Gran Turismo compatible wheels and cockpit index

• Thread starter vtec_guy
  • 225 comments
Hi all,
im new to this forum so i hope im posting in the right place, i have recently
been modding a dfp to look a bit more like an F1 wheel i have all the switches wired now and hopefully i should be able to post a vid of it all working in the near future. Anyway, here are some pics of start to finish.

Look great, just one question Can you tell me why the GT logo is the wrong way round!! ???

I have a question: I'm considering investing in a Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience wheel that is PS3 compatible. I'm buying the item tomorrow and I need to know if it'll work with GT5.

Would this wheel be compatible with GT5?

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm trying to look this up.

I have an Intec Wireless PS2/PS3 Wheel (Forget the exact model number, but here is a pic)

0080492607796_215X215.jpg

This works on the GT5 Demo, so I would assume it will work on THE GT5 :indiff:
Also works on a computer, and PS2. I haven't tried it on GT3 (Don't own it) but it will work on GT4. As for computer games, it works on GTR2, LFS, and about any other online sim of the sort. Can be bought at Wal-Mart.

The EX works with GT 4, but the paddle shifters need to be reassigned to work.

Cheers,

MasterGT

I have the driving force ex for pc and when trying to play gt4 on ps2, everything, including the force feedback, works fine, except the paddle shifters. I tried to reassign them, but failed. Can you write how to do that?:)

Does the new Driving Force GT work on GT4 and the PS2? The list only mentions a Driving Force, full stop, and the pictures are out.

Does the new Driving Force GT work on GT4 and the PS2? The list only mentions a Driving Force, full stop, and the pictures are out.

Yes, it does. I know from experience. It works perfectly with both consoles, and both games (GT4 and GT5:P). However, I do not know if it works with GT3.

Yes, it does. I know from experience. It works perfectly with both consoles, and both games (GT4 and GT5:P). However, I do not know if it works with GT3.

It does. Both on PS2 and PS3.

The Fanatec wheels, on the other hand, do not work with GT3 (yet they do for GT4, although only on the PS3).

;)

Very dedicated fan. Thats a great setup.

Oh by the way I am looking for a wheel for GT5 so is the "Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Racing Wheel" will work for GT5P/GT5?

Please reply

thanks

gtone339

Do you pack it up after playing or is it used now as stationary rig? (as I remember it being foldable) Looks stable 👍

This one is set up temporarily in my bedroom, and I finally bought a Playstation 3 (catching up on GT5P) so I'll be ready for GT5 on Nov. 2nd. This one "travels" a lot--I often take it to events and parties where it gets a workout. I've set it up with an Xbox360 and Forza 3. Unfortunately, both my Xbox wireless wheels suffered broken right paddles due to a couple "drivers" who didn't realize that squeezing the shifter paddles very hard doesn't make you go faster.

Well, I noticed during the academy that pushing your heel through the G25 plastic cover doesn't make the car go any faster either!! :dopey:

Last edited:
Hia. I want to get a wheel for GT5 but I'm a cheap-a$$. Found a used Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP. Assuming the unit functions as new, does anyone know if it works with GT5:P (and GT5)?

Hia. I want to get a wheel for GT5 but I'm a cheap-a$$. Found a used Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP. Assuming the unit functions as new, does anyone know if it works with GT5:P (and GT5)?

It might, from a little research you will need to buy an adapter though as the wheel doesn't have USB but rather a gameport. Even than it still might not work as it's a rather old wheel.

Ya, maybe I'm jumping the gun here. GT5 not out till Nov gives me some time to save I suppose. But $190 vs. $25 is tempting!

Edit: after more research, and finding that the Formula GP only has something like 180 degrees of rotation, I will be staying away from it. Now saving for the DFGT!

Last edited:
I have a question: I'm considering investing in a Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience wheel that is PS3 compatible. I'm buying the item tomorrow and I need to know if it'll work with GT5.

Would this wheel be compatible with GT5?

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm trying to look this up.

In the end did you buy this? It does work with GT5, I had it for a year, now it's faulty.

It can be annoying when at the start of a race it works and when you are about to win.... It just doesn't work and you slow down, eventually coming to a stop... then finish the race last with your ps3 pad... lol

Which one of these wheels is best to use WITHOUT the foot pedals?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a wheel over the DS3 controler?

