Gran Turismo 7's Next Update Arrives April 25

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,026 comments
VXR
I didn't notice less volume, but maybe a consequence of the grip adjustment is the tyres don't overheat as easily? This was from a fairly long drift.

View attachment 1142859

Not so much less volume, it's just a lot harder to generate. Ie you need some serious wheel speed now, which I guess is probably more realistic.

I was just enjoying doing smokey burnouts around the entire circuit 😂

Last edited:
What has changed out of interest? Is it noticeable?
Sorry for late reply. RWD cars have much more grip in the rear end and don't suddenly lose grip seemingly without warning due to weight transfer.

The back of the car actually feels planted. You can still kick the tail out..even accidentally but I personally am no longer afraid of RWD oversteer in the game and felt more confident in the car immediately even while sliding, and thats with a controller. When before with a wheel I would avoid RWD oversteer at any cost. on mid to high powered road cars even on a wheel.

Some cars (my 201x Ford GT) I even needed stability management cause on very low speed corners..like im talking 30 mph with minimal throttle the rear would just step out. Even on me wheel. Now I can drive it no TCS or Stability management with a controller on the same problematic corner.

It was borderline game ruining for me. If the game ever came to PC I intended to buy it before launch. But with the state of RWD cars I changed my mind. But now im back to picking up a hopeful PC version.

Last edited:
The criticism for the patch, aside from the usual negative voices, is justified after all. PD promised new layouts and cars on its own. PD have set an expectation and just not met them. You can say what you want, but in the end there are not multiple layouts, there is only one layout and it is only a different pit lane. In principle, they did the same trick with the cars, because the BRZ was developed together with the GT86 and is not a new model. Developers aren't supposed to make promises they can't keep. Just look at 343 and their new roadmap. Pathetic.
Asking developers to keep their promise isn't entitlement.
I don't view it as griping at all. When you're invested in something, investing time, money on big tv's, gaming consoles, headsets, racing wheels, building rigs, we have every right to speak our minds. The developers need to listen to the community more. I understand and respect their vision for things and how they want to see it done, but in the end, it's the community that drives(see what I did there)this game.

Cr. 1 million per hour* seems long but alright. Hope that amount or higher can be brought over to the Circuit de la Sarthe in a future update.

*Not including 50% Clean Run bonu
Still does not beat the 1,650,000 per hour with CRB at La Sarthe WTC700, where the hour at Spa with CRB pays 1,500,000

Hmmmmmmm

Sorry for late reply. RWD cars have much more grip in the rear end and don't suddenly lose grip seemingly without warning due to weight transfer.

The back of the car actually feels planted. You can still kick the tail out..even accidentally but I personally am no longer afraid of RWD oversteer in the game and felt more confident in the car immediately even while sliding, and thats with a controller. When before with a wheel I would avoid RWD oversteer at any cost. on mid to high powered road cars even on a wheel.

Some cars (my 201x Ford GT) I even needed stability management cause on very low speed corners..like im talking 30 mph with minimal throttle the rear would just step out. Even on me wheel. Now I can drive it no TCS or Stability management with a controller on the same problematic corner.

It was borderline game ruining for me. If the game ever came to PC I intended to buy it before launch. But with the state of RWD cars I changed my mind. But now im back to picking up a hopeful PC version.

Yep, agree with all of this. I didn't mind it as it was, but the changes added a heap of confidence for RWD cars. I tried 3 or 4 different RWD cars last night on various circuits and on average was about 2 seconds faster.

The most noticeable difference is the reduced reaction to weight transfer, particularly when counter steering. Ie you can actually catch a slide now without flicking violently in the opposite direction.

Well played PD for listening and responding so quickly.

Did a bunch of daily races last night, M4 in Lago. The bop is still weird, as I lose 5 tenths on the long straight, even with a sweet exit on the Esses.

But the rwd grip improvement can not be overrated. As mentioned by others, on low speed corners (first three in Lago) you can actually participate in the race now. Before the patch I was just carefully rolling through these corners. Its fun now, and feels great.

But the penalties are screwed up. Divebombers clearly get none, the ones pushed off get penalized for leaving the track. People have noticed that and are utilizing it. It needs to be hotfixed asap.

