Gran Turismo compatible wheels and cockpit index

• Thread starter vtec_guy
  • 225 comments
I've used a DRIVING FORCE for 5 years. It's been reliable, has excellent feel and response. Only recently some slight problems have occurred. Namely sometimes the throttle sticks when heavy braking into a low speed corner. I fixed this with gaffer tape, to make a firm connection between wheel and pedals. Also now and again it misses and downshift, but that's probably me gearing down too fast. For how old it is and it's feel, Well done Logitech..... Then the other day on the off chance popped into local GAME store and couldn't believe what I was seeing. A DRIVING FORCE EX wheel on sale. £50, reduced to £15. Well of course, I snapped it up. It was the last one anywhere. Excitedly, I rushed home to test how it feels. To my shock, though much better constructed than my original DF, the force feedback seems weak. The difference between setting, 1 and 10, is hardly noticeable. Where as DF original in setting 4 feels same as EX setting 10. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there any thing i can do to increase the feel of the EX? I'm a bit worried now, because i intended to get G25, but without knowing what it feels like to use, it seems like a bit of a £150 gamble. I'd be interested, if anyone has experience using all three wheel's. What they thought of each. I can't really moan, £15 for an EX still sounds good, week feedback or not!

Has anyone managed to get a driving force ex on ps3 working with GT1 and GT2. If they did, can you share the secret please.

The MOMO works with GT5P!!!, when I tried mine the brake was always half on so although I could maintian my intitial speed as soon as I took my foot off the accelerator I couldn't re-gain speed. Could someone please tell me how to get it working as it would save me lots of monies from buying a G25.

EDIT: Not only is the brake on when it reaches O mph it goes into reverse then I cannot get it out again.

EDIT Again: Done abit more testing using GTR and found that when I remove the connection to the pedals and then re-connect I get a 100% reading for the accelerator yet as soon as I press the brake, my brake reading goes to a 25% constant and my acclerator will max out at 75%. The only way to then reset this is to remove the connection to the pedals again but I can't do that every time I brake, I'd never win anything!

Last edited:
OK guys sorry for double posting but i've got the problem with my Momo down to this. As soon as I use the brake pedal the brake doesn't reset to 0% depression, it goes back to 25% which on GT5P means that you cannot accelerate.

EDIT: Seems that after quite abit of research my pedals suffer from "spiking", which means to fix this i'm going to have to disassemble my pedals. If any else has this problem this website seems to have the fix http://web.axelero.hu/mozso/momo_e5.html

EDIT: Got my Momo working it's awsome now.

Last edited:
I know that the Logitech G25 wheel works with GT4 and GT5 Prologue, but not sure about any other GT games.

So, I went out and bought myself a Driving Force GT wheel for my PS2. I hooked it up the minute I got home, put in the GT3 disc. The first thing I notice was, the shifter does not work, the steering is whack, and the pedal shifter doesn't work.

But as for GT4, everything works perfectly fine.

The Momo works, I and others have already stated that on page 5.

Yea I gave it a go last night. As it's not part of the pre-defined wheels in GT5:P, I guess the game reads it as being a controller? If so, then I could try and see how the wheel mapping is done in the controller settings. 💡

maybe a little off topic but i really need an answer to this (a question that embarrasses me)

im about to get the driving wheel logitech gt. the thing is that i have two questions conerning this:

1. is this wheel compatible with ps2 and gt4?
2. i have an illegal copy of gt4, does the wheel work with unlocked consoles? sorry if there are legal stuff concerning chatting about piracy and illegal copies......, if im violating some rules sorry but i really need this answer to be sure about this to make up my mind and get the awesome wheel.......

maybe a little off topic but i really need an answer to this (a question that embarrasses me)

im about to get the driving wheel logitech gt. the thing is that i have two questions conerning this:

1. is this wheel compatible with ps2 and gt4?
2. i have an illegal copy of gt4, does the wheel work with unlocked consoles? sorry if there are legal stuff concerning chatting about piracy and illegal copies......, if im violating some rules sorry but i really need this answer to be sure about this to make up my mind and get the awesome wheel.......

A modded PS2 and a copy of a game make no difference on controller compatibility.

The wheel works fine with PS2 and GT4.

That being said...

You already had this in one thread on this very board. No need to post it again. 👎

A modded PS2 and a copy of a game make no difference on controller compatibility.

The wheel works fine with PS2 and GT4.

That being said...

You already had this in one thread on this very board. No need to post it again. 👎

thx man you made my day :)

I originally posted this in the GT5P forum, and it was suggested that I post it here instead.....

I had read in a review online of the G27, that due to the new configuration of the wheel (no sequential shifter other than the paddles behind the wheel), the GT5P would not work with the paddles, as it defaults to the sequential stick with no way of switching over to the paddles. Hope that makes sense!

I am soon getting either a G25 or G27, but really wanted to be able to play Prologue (with manual gears, but not using the H-Gate) now that the release date for the full version is next year.

Thanks

Regarding the compatibility of the G25 with GT4 -

Maybe it's because mine's refurbished, and I got it from Ikor Design (which is notorious for being a borderline scam company), but whenever I countersteer and the force feedback is transmitted through, the wheel makes this clicking or rattling sound (and I know it's been covered in other threads, but I'm not sure if this is just your average "it's normal" rattling sound, or an ACTUALLY BAD rattling sound),

It's not even vibration, as it is just shaking. There are things rapidly clicking inside the wheel, and I feel something resisting and then skipping. I'll have to upload a video of it, but has anybody else experienced this with GT4?

Hi all,
im new to this forum so i hope im posting in the right place, i have recently
been modding a dfp to look a bit more like an F1 wheel i have all the switches wired now and hopefully i should be able to post a vid of it all working in the near future. Anyway, here are some pics of start to finish.

Attachments

• Photo on 2009-11-07 at 14.51 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2009-11-07 at 14.51 #2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Photo on 2009-11-07 at 14.52.jpg
    Photo on 2009-11-07 at 14.52.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Photo on 2009-11-08 at 15.24.jpg
    Photo on 2009-11-08 at 15.24.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Photo on 2009-11-15 at 15.20.jpg
    Photo on 2009-11-15 at 15.20.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Photo on 2009-11-15 at 15.20 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2009-11-15 at 15.20 #2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 111
I saw a steering wheel in the Argos catalogue today. It is called the Logitech official GT Steering Wheel, and it's in the PS3 section. Is it PS2-compatible?
NOTE: It's the steering wheel on the bottom right of page 1779 in the Autumn-Winter 2009/10 catalogue in the UK version. Don't know if it's on the same page in the Irish catalogue.

EDIT: I've Googled it and I've found out that it is PS2-compatible.

Last edited:
Back