Gran Turismo Gentlemans Cup (GTGC) | FINISHED! (for now...) Thanks to everyone who joined in!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 1,261 comments
I'm pumped for the race guys. Haven't had a good long race in a while. Only problem I have is I don't have a pit strat and that worries me but it seems I can get like 25 laps out before it's a problem

Fuel will not be a problem for these cars, it's how long you can stand to stay on your set of tires. If you car's decent on tires, you can go past 30 minutes on a set.

Fuel will not be a problem for these cars, it's how long you can stand to stay on your set of tires. If you car's decent on tires, you can go past 30 minutes on a set.
The viper turns like a boat so I may be in trouble there lol

also I just home, so if anybody wants ill have a quick lobby open for some practice before the actual race in the club room

Great fun and good clean racing,
but something strange happened in the second race, after overtaking flip, I was in the first position, then overtook draqua, and after some time draqua overtake me, the whole time I was in the first place, but when I crossed the finish line on the scoreboard I was second, second place is very good, but it was very strange for me:confused::confused::confused: .
Great race Draqua:tup:👍👍

but something strange happened in the second race, after overtaking flip, I was in the first position, then overtook draqua, and after some time draqua overtake me, the whole time I was in the first place, but when I crossed the finish line on the scoreboard I was second, second place is very good, but it was very strange for me:confused::confused::confused: .
I saw the same thing....thought you were first...nice drive everyone except Miata :lol:

It actually looked okay on my screen. I saw when the pass was made for the lead on mine. Not sure why it did that. :boggled:

It was fine for me as well, I was pushing so hard to keep up with that vette making sure I didn't fall off or wreck, and then suddenly you let me by and I was like "uh ok" I pulled a small gap and won, which is great for me bit idk if you were being cautious so you weren't putting in really fast lap times. Good race! Everybody!

Additionally I think some Balance of performance is needed. The vette is just too quick and the viper was also a bit on the quick side easily could be a half to three quarters of a second faster in some areas. It could however have been the track as I do know willow very well (one of my favorites and a regular tuning track for me) and having the high HP got me by in the high speed corners and straights. It bay be a different story at Suzuka, my tires were at 6s and 5s when I hit the pits at halfway on willow, Suzuka eats tires much harder than willow

Additionally I think some Balance of performance is needed. The vette is just too quick and the viper was also a bit on the quick side easily could be a half to three quarters of a second faster in some areas. It could however have been the track as I do know willow very well (one of my favorites and a regular tuning track for me) and having the high HP got me by in the high speed corners and straights. It bay be a different story at Suzuka, my tires were at 6s and 5s when I hit the pits at halfway on willow, Suzuka eats tires much harder than willow

I understand the concerns, but I am tempted to leave the BOP as is for Suzuka. That configuration of Willow is a horsepower track, it's extremely fast with a lot of high speed corners and straights. Suzuka is very much a different beast, and should reward a better handling car more than an outright more powerful car. December is a month of figuring this stuff out, and I don't want to jump to anything based on one event. (Except for driving standards. That's different.)

My Aston ate its front tires before the main course came, as well. Which means I'm slightly worried for next week... :nervous:

I understand the concerns, but I am tempted to leave the BOP as is for Suzuka. That configuration of Willow is a horsepower track, it's extremely fast with a lot of high speed corners and straights. Suzuka is very much a different beast, and should reward a better handling car more than an outright more powerful car. December is a month of figuring this stuff out, and I don't want to jump to anything based on one event. (Except for driving standards. That's different.)

My Aston ate its front tires before the main course came, as well. Which means I'm slightly worried for next week... :nervous:
Yeah I have to run a pretty aggressive camber angle to keep it on the track, I'll start testing at Suzuka over the weekend see what times I'm getting.

On the BOP, ares was gaining on me in the corners.. I had the power on the straights, the vette drive on rails lol

It was fine for me as well, I was pushing so hard to keep up with that vette making sure I didn't fall off or wreck, and then suddenly you let me by and I was like "uh ok" I pulled a small gap and won, which is great for me bit idk if you were being cautious so you weren't putting in really fast lap times. Good race! Everybody!
Yes it's true I let you, because I was sure that you have one lap back when you drove straight with a flip at the moment as I reached for the two of you, I was in second place, I overtook flip, jumped to first place, and so I got to the finish and ended up in second place, strange but I will not lamented because of this, suzuka before us a great track in the new version.