In all fairness, the Cappuccino is definitely a popular car in general - Americans go wild for them (as they do most Kei cars, it's something different and small.)

I'm pretty sure it had a lot of popularity in the UK as a "grey import" car as well, and they're clearly desirable with examples nowadays fetching around 6000-10000 GBP.

I get where you're coming from, it's not to everyone's taste and maybe a bit of a random choice for a first update that only contains 3 cars, but I do feel it's a little unfair on the Cappuccino to suggest it'll only appeal to a tiny fraction of players.
cappuccinos were sold officially in uk and other parts of europe like the neatherlands

If they want track number padding i dont understand why they didnt go for the Catalunya motoGP layout. Its literally already modelled.

This Nurburgring tourist layout and spa 24h layout where the start line is changed is just crap

If they want track number padding i dont understand why they didnt go for the Catalunya motoGP layout. Its literally already modelled.

This Nurburgring tourist layout and spa 24h layout where the start line is changed is just crap
I disagree. The Tourist layout is great for online. Trouble is, it's not so great online when they don't make it available online..

I really liked more pre patch RWD physics...now it's to easy, cars seems to go on rails...sad, hopefully PD revert it again,i found it more realistic behavior before this update
Me too! I’m finding it a bit more difficult at the moment! I’m sure we’ll all get used to the new physics though!

If you mean windshield banners, then yes you’ve just missed it. You’ve been able to colour it and stick decals on it since day 1
In the adding decal section there's an option in the bottom left corner which changes either the entire background of the banner a color or does certain percentages 2 colors. Sorry I didn't clarify enough on the first comment

In the adding decal section there's an option in the bottom left corner which changes either the entire background of the banner a color or does certain percentages 2 colors. Sorry I didn't clarify enough on the first comment
Yea that’s been there since day 1 too

Edit: just re read your comment - not sure about the whole banner, but the two colour option with percentage top and bottom been there since day 1

Last edited:
I would like to thank PD for the thoughtful nature of their updates, making Spa the new grind is genius & leaving open the clean race bonus for the higher pay out races is very reasonable. Ive managed to aquire 300 cars now and can go at the game with a different car each time I play it with no thought to credits anymore. My advice is grind to about 3/4 of the cars only, and then set about using them rather than go full groundhog day to completion.

You need a Clean Race Bonus. This update added a one hour endurance race at 24h Spa, which pays 1 million credits. A clean race bonus will give you an extra 50% credits.
can you tell me, what car you use?
what tire & power mapping for SPA endurance?

Thanks

I would like to thank PD for the thoughtful nature of their updates, making Spa the new grind is genius & leaving open the clean race bonus for the higher pay out races is very reasonable. Ive managed to aquire 300 cars now and can go at the game with a different car each time I play it with no thought to credits anymore. My advice is grind to about 3/4 of the cars only, and then set about using them rather than go full groundhog day to completion.
I don't really grind at all. I do play for a good balance of decent credit returns and fun. But after 1.09 earnings are good enough so you don't need to grind. I have 170 cars now and can buy pretty much anything I want except for the 5 million and up legend cars. I will get those later.

I don't really grind at all. I do play for a good balance of decent credit returns and fun. But after 1.09 earnings are good enough so you don't need to grind. I have 170 cars now and can buy pretty much anything I want except for the 5 million and up legend cars. I will get those later.
I had to have the P4 330 its every bit as sublime as in GTS... Its lush not thinking about credits now, I fully agree.

I had to have the P4 330 its every bit as sublime as in GTS... Its lush not thinking about credits now, I fully agree.
There are a few cars that move me physically. To quote James May: that give me the fizz. The P4 certainly is one of the cars that move me most. I am on a week's holiday now, when I am back I hope I can buy the Porsche 550. The fizz is strong in that one too :)

really the key to winning in Spa is to have a good car at the limit of the allowed power, run on soft tires, until lap 7. pay attention to the weather radar with chances of heavy clouds. when that happens, enter the pits for intermediate tires.
be careful on the brakes to use lightly because the track is wet. when it dries, use all the brakes on the straights. ideal is to have this set of tires, because, close to the last lap, the opponents will enter, you will not. he just needs to complete the last lap in front of them.

Back