Gran Turismo Drift League|OP UPDATED*

What Vehicle Restrictions do you prefer?

• Everything as it is now.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Specified Hp limit only. (580hp)

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Specified Weight and Power limit (550hp & 1100kg)

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The8thWonder

(Banned)
United Kingdom
Driftstep Rd.
MLD-Xerox
GTDL Rules & Regulations

Common Courtesy: Drivers, team members, organizers and related parties shall treat fans with the utmost respect. Every effort should be made to interact with fans and the media in a friendly and courteous manner.

a) In addressing “fans” and related individuals, drivers, team members, organizers and related parties shall refrain from the use of intemperate language as well as ill intended, malicious behavior and conduct.

b) Drivers shall refrain from all conduct and behavior that is deemed unnecessary when driving within course areas.

c) Under the Tsuiso competition format, each competing pair is made up of a leading (―Senko‖) and following (―Atooi‖) vehicle. Winners are determined on a two-run basis. With each run, the Atooi vehicle is judged whether superior or inferior to the Senko vehicle.

d) The judging panel shall determine any breach of rules and regulations as well as impose penalties in accordance with the GTDL Code and Regulations

e) Parties seeking to hold a GTDL Competitions (mini comp only : 8 people) must obtain Supplementary Regulations authorization from the GTDL Authority. ***ONLY MLM LEADERS AND I CAN GRANT PERMISSION***

f)Tracks must also provide a designated section that allows drivers to accelerate prior to entering point evaluation section. This section is a prerequisite that allows drivers to reach speeds appropriate for evaluation and judging.
The Judging of Drift Techniques Shall Encompass an Evaluation of the Following:
Elements
1. Run line: Drivers shall be judged on their ability to ensure a constant and undisturbed smooth curve line when passing through each specified clipping point and zone.

2. Drift angle: The drift angle shall indicate the direction angle of the vehicle in relation to the run line. Drivers shall be judged on their ability to ensure a safe cornering angle while at the same time maintaining an angle above designated requirements

3. Overall impression: Vehicles shall be judged on the extent to which they reach or exceed their potential across evaluation sections as a whole. Judging shall be based on the level dynamic, aggressive and attractive appeal.

4. TANDEM RUNS: are based on two (2) runs, in Head-to-Head format, with competitors paired up based on seeding position. The leads will be decided by Heads or Tails. The critical success factor is for the lead car to be able to run the course without error while being pressured by the following car. Passing is not encouraged during tandem battles. Passing is only allowed if the lead car fumbles, is well off line or loses drift. Passing must be executed in a safe and professional manner. A safe pass is one that is done in such a way that the car being passed does not lose any speed after the pass is complete. Passing must be done while in drift, without the interrupting the line of the car being passed and in the proper line. If a pass results in contact, the passing car may be penalized. Collisions occur during tandem battle and in the event of contact, the driver at fault will lose advantage points. Incidental contact is allowed but not encouraged. Drivers are required to complete the entire course, even if the other driver crashes, hits, spins, stalls or is not able to complete the run. Drivers are always being judged as long as they are on course. A Courtesy Roll may be placed on the starting straightaway to keep the Tandem Battles fair and close together. Tandem Scoring will be observed by the (3) judges during the head-to-head battle. There will be no declaration of scores between the two runs. At the conclusion of the head-to-head battle, each judge will individually declare a winner. Judges will select from three options:
1. Driver “A” wins
2. Driver “B” wins
3. “Tie”

g)Every person in the lobby (Includes spectators) must judge the runs ;)

Vehicle Regulations
• Only Non-Racecars allowed (No F1, GT300, GT500, LM Racecars)
• Comfort Hards Only.
• According to Polls ***Now a 580hp Limit!***
• The only drive methods allowed shall be FR, MR, RR.
• Obviously cars that are banned also include Supercars (Excludes Corvette Models, Vipers (All allowed except ACR).
• Grip will be on REAL
Options
• ***NO LONGER USED FOR TEAM BATTLES***
• MUST decide whether to use One More Time (a.k.a. OMT or ONE MOAR TIIIIMMMMEEE!) or Sudden Death.
LETS CLARFIY that a One More Time is considering they add a WHOLE new round to the battle whereas each driver will get a chance to lead again. (Same Order)
LETS CLARIFY that a Sudden Death is considering ONE run to determine the winner. This may go on to more than one Sudden Deaths (SD1, SD2, SD3)
:drool:Can't wait to see you guys on the track.
NOTE: This is just to clear up what people usually go by off of GTP because apparently people disagree with the other thread of competition protocols. Based on the Feedback i recieved from Popular drifters in the Online Drifting Community, many people seem to agree to me doing this.

Last edited:
The8thWonder
Read Carefully....

Lol it's too much for my reading skills seriously.
I feel dumb lol
Ok i have read it 5 times but still it makes no sense help.

Last edited:
Reddee
Lol it's too much for my reading skills seriously.
I feel dumb lol

Lol, those who want to hold a GTDL competition must be allowed by the original judges :P

Surely people will just want to hold there own events why would the choose to hold a GTDL event. Don't take it the wrong way 8th I'm just curious.

Reddee
Surely people will just want to hold there own events why would the choose to hold a GTDL event. Don't take it the wrong way 8th I'm just curious.

So people won't be cheated.

Good way to stop the "Oh he won because you are team voting or you don't like me so you won't vote for me or yeah you are bias".

ORPHANTHIRTY7
Good way to stop the "Oh he won because you are team voting or you don't like me so you won't vote for me or yeah you are bias".

Lol this has happened so many times to me

I know 8th was in a comp with me where is happened. I was door to door with someone and they voted against me. Later in the team chat someone said they were clearly being biased because they though we were being biased. Anyway what do you all say about so fun practice battles tomorrow night

Edit: sorry for the mistakes. My iPod is going wild with auto correct for some reason.

Eric1512
I know 8th was in a comp with me where is happened. I was door to door with someone and they voted against me. Later in the team chat someone said they were clearly being biased because they though we were being biased. Anyway what do you all say about so fun practice battles tomorrow night

Edit: sorry for the mistakes. My iPod is going wild with auto correct for some reason.

Depending on the time i'll be there :P

The8thWonder
Depending on the time i'll be there :P

Is it cool if I call the room GTDL or something? I'm sorry if I'm too involved with this, I just feel that it will improve the GT community even more.

Eric1512
Is it cool if I call the room GTDL or something? I'm sorry if I'm too involved with this, I just feel that it will improve the GT community even more.

Nothing as too involved . Room can be called "Friendly Comp GTDL"

gentleshinobi
hmmm this seems fun i'll join later on today :)

Just a set of rules if anyone decides to battle they can organize it with me. GTDL belongs to blueninjacivic and i so any one else with a lobby of GTDL is a fake :P
THIS IS NOT A COMPETITION. But people can message me if they want to host 1.

Just a set of rules if anyone decides to battle they can organize it with me. GTDL belongs to blueninjacivic and i so any one else with a lobby of GTDL is a fake :P
THIS IS NOT A COMPETITION. But people can message me if they want to host 1.

ive sent you a message on psn about this :)

Back