I saw the same thing....thought you were first...nice drive everyone except Miata :lol:
I saw your driver door needed a little rearranging and thought while I was at it you could use a good sandblasting on your passenger side ;)

On the matter of BOP, the next race will show a lot of the short comings of each car. It will be a better place to show what needs to be adjusted.

We had a few issues last night with lagcidents occurring along with ghost positions. This occurred at Apricot Hill during the GTTCC. Next week should be better.

A note to new guys...and old guys who may have forgotten.....if you are being lapped stay on your line or get your fanny rearranged....also if you are going to lift...TELL the following driver....and last...the next guy who falls off and causes people to alter their line or lift really ought to be penalized.

We all want to win..oh...and just because you are a lap up....do not expect the driver you are trying to lap to help you...he may be on a different strategy. I took some pix and will post soon. Fun racing last night...what the H happened to the rest of the guys??

Hello, Im Ebojager the last place driver from last night :) Thank you all for the help and tips. I finally got my gtplanet account back, was using a very old email. I cant believe I started it back in 2006. Anyway yes that was some very clean racing. Im not no expert of course thats why Im last but I sure was impressed how well everyone did. It was an enjoyable experience indeed. I cant wait to rewatch the replays. That 1 hour race was the longest I've done in one sitting in along time.
Here is a quick photo from Thursday, Im in the Yellow Mustang.

Attachments

• Willow Springs International Raceway - 12-4-2014-1.jpg
    Willow Springs International Raceway - 12-4-2014-1.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 6
So is this series different from the GTP Weekly Race Series Online Events ? There is so much information on this site Im getting lost. Am I suppose to be in some database in order to participate in these and other races? I did just send in the Google Docs, form. But haven't uploaded any ghost lap. Can I continue to participate in the Gentlemen's cup?

So is this series different from the GTP Weekly Race Series Online Events ? There is so much information on this site Im getting lost. Am I suppose to be in some database in order to participate in these and other races? I did just send in the Google Docs, form. But haven't uploaded any ghost lap. Can I continue to participate in the Gentlemen's cup?

Yeah, there's a lot going on over here, that's for sure! You are welcome to continue racing with us. There is no database for anything that I run, I keep track of everything within the forums.

In other news, I've posted a few pics from Willow in the game's photo stream thing. I hope the link works. If not, I'll manually upload them here tomorrow.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/mypage/photo/

Side note: @Kgffy I need a number on that Camaro for next week. Thanks!
I also have a few on mine if you wanna check those out!! but really check those out lol

here is my photography class from college kicking in again https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/mypage/photo/sFVj27TvWSjTkrgbK/

Last edited:
In other news, I've posted a few pics from Willow in the game's photo stream thing. I hope the link works. If not, I'll manually upload them here tomorrow.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/mypage/photo/

Side note: @Kgffy I need a number on that Camaro for next week. Thanks!

I also have a few on mine if you wanna check those out!! but really check those out lol

here is my photography class from college kicking in again https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/mypage/photo/sFVj27TvWSjTkrgbK/

Both those photo streams are looking good. :-) I'll have a few up on share in a little bit ;-)

Morning everyone! Planning for the month ahead, and I just wanted to ask a quick question:

This year... or maybe next year... New Year's Day lands on a Thursday. But I'll be around, so if most of you guys are as well, we'll run on New Year's Day. May even make it a special event if we can get enough people to run it.

So let me know if you can make it that week.

Morning everyone! Planning for the month ahead, and I just wanted to ask a quick question:

This year... or maybe next year... New Year's Day lands on a Thursday. But I'll be around, so if most of you guys are as well, we'll run on New Year's Day. May even make it a special event if we can get enough people to run it.

So let me know if you can make it that week.
I probably can't do a newyears race. I'll be out of town at the family's cabin in northern min with some family friends. No Internet lol.

Back