Gran Turismo Gentlemans Cup (GTGC) | FINISHED! (for now...) Thanks to everyone who joined in!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 1,261 comments
I am not a fan of the Nurb in general, but last night was a great race. Awesome win Flip, I was