Gran Turismo 7's Next Update is Coming This Week: Escudo Pikes Peak Returns

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,621 comments
Update thoughts

Wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments, why cant they just give us a wealth of events to get our teeth into... I have not bothered with the game since April, even the roulette exploit hasn't tempted me... just total apathy. The designer in charge of the games structure head should roll, genuinely incompetent. The game has such great gameplay, sound and graphics too, human comedy indeed.

I love the addition of the track, the cars don't make a lot of sense, since they don't have a lot of use.

The Six Hours of the Glen was this last weekend, why not add, one or two of the latest GT3 cars with the track & a one hour GR.3 event, also there was Mazda MX-5 races, they could have created new events for these cars to.

Well I'm getting sick and tired of racing the same cars with the same colors for all these WTC 600, 700 and 800 events. Boring. Change it up, change the order. There's cars that aren't even being used in these categories AT ALL. I mean come on. Such bad implementation. And this is by their choice. Unreal.

Excellent question, but I think the PD-created events are created with tools we do not have access to in Custom Race. Still, this does not explain the amount of restraint they’re showing.
What irks me the most is the final bit of the campaign the "world tour" had four races, that could have been a dozen races long easily. I'm still hopeful the game will get to better state, but this diminishes with every paltry month. I think a business plan exists that would cause uproar if we saw it. Stretch everything thin so they can fleece us with GT8 which will be the greatest game ever (whisper: 5% new content). Maddeningly the financial numbers will be telling them they can get away with it too. At the end of the day so what? Its just a game and these are petty western problems in a world full of very real issues (would've been nice to escape those same gloomy issues in my former favourite game though).

Last edited:
always online? starting races in motion? rigged prizes? not being able to sell cars? three packs per update?

you tell me when to stop
Only 4 events "worth"(about 12 hours - basically a job - to get 20.000.000 car) "racing"(chasing the rabbit) from many fun circuits.

Seriously - Tomahawk (3.300.000 per hour) was a fair credits farm because 6 hours for 20.000.000 car is still an effort. Of course it would be a lot more fun if every circuit in the game had a payout around 3.000.000 credits per hour - with normal cars, fun events like classic cars races, GR4, GR3, GR2 etc. (without using cars as Tomahawk and I would ban cars like Tomahawk from high price events to balance payout).

I was thinking about it today and in my opinion Gran Turismo 7 is designed like free to play game but you have to pay upfront $70 to play in it and then you can slowly grind credits in repetitive events to buy cars BUT of course there is a way to speed it up by buying credits from the shop for real money $$$.

It sounds like free to play game for me.

Also fun stuff (online races in sport mode, custom lobbies, custom single player races) have awful payouts plus no incentive (in case of sport mode). Seriously when I see that someone in lobby A/S gets 100.000 credits for WINNING 18 minutes race against REAL PLAYERS then I can see why this mode has only 5-8% of playerbase.

Last edited:
Bought the Escudo and it's a car I didn't need. Stock everything and the R35 in the 0-1000m, left me in the dust.
I know the whole point of this car, in the game, is to max it out and have fun. At this stage in m life, I just some "vintage" racing. Mainly cars from the year 2000 and under. Without the hill climb events(Goodwood and Pikes peak) it's been sitting in my garage, in the non favorites section. Shame.

Bought the Escudo and it's a car I didn't need. Stock everything and the R35 in the 0-1000m, left me in the dust.
I know the whole point of this car, in the game, is to max it out and have fun. At this stage in m life, I just some "vintage" racing. Mainly cars from the year 2000 and under. Without the hill climb events(Goodwood and Pikes peak) it's been sitting in my garage, in the non favorites section. Shame.
Try out the time trial going on now in Sport mode. It's nothing like any R35, or pretty much any car in game when it comes to ferocity and insane speed.

Drag racing is about the most boring and unrealistic thing present in GT7. The R35 I built specifically for the last drag event was totally maxed out, including nitrous, and still needed to draft the other car to win even with a perfect launch where I got out of the hole much faster than the Ai car did. It's totally implausible, totally not fun (to me), and a total waste of the Escudos talents.

Try out the time trial going on now in Sport mode. It's nothing like any R35, or pretty much any car in game when it comes to ferocity and insane speed.

