. I agree, sometimes the older games aren’t as good as you remember them to be. However, sometimes older games had features that you maybe wish were in the new one. I think sometimes this gets misinterpreted as somebody just remember old games with rose coloured glasses, but really it’s disappointment over missing features.

For example, years back they remastered Turtles in Time, fun game, better graphics, but the entire sound track was replaced. So yeah of course people were upset, they bought a “remastered” game and got something that technically wasn’t true to the original. I personally didn’t care or notice. But GT7 not having a track editor is a bit disappointing and I swear on one of them we could share tunes or setup? I know we could gift cars and that’s gone. So that type of stuff makes the past look better. But I wouldn’t boot up my PS3 to play GT5 or GT6. No thank. But I would like some of the features and tracks from the old games in the new one. Maybe I’m stupid but I bought GT7 thinking it would have that stuff. Oh well.
I can agree with your statement have a track editor and the ability to gift cars would welcome features. Also having some of the older tracks back would be very welcome.

Just saw all the details for the new update, the GT3 RS was my main reason to jump back in GT7 again but seeing all this new stuff, guess I'll have to re-plan my game play time 😆

So PS5 owners get Sophy and split screen in addition to the other stuff.If I had a PS5 it wouldn’t be of interest to me.No interest in the License malarkey at all ,likewise the new Circuit.Only 1 out of the 7 cars will be used by myself.As for as I can see we still don’t have Endurance Races,it’s not like they don’t know how to do it as they have done it before.Let’s have races for Classic cars that are bought at great cost rather than just using them against modern cars.

Not yet even two days after I posted this:
I second this.

I used to live in a rental house with a lot of housemates, and around the time GT7 came out one of my friends living there managed to get his hands on a PS5 while they were still hard to find. He set up the system in the main living room on the big 4K TV we all communally pitched in for when we moved in. We shared my anniversary copy between four people (and funnily enough all of them got my preorder bonus :lol:), all trading off on our campaigns. We all played regularly from March to early August 2022 but not once were we actually able to play together with each other since split screen was broken the whole time, and still is to this day.

We all moved out that September and we’ll never get those times back to play GT together regularly. Completely missed opportunity because PD never bothered to fix an extremely basic bug that was never a problem in any of the 7 previous titles they produced. Couch co-op/split screen is an extremely important social feature for games still even in the online era.
4-player (and I assume working :lol:) split screen gets announced. This is awesome, it looks like I’ll be forced to jump back into the game later this month.

:gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

What are the odds that Sophy will be available in custom races? From everything I've read so far, it seems unlikely. Sounds like it is only going to be available through the Quick Race feature. Maybe something to hope for in future updates, though.

Back