Which one of these wheels is best to use WITHOUT the foot pedals?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a wheel over the DS3 controler?

Why wouldn't you want pedals?
As for advantages & disadvantages, a wheel just feels SOO much better to drive with and if you get your turning stratagies right, you destroy your pad laptimes.

Why wouldn't you want pedals?
Take a wild guess, dude. :dopey:

As for advantages & disadvantages, a wheel just feels SOO much better to drive with and if you get your turning stratagies right, you destroy your pad laptimes.

I figured it would be faster with a wheel. Steering seems so much easier with it, but wanted to know what the trade-off was, if any. So, it's much faster and easier with a wheel?

I figured it would be faster with a wheel. Steering seems so much easier with it, but wanted to know what the trade-off was, if any. So, it's much faster and easier with a wheel?

Well it takes time to adjust (But I find that if you run loads of laps in Fuji you get used to it quicker) but then it becomes easier and faster.
What pedal set do you have?

No legs/use of?

It does depend on the game, but if it lets you remap the braking and throttle, then any wheel with buttons or paddles should be able to do as you wish.

I would figure you would be best off sticking with the DS3 in that situation.

Any wheel you did get, providing the game even lets you remap the throttle and brake to regular buttons, would have the buttons turning with the wheel. I figure it would be pretty difficult to manage a decent throttle/braking control like that.

I haven't ever tried it though, so I guess I am talking a bit out of my ass.

Well it takes time to adjust (But I find that if you run loads of laps in Fuji you get used to it quicker) but then it becomes easier and faster.
What pedal set do you have?

I don't have one, yet. Thinking of getting one. Not sure yet. I need to know what has the best throttle/brake control with the gear shift.

No legs/use of?
Yep; limited mobiltiy.

It does depend on the game, but if it lets you remap the braking and throttle, then any wheel with buttons or paddles should be able to do as you wish.

Gran Turismo 5 only. I know you can remap the buttons like mad, but I never used a wheel so I don't really know.

I was thinking of using the gear shift for throttle and brake. But, not sure what model wheel I can do that with. Also, do I have ADJUSTABLE throttle control, like moving the shifter a little bit for little bit throttle input as in motion sensitivity. Not just, "Move shifter up for full throttle. Move shifter back for full brake," sort of thing.

I would figure you would be best off sticking with the DS3 in that situation.

That's what I figure, but not sure. I need somebody with a G25 or G27 to try to use something other than the pedals for throttle and brake control.

Anybody game?

Any wheel you did get, providing the game even lets you remap the throttle and brake to regular buttons, would have the buttons turning with the wheel. I figure it would be pretty difficult to manage a decent throttle/braking control like that.

No, that doesn't make logical sense to me. But, I would believe it if that were true, though.

I haven't ever tried it though, so I guess I am talking a bit out of my ass.

Can you try it for me and see? I'd greatly appreciate it. 👍

Last edited:
I don't have one, yet. Thinking of getting one. Not sure yet. I need to know what has the best throttle/brake control with the gear shift.

Yep; limited mobiltiy.

Gran Turismo 5 only. I know you can remap the buttons like mad, but I never used a wheel so I don't really know.

I was thinking of using the gear shift for throttle and brake. But, not sure what model wheel I can do that with. Also, do I have ADJUSTABLE throttle control, like moving the shifter a little bit for little bit throttle input as in motion sensitivity. Not just, "Move shifter up for full throttle. Move shifter back for full brake," sort of thing.

That's what I figure, but not sure. I need somebody with a G25 or G27 to try to use something other than the pedals for throttle and brake control.

Anybody game?

No, that doesn't make logical sense to me. But, I would believe it if that were true, though.

Can you try it for me and see? I'd greatly appreciate it. 👍

You could try this wheel out the gas/brake are controlled by the shifter paddles. I have one never used it got it for I think $15 dollars with Dirt 2 :
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitec...on+2/9359954.p?id=1218090909270&skuId=9359954

If you would like I'll try to use it by the end of the week and let you know what it's like or someone else that has used it could jump in here and let you know. PM me if you want me to try it out I drive with a G25 wheel. This wheel has all the buttons for the PS3 on it. I'd be more than happy to help.

This brought to you from that "Crazy opelgt guy"

Back