Drag racing is about the most boring and unrealistic thing present in GT7. The R35 I built specifically for the last drag event was totally maxed out, including nitrous, and still needed to draft the other car to win even with a perfect launch where I got out of the hole much faster than the Ai car did. It's totally implausible, totally not fun (to me), and a total waste of the Escudos talents.
I let my PS+ lapse because I'm not feeling the need to do Sport mOde. I use Custom Races.

Oh, I know the R35 is maxxed, but at 981 BHP and I guess a little more than half the weight, still got smashed. Think I used one of the LMP cars to beat it way back.

Again, yet another example of a complete and utter misguided direction and strategy, unless of course there's something planned that we don't know about - releasing the Esceudo and not the hill climb, I think was a mistake. Everyone could be having fun on that instead of racing it round Alsace.

I think we should have had the hill climb and or instead of Watkins in the latest update that included the Escudo. But what data mining has shown, is that there are more hill climb vehicles in the pipeline, so the hill climb track will probably be released then, thus utilising the license.

Again, yet another example of a complete and utter misguided direction and strategy, unless of course there's something planned that we don't know about - releasing the Esceudo and not the hill climb, I think was a mistake. Everyone could be having fun on that instead of racing it round Alsace.

I think we should have had the hill climb and or instead of Watkins in the latest update that included the Escudo. But what data mining has shown, is that there are more hill climb vehicles in the pipeline, so the hill climb track will probably be released then, thus utilising the license.
Same datamining doesn't reveal Pikes Peak though, but it did show Watkins Glen. June update had the highest chance for Pikes Peak to appear, logically speaking. But since it didn't happen, I wouldn't expect it to appear later.

There's one reason why it can appear later, though. Pikes Peak scapes, which were revealed in one of Suzuki VGT promo pics, still didn't appear in game, and usually PD add scapes of a track when that track is added (like Watkins Glen). Maybe PD did plan to add Pikes Peak in this update but something went very wrong in testing and they had to push it back and release Watkins Glen instead?

The optimistic side of me hopes that we may get a decent update sometime in the near future,but the realistic side of me thinks otherwise.
I hope this isnt as good as its going to get with content and events,i genuinely like the game,the driving,being able to load ghosts in hot lap now,but where are the events for specific cars and classes?What about special events races,dare i say it ,like we had in previous GT games,and i dont mean the one time payout mission races.I know the games only been out 3 months but what weve had so far doesnt fill me with confidence,heres hoping. 👍

Well, we still haven’t got Scapes for Bathurst. One of the most picturesque road circuits in the world. Seriously.
It’s funny having Melbourne Scapes and the unofficial hype, when the Albert Park buzz was happening. No Albert Park track.

Interlagos doesn’t have Scapes. Tsukuba, no scapes. It’s always going to be the PDL.

Last edited:
Well, we still haven’t got Scapes for Bathurst. One of the most picturesque road circuits in the world. Seriously.
It’s funny having Melbourne Scapes and the unofficial hype, when the Albert Park buzz was happening. No Albert Park track.

Interlagos doesn’t have Scapes. Tsukuba, no scapes. It’s always going to be the PDL.
I think it's only a pattern with circuits added with an update. Gotta check how exactly it was in GT Sport, but I'm pretty sure track+scapes in one update was the case in most of the updates.

I think it's only a pattern with circuits added with an update. Gotta check how exactly it was in GT Sport, but I'm pretty sure track+scapes in one update was the case in most of the updates.
Even without a pattern, all the tracks should have Scapes.

Edit: Brands Hatch doesn’t have Scapes, but Nurburgring have Scapes.
Red Bull Ring no Scapes, but we have the Scapes from the Red Bull Hangar.

Last edited:
Same datamining doesn't reveal Pikes Peak though, but it did show Watkins Glen. June update had the highest chance for Pikes Peak to appear, logically speaking. But since it didn't happen, I wouldn't expect it to appear later.

There's one reason why it can appear later, though. Pikes Peak scapes, which were revealed in one of Suzuki VGT promo pics, still didn't appear in game, and usually PD add scapes of a track when that track is added (like Watkins Glen). Maybe PD did plan to add Pikes Peak in this update but something went very wrong in testing and they had to push it back and release Watkins Glen instead?
Ah right, ok. Good points.

We'll just have to wait and see. Massive faux pas then if they have these hill climb vehicles to release, but not the damn track they're meant for! 🙄

Back