1.5k DEU
1.6k FRA
1.5k Japanese
516 TWI
7.4k Facebook
1.1k Playstation
*11K live viewers on Eng GT TV
Pretty impressive numbers cnosidering GT TV has only 170k subscribers
You also forget to mention drivetribe which it has 47k views right now (i don't know the number of live spectators)

Last edited:
From a driving standards perspective, Nations Cup Finals may have been the cleanest set of races I've seen. Unfortunately, the combos were prime examples of why I don't really care for using so many high powered race cars. When the skill level is that narrow, trying to overtake with all the dirty air and whatnot is overly difficult. I can see the reason why they though the Formula cars at Spa would be great; slip and slide with plenty of mistakes. That backfired in the worst possible way.

I figured @Dodge Lamb's strategy of using softs at the start wasn't going to work but it did provide plenty of great moves for us to watch. One thing that irked me is how Beauvois being pushed off at Indianapolis may have cost him the overall podium because prior race results determined the grid for the following race. That said, the penalty line at Le Mans was in such a horrendous spot. Even a .5 second penalty may have been 2+ seconds in actual lap time.

As for @TRL LIGHTNING, what else needs to be said?

Victory Operator.gif

So much pressure on you, my friend. Relief was certainly the right word. Now back to studies. :lol:

From a driving standards perspective, Nations Cup Finals may have been the cleanest set of races I've seen. Unfortunately, the combos were prime examples of why I don't really care for using so many high powered race cars. When the skill level is that narrow, trying to overtake with all the dirty air and whatnot is overly difficult. I can see the reason why they though the Formula cars at Spa would be great; slip and slide with plenty of mistakes. That backfired in the worst possible way.

I figured @Dodge Lamb's strategy of using softs at the start wasn't going to work but it did provide plenty of great moves for us to watch. One thing that irked me is how Beauvois being pushed off at Indianapolis may have cost him the overall podium because prior race results determined the grid for the following race. That said, the penalty line at Le Mans was in such a horrendous spot. Even a .5 second penalty may have been 2+ seconds in actual lap time.

As for @TRL LIGHTNING, what else needs to be said?

View attachment 868472

So much pressure on you, my friend. Relief was certainly the right word. Now back to studies. :lol:

Super Formula x Spa in the rain fail because the race was way to short, a single tire type and the fuel weren't a factor. it was basically Daily Race B. it could have been an amazing of a race if the weather system in GT Sport was dynamic. it would have introduce a gamble to the combination yeah didn't work

Sorry for the ignorance if this has been outlined elsewhere, but is there a cash prize for success in this series?

Everyone gets paid to run these world class events except for the drivers. Contrast that to F1 where the drivers are the highest paid members of the team. Sim racing is a funny low paying world.

Very strange that absentee Maestro Lewis Hamilton couldn't be bothered to show up for the final, yet Max Verstappen shows up and has nothing to do with the making of GT Sport.

Congrats to Hizal.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to imagine that Hizal won the semi-final, achieved pole position, and won all four races, thus earning 66 points, the highest possible amount of points anyone can earn.

It's too perfect that it's scary. He literally sent everybody to the Shadow Realm during the whole of the Monaco event.

Last edited:
First of all, thank you so much guys! Through out the whole weekend I was scared of myself. With scared of I mean doing a simple mistake which can cost me a chance for the victory. Even before the Qualifying has started my whole body was shaking like crazy xD. But after the Qualifying was gone all the fear was gone luckily.

Max is also a TRL driver - maybe he was there to support Mik?

Anyway, herzlichen Glückwunsch @TRL LIGHTNING , you deserved this.

Yep exactly. Dom Duhan, Atze Kerkhof and Max came here to watch the race's and support us ^^.

What an Happy End Mikail, performed perfect when it was most necessary, so deserved! What a dominat victory, without any mistake under such pressure

The point is not that you were nervous, it is that you defeated this and kept yourself focused.

Hope you will find time next year to participate. Because, well, the Manufacturer Cup should be still without a hook on your checklist... :)

First of all, thank you so much guys! Through out the whole weekend I was scared of myself. With scared of I mean doing a simple mistake which can cost me a chance for the victory. Even before the Qualifying has started my whole body was shaking like crazy xD. But after the Qualifying was gone all the fear was gone luckily.

Yep exactly. Dom Duhan, Atze Kerkhof and Max came here to watch the race's and support us ^^.

Congratulations @TRL LIGHTNING, well deserved!

I knew I was terribly poor in the X2019 so I put on softs to go for some fun passes and try to give them a show, I hope I succeeded in that xD

Other than that, I got an extremely random penalty at La Sarthe that cost me a potential 4th-5th, maybe lower but I was in that front running pack. Then, in the final on mediums and hards, I got pushed out of the way multiple times (specifically at turn 4, the start of sector 2 where running your car on the kerbs literally destroys your pace). Bizarre to me as the stewards told people to stop doing that and that people would be penalized for doing so.

Either way, I had a lot of fun. I wasn't last (although Nico had a shockingly unlucky event, he would've beat me otherwise) so I can happily say I cemented myself as someone who has the potential to race in the top field. Maybe not win, not a podium, but the ability to race in the mix. To me, that is everything. It's been a very long climb this year and I'm beyond amazed at what I've accomplished here.

Thank you everyone for your support, it's really been incredible and it allows me to keep my head up when I don't feel too great. I'm hoping and praying next year is 'The Year of Deafsun', I seriously cannot wait to see him have a shot at proving his skill.

I'd love to see @Tidgney compete in nations once again. It seems, since you left, that the lottery effect has lessened.

15 guys went 1 and out, it seems counter productive to bring people from all over the world to discard 42% of the field after they've only had a single race.

We know the game can handle a 24 car grid online so tweaking the numbers to accommodate more participants in a LAN environment shouldn't present a problem.

Great watch tonight.

Congrats to the podium and all those who took part.

Must admit to having a great deal of sympathy for TsuTsu losing out on 3rd to the driver who's reckless dive cost him points at LeMans.

Not only he missed the overall podium, but it also affected his start for the next race. It's always the same with incidents, you always wonder what it could have been without . IMO TsuTsu could even have been 2nd overall without myazono dive, but we will never know.

Congrats to @TRL LIGHTNING for the perfect driving and well derserved victory

Spa in the rain was good with the porsche RSR last event, but with the SF it was a bit boring honestly. And IMO they should have used the chicane version for Le Mans track.

Congrats. That was definitely a focussed display you gave everyone.

Congratulations man you did so good.

Being nervous is a normal thing man. Im happy you overcame it and powered yourself to victory.

*11K live viewers on Eng GT TV
Pretty impressive numbers cnosidering GT TV has only 170k subscribers
You also forget to mention drivetribe which it has 47k views right now (i don't know the number of live spectators)
PlayStation Twitch/Twitter was 5.7k live viewers for the final race.

Concurrent live viewers was over 25k. That’s not including any affiliate sites that where streaming live, ie Drivetribe.

Last year the total was nearer 10k. PD gave out a total viewership figure of around 5m with catch-up numbers. So they’ll be looking at 10m+ this time around.

Everyone gets paid to run these world class events except for the drivers. Contrast that to F1 where the drivers are the highest paid members of the team. Sim racing is a funny low paying world.
Most F1 drivers pay for their seat via sponsorship. Of which they’ll take a cut for their salary.

It’s why many single-seater drivers, particularly if not in F1 or Indycar, take a paid seat with a manufacturer in sportscars.

Last edited:
@TRL LIGHTNING I was wondering about the Motion trophy. Do you get to keep it or is it handed on to the next winner?

I'm hoping and praying next year is 'The Year of Deafsun', I seriously cannot wait to see him have a shot at proving his skill.

He can't be that unlucky at every event so his day will come. It has to.

On my way back home from Monaco. The Jaguar podium dream is dead.

Things actually started well. @Jomas put us on the top 6 but for super pole we knew we couldn't beat anyone in Gardens top 6 on pure pace but crazy things sometimes happen. My 2 laps were OK, both were 5 milliseconds away from each other, I still had a couple of tenths on the second hot lap but if I nailed the lap would still finish 6th.

We started race 1 in 6th, gained one more on the first turn but after that it was all about trying to not lose as much positions as possible. In the end we finished 9th, got a bit unlucky with traffic.

For Laguna our gr4 car was decent there but still almost a second a lap slower than the Alfa and Toyota. We started on hards but we kept fighting with Porsche on stint one which made us lose a lot of time. Went to the mediums and unfortunately got massively blocked by the Hyundai with hards right after we pitted which made the Porsche catch us both and then they had the very intelligent idea of going 3 wide on the corkscrew and since we were on the outside we got the worse of it. Lost almost 10 seconds on that incident and finished 9th again.

Tokyo was our best track by far, but we were already out of contention really so we decided to be more aggressive on the race. We started on hards and kept with the leaders on mediums by using a bit more of fuel. Then pitted for mediums and we went up to second. We kept trying to save and keep second but of course the guys behind with the whole slipstream would always save more, also the Jag is really average on fuel efficiency. In the end we finished 7th after having to put more fuel than the other cars and had some contacts on the last stint.

Finished 9th overall which was our worst result of the season. Very frustrating to have that on the most important venue but it is what it is.

Congratulations to Toyota, Mercedes and mainly Alfa for their podium. Well deserved.

Also huge congrats to @TRL LIGHTNING by the dominant Nations title. What a performance. I really hope you can make next year's championship.

Also congratulations @TRL LIGHTNING, perfect drive and absolutely deserved victory! :bowdown:

I know this feeling when your whole body is shaking and you keep telling yourself over and over again "don't mess it up!", from my GT Academy Final in 2010 around the Nordschleife. It´s totally unreal when you press the throttle with like 10 times the power needed just to stop your leg shaking. :lol:

Fantastic drive and also a good show from all other participants on the whole weekend! :cheers:

Last edited:
Back