Gran Turismo 7's Next Update Arrives April 25

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,026 comments
Matt has already mentioned having some form of disability. What it was specifically, I don't know. But I do wish people would at least stop mocking him. I know Matt has made claims as fact that were just untrue, and it's okay to call that out, but people tend to immediately jump to mocking and it's hard to watch.
I was brain damaged at birth which caused my learning disabilities and depression

You wrote neurotypical when I'm pretty sure you meant neurodivergent.

I had a giggle because I'd love it if neurotypicals got ** on every time they said some moronic neurotypical ******, but that doesn't seem to be how it works. :P
Ah yeah, I actually searched up “neurotypical” when I was writing my post to make sure I got the definition right and I think my eyes must’ve skimmed over it too quickly!

My mistake, I’ll edit it now. Maybe I’m the dumbass… :lol:

Last edited:
I mourn the loss of the Tomahawk cheat, but fortunately, I found other ways to earn my credits.

Below is the new method. Observe that you may need to copy your old tuning sheet and edit it from there, just in case. I had to reset my gearbox (change from racing gearbox, to normal and back to racing) to make it work. Intermediates (only tires that get you below 600 pp oddly enough) wear quickly, but doing a strategy of 7 laps-5 laps at Tokyo, no issues. Fuel consumption is now higher too, but again with the higher tire wear and being forced to pit, you can refuel if needed.

Last edited:
I may be tripping, but I did a custom race with my garage cars and the AI's pace is noticeably a bit faster. I'm able to drive with a bit more confidence with the improved handling of RWD cars but the AI actually give me somewhat of a battle (not TOO much but more than before. And this was with me babying the hell out of the throttle cause I was afraid of spinning out)

Can anybody confirm? I may just be slow 😅🥲

I don't understand the energy wasted over the Tomahawk glitch or why people who use it to grind are looked at "differently". Calling yourself a "Real" simulator and then wasting time and space installing a bunch of fake cars into said simulator is preposterous!
See also: Hypocritical.
The fact that these fantasy cars are even in the game is enough for me to also accept being able to make credits quickly with a glitch. Fantasy is fantasy!
If people are upset that casual players use this car to grind then they should be equally upset that the car is even in the game! Either it's a "real simulator" or a game. And again, if it's just a game then exploits like the Tomahawk on Tokyo hurt no one.
If they're going to end this glitch and it's ability to earn big credits quickly then they should do away with ALL the VGT cars. Replace them with real world cars. Some of you have mentioned a bunch.
The main problem is lack of player options in single player which takes a few hours to code. Forced PP/tyre limit is stoopid and preposterous and unduly in our video game age!

I watched the new video on sportsmanship last night, apparently you should leave a cars width between cars when you're overtaking. I don't think I ever have or ever will leave such a huge gap, hopefully it doesn't hurt my SR too much 😅

Last edited:
I really dont like the rear grip physics change, now the car is way to easy on a exit of a corner, really sad they did this.

Who would have thought that cars are designed to be drivable?

You can't have the tyre model like it was before the patch and claim for it to be realistic. Cars would kill drivers for the merest tickle of the throttle if they behaved like that.

The real CARS.

As for the BRZ S. Anyone check the stereo system? The description makes a big deal about it. Wonder if it picks up Triple J.

I didn't pay super close attention, but I'm sure all I saw inside was a blanking plate, with no radio at all?

Last edited:
VXR
Who would have thought that cars are designed to be drivable?

You can't have the tyre model like it was before the patch and claim for it to be realistic. Cars would kill drivers for the merest tickle of the throttle if they behaved like that.

I didn't pay super close attention, but I'm sure all I saw inside was a blanking plate, with no radio at all?
Haven't checked it yet. That would be odd, if the radio is deleted. Another thing, I'm surprised it's cheaper than I thought. Was thinking it'd be high 30k. Much more than the GR86. Now knowing it's the more luxury spec S model, I guess it's a bargain.

What has changed out of interest? Is it noticeable?
I think it is a big difference. Been racing the M4 GT4 in the daily races ever since. I was struggling to keep it on the black stuff at the turns exits. Now its a fair bit more stable, I'm even racing with traction control off.

It still spins easily on exits, but I mean, its a 450hp rwd. Its now predictable, controllable, catachable and believable.

Last edited:
I think it is a big difference. Been racing the M4 GT4 in the daily races ever since. I was struggling to keep it on the black stuff at the turns exits. Now its a fair bit more stable, I'm even racing with traction control off.

It still spins easily on exits, but I mean, its a 450hp rwd. Its now predictable, controllable, catachable and believable.

Yep, can confirm that the tweaks feel great. Although is it just me or has tyre smoke been reduced massively?

Couldn't be happier. Bought an extra 20 to set up for an offline Cappo Cup.

Attachments

• 20830041420765258.jpg
    20830041420765258.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 14
I agree with the others that liked the handling better before the update 1.13, especially on throttle behavior. I was really enjoying driving 4wd cars on tarmac before the update. Like the R32 and 22B. Even on sports tyres it required moderate throttle inputs and the cars were very responsive. Now not so much. Back to the old GT5 plowing understeer, then point and shoot.

Drifting even in powerful cars like the BRZ Drift now requires a lead foot, little to no modulation.

Weight transfer to the front in Gr1 cars like the R92CP Calsonic is now almost non-existent.

It has improved however braking response, especially on the handbrake controlling a drift is now more intuitive, as is linking corners where a bit of braking is required. Before the update if you were counter-steering a slide, applying the handbrake would often weirdly pull the back in instead of keeping it out.

If we could keep the current on-brakes behaviour that would be good, but I would take the on-throttle behaviour before the update back over that.

Is it just me or is the ffb strengtb on a 8nm gt ddpro greatly reduced? I feel like i am driving the 5nm it just feels off. On that note does anyone have updated settings for gt dd pro?

Yep, can confirm that the tweaks feel great. Although is it just me or has tyre smoke been reduced massively?

I didn't notice less volume, but maybe a consequence of the grip adjustment is the tyres don't overheat as easily? This was from a fairly long drift.

rsz_18063026b5130-screenshoturl.png

Last edited:
Back