Gran Turismo 7's Next Update is Coming Next Week, Adds Genesis and Bulgari Vision GTs

• Thread starter Famine
  • 787 comments
RCZ wasn't the meta but the VGT was especially in Daytona
It wasn't the META at Daytona; there wasn't one, IMO. The LM II and the P-VGT were both viable. Isn't that what we want? Multiple cars that are competitive on any given track? That being said, they did Nerf the Ford, too, so maybe that's why the did what they did to the P-VGT.

The RCZ on the other hand, no idea. I gave up trying to make sense to what PD does. Nerf the Gr3 RCZ but not the Gr4 Mazda3.

PD has acknowledged the Genesis livery bug:
I figured it was only those of us that got the car free couldn't save them as I've seen some on leader boards that were not OEM color.

This has piqued my interest:

"We will be sending out new Car Tickets later which will enable liveries for these cars to be edited and saved correctly."

Does that mean we'll get a second car where liveries can be changed? And the first car will remain glitched (I'd be selling one asap anyway).

Does that mean we'll get a second car where liveries can be changed? And the first car will remain glitched (I'd be selling one asap anyway).
I Hope Please GIF

I figured it was only those of us that got the car free couldn't save them as I've seen some on leader boards that were not OEM color.

This has piqued my interest:

"We will be sending out new Car Tickets later which will enable liveries for these cars to be edited and saved correctly."

I was wondering the exact same thing. They definitely made it sound like the original gift car is permanently cursed.

...which would make it the ONE car in my garage I will absolutely NOT sell! :lol:

Kind of an odd bug if the « only » way of correcting the issue is to re-issue a ticket to everyone.
Well it may be a good news if it gets us an extra car to sell…
Strange that the issue come within the ticket car

Its means one from the UCD can be edited or painted without issue?

I hope they will not « ghost » the original we received like they did with the pre-order cars in GT Sport ( or was it 6 ?) that were not removable from the garage…

PD has acknowledged the Genesis livery bug:
No liveries please, we're VGTs!

If it only affects the gift cars, that's a strange one. I could understand if the cars as a whole are just broken, but that doesn't sound like it's the case.

I'm also curious how they discovered the Bvlgari is broken unless someone happened to check it on purpose. There can't be many of those out there right now considering the real life price tag. :P

SuperGT got given one of the watches at the world tour finals by the compmany but he didn't have a code at time of his video yesterday but maybe some have already received their code eg World Finalist players perhaps reported it?

Last edited:
The night we race after an update is usually filled with excitement, last night, meh. Sold the genesis as soon as I got it. Bought the Jimny and tuned it a little. Meh. But at least it’s a real vehicle.

Really hope we get a proper track in the next update. New cars, the excitement lasts maybe a month, if that. New tracks, the excitement lasts for at least 3 months.

Non content update… I wish they’d let us share tunes already. Screenshots of two pages then sending in chat is such an inefficient way of doing it. We used to play GT Legends in like 2005 or 2006? You save your tune, share/send to a friend. Takes five seconds to share and five seconds to load. It’s 2024 and PD thinks screenshotting is the best way? It wouldn’t even be that bad but the setup pages are missing vital information.

Last edited:
SuperGT got given one of the watched at the world tour finals by the compmany but he didn't have a code at time of his video yesterday but maybe some have already received their code eg World Finalist players perhaps reported it?
Yea, who knows.

If you do a search for liveries for the car, it comes up completely empty (at least on the site).

For me the XJR-9 engine swapped XJ220 is by far the highlight of the update. Makes the car one of my new favorites to use!
Well I guess I know what I am using at Le Mans next time, is there a specific tune or settings I should use for the engine swapped car?

Will of course wait for it to appear in LCD again so I can have an original and swapped engine.

Guys...I got 3 Jimnys,and all I can say is, WHY ON EARTH IS THE SUSPENSION SO BAD?
As the owner of a real Jimny, I can anwer.

Because a body-on-frame yoghurt pot with a short wheelbase and a locked front diff will handle terribly. It's a completely compromised car, designed to be brilliant off-road, cheap (if you ignore scalpers), and just about serviceable on the road.

These cars shouldn't go anywhere near a track. That's part of what makes it one of my favourite additions to the game so far :D

Are they running any faster overall race times, though? I think the fastest I ever saw was a 27:15 from Kokubun.

Anyway, I wonder how that will make the other rain races. Maybe they will be more competitive or even downright impossible, like the SF Fuji race or the Neoclassic race at RBR. Yikes, the Human Comedy mission at Tsukuba could be a real tough race now. It was already a tough one, but if the AI is faster in the rain...
Last night I was at Le Mans and the heavens opened big time, I pitted for RI at that time I was in the lead.By the time I got out of the pits there was about 75% track wetness,2 cars over took me and it was as though they were on wets but hadn’t pitted. I managed to get the lead again the 2 cars I overtook pitted and lo and behold they had wets…..so either they started on wets or they magically swapped tyres on the go. I think they need to either roll it back to preupdate or sort it out.And yes they seemed to be faster.

Last edited:
Well I guess I know what I am using at Le Mans next time, is there a specific tune or settings I should use for the engine swapped car?

Will of course wait for it to appear in LCD again so I can have an original and swapped engine.
I just have the default setup with added front/rear wings and RM tires. Haven’t tried it in the rain yet. This setup puts it at 760pp

Last night I was at Le Mans and the heavens opened big time, I pitted for RI at that time I was in the lead.By the time I got out of the pits there was about 75% track wetness,2 cars over took me and it was as though they were on wets but hadn’t pitted. I managed to get the lead again the 2 cars I overtook pitted and lo and behold they had wets…..so either they started on wets or they magically swapped tyres on the go. I think they need to either roll it back to preupdate or sort it out.And yes they seemed to be faster.
aggreed, the AI are faster in the rain, i had a good 8-10 sec lead over P2 and i got caught not looking behind enough :)

As the owner of a real Jimny, I can anwer.

Because a body-on-frame yoghurt pot with a short wheelbase and a locked front diff will handle terribly. It's a completely compromised car, designed to be brilliant off-road, cheap (if you ignore scalpers), and just about serviceable on the road.

These cars shouldn't go anywhere near a track. That's part of what makes it one of my favourite additions to the game so far :D
I had the privilege to drive one for a few days a year and a half ago. I absolutely enjoyed every single second of it. My only real issue was the fuel consumption.

As for the driving experience it was what I expected and exactly what you said: Serviceable.

I think I'm going to use this one a lot in the game since I have a real life "connection" with it. Those days in Cancún were nice :)

I had the privilege to drive one for a few days a year and a half ago. I absolutely enjoyed every single second of it. My only real issue was the fuel consumption.

As for the driving experience it was what I expected and exactly what you said: Serviceable.

I think I'm going to use this one a lot in the game since I have a real life "connection" with it. Those days in Cancún were nice :)
Fuel economy is abysmal for a 1.3. Ours was modified for hardcore off-roading when we bought it, and it only got 220 miles to a tank. We took out 90kg of weight, changed the tyres, and it shot up to 330 miles to a tank. Still terrible, but better.

I do want a second one to turn into a track car though, so I'm living out that fantasy on GT7 currently :D

Back