Gran Turismo 7's Next Update is Coming Next Week, Adds Genesis and Bulgari Vision GTs

• Thread starter Famine
  • 787 comments
Yea, who knows.

If you do a search for liveries for the car, it comes up completely empty (at least on the site).

Yes I was just able to find 2 scapes of the Bvlgari, and both from asian countries (Indonesia and Thailand by the flags of the users)

Sure, I may have been underwhelmed with this update at first, like a lot of you.

Until I tried the Alphard swap. This is better than the Espace F1 in my opinion. I can't get the smile off my face while ripping around in VR listening to an LFA engine!

View attachment 1322554View attachment 1322555
I can dig it. Posted this nearly two years ago to the day.
Vans. We only got the Odyssey, Espace and VW. The HIACE would be fun.

There are also some cool performance themed vans.

Renault Trafic F1 edition
View attachment 1109590

Ford Transit M-Sport
View attachment 1109591

M-Sport Connect
View attachment 1109594

Mercedes Vito diesel & EV
View attachment 1109595

The new swap definitely ramps up the GTness of this game.

Please someone else confirm this, but to me VR gameplay became much sharper. Previously the cockpit was way more blurry, now you can read all buttons, displayed info without too much focus
I’ve played a lot of GT7 in VR oder the last weeks and I didn’t see any increase in sharpness since the 1.42 update.

Not sure if VanQuins has been playing in VR for a while now, but – speaking from my own experience – especially in the first few weeks there are the occasional playing sessions when you manage to put on the headset at the perfect angle and experience the maximum sharpness and visual fidelity that the device is capable of. Over time you learn to put it on like that every time (also, you subconsciously learn how to focus your eyes, etc.) but the difference between "just-right and perfectly-right can be substantial in the beginning.

I havent turned on my PS5 since last night, so I have nothing to add other than I wonder how this change will effect the rain races:
2. Physics Simulation Model
 - Adjusted the stability of rival cars in wet conditions.
I envisage that the bot cars will now be able to perfectly control their cars at 300+ kmph, on comfort tires while in torrential rain, while we still hydroplane at 80kmph on racing hards as soon as the rain starts.

Thanks PD!

Well, if today's race was any indication, the AI are certainly still "not good" when it comes to the rain. This happened every time I attempted the WTC800 at Tokyo this morning.

thumbnail_IMG_2756.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2757.jpg

If anything, they're worse... haha.

The thing that gets me about the Jimny is the suspension. The articulation of the solid axles is unlike anything I've seen before in a GT game. I did not expect PD to go into such detail but I'm so happy they did. We need more cars like this and a proper off-road trail because hopping around Willow Springs isn't enough.

Well, if today's race was any indication, the AI are certainly still "not good" when it comes to the rain. This happened every time I attempted the WTC800 at Tokyo this morning.

View attachment 1322834

View attachment 1322835

Funny thing, I do the WTC700 a lot and the AI stability has improved but... at the cost of our wet tyres and IM tyres being less stable in rain, for example with IM tyres I still could go full speed until the wetness meter got really closer to the top third pre 1.42. Now post 1.42 I will be getting unstable with IM tyres at half wetness meter. Go figure....and I mean unstable like I am on RH tyres.

Funny thing, I do the WTC700 a lot and the AI stability has improved but... at the cost of our wet tyres and IM tyres being less stable in rain, for example with IM tyres I still could go full speed until the wetness meter got really closer to the top third pre 1.42. Now post 1.42 I will be getting unstable with IM tyres at half wetness meter. Go figure....and I mean unstable like I am on RH tyres.
From what you wrote,seems that the " fix" wasn't to do the AI better and with right choice of tyres at pit , but also make our tyres worse ?

I didn't drive yet one of my stable cars at rain to see how that changed.

Are you sure those who slipped had IM tyres? because in my race they didn't and they slipped alot

2. Physics Simulation Model
 - Adjusted the stability of rival cars in wet conditions.

I thought this was going to be about everyone other than the leader always having more grip that Super GT mentioned on his YouTube

Last edited:
I noticed this last night in 3 different cars the grip has been reduced not only in the wet but in the dry,also the track now dries within a lap whereas before the update it was at least 2 laps before it was nearly dry.

I noticed this last night in 3 different cars the grip has been reduced not only in the wet but in the dry,also the track now dries within a lap whereas before the update it was at least 2 laps before it was nearly dry.
That's a serious change you're talking about mate.
I think is time to grab my 787 or 92RCP to see if its true and to what point.

From what i saw from my run with 787 the dry tyres didn't affected,but wet tyres - intermediate in my case - have more wear than before, not by much but they have .
Intermediates tested with LM55gr1 for 3 laps only.

May be a bug as I know this has happened with other people on other cars before but this is the forst time ot has happened to me and only with this new car.

Can't put a livery on the Genesis VGT.

Everytime I save the livery it appears on the car but when I save it as a style the thumnail goes back to the standard livery.

If I look on my liverys it shows none (I saved it 3 times to check), but it appears in my styles with the original thumbnail.

But when I exit GT Auto and the 'applying' circle appears the thumbnail at the top of the screen (current car) is still the original and once out of GT Auto the livery has gone off the car.

I can go back in and reapply the style but it still dissappears when I leave GT Auto everytime.

I also noticed a lot of shared styles in the showcase for this car also have the standard thumbnail, so doesn't look like it is just me with the issue.

EDIT: I wrote about the Genesis VGT livery bug but just seen the updates on it 😊

Last edited:
From what i saw from my run with 787 the dry tyres didn't affected,but wet tyres - intermediate in my case - have more wear than before, not by much but they have .
Intermediates tested with LM55gr1 for 3 laps only.
Its variable,some cars are worse than others.Iwill be testing again tonight.

I haven't had this experience. In the WTC race those pics came from I was on inters 9 of ten laps, and even when the rain meter got part way up the highest level and had a blue bar on top they were predictable for me the whole way. There were some small moments of lock up and I was driving carefully, but they were actually working better than I expected them to.

I like inters in the dry as well, just because they allow for a little bit of lateral slip over the hards and make the car a little more compliant. They're slow of course, but fun.

Haven't purchased the truck yet but the Genesis is a very good car, the performance surprised me. The brakes and and understeer is abit of an issue but considering it's basically a roadgoing(?) hypercar with unadjustable downforce that's to be expected. The car also looks pretty good too though I wish the front was abit different as the rear and side profiles look real good. The car is also pretty good on fuel consumption and sounds good too as it went around 9 laps on FM1 at Sardegna and went as high as 190MPH on 7th gear at low range RPMs. Definitely recommend giving it a try if you haven't already.

The thing that gets me about the Jimny is the suspension. The articulation of the solid axles is unlike anything I've seen before in a GT game. I did not expect PD to go into such detail but I'm so happy they did. We need more cars like this and a proper off-road trail because hopping around Willow Springs isn't enough.
I second that. Played local split-screen with a friend the other day and they said they loved the Jimny for its suspension. I instantly fell in love with the car, and it's become one of my favorites in the game.

We need an Escudo engine swap for it. 😄

As the owner of a real Jimny, I can anwer.

Because a body-on-frame yoghurt pot with a short wheelbase and a locked front diff will handle terribly. It's a completely compromised car, designed to be brilliant off-road, cheap (if you ignore scalpers), and just about serviceable on the road.

These cars shouldn't go anywhere near a track. That's part of what makes it one of my favourite additions to the game so far :D
So it's has a body-on-frame,like a G-Wagon,and the short wheelbase upsets it in a corner? K,thank you very much.

It is an all terrain car, so the suspension will tend to be more soft and sloppy than on sport cars
Ain't the Raptor a all terrain car,since it's a full-size American Pickup truck that weights 6,005lbs and sits about 4 feet off the ground?
And the Tundra?

I'm a bit different. Lot's of,if not everyone loves the Jimny for it's suspension. I don't. For offroad it's amazing, but for going around the first corner at Grand Valley at 80mph? Bad,very bad. My 1000hp ZR1 oversteers less than this thing,and the Jimny has 4WD. So,while the Jimny is good offroad, for RP lobbies it's not good. Maybe my vision is blurry since it's 63hp. For me,as a roleplay vehicle, the Jimny is not it. But,why complain? There's about 400 other cars to choose from. Plus, I mainly use my R35 SC or my 959(put about 3,000 miles on it anyway)

Latest Posts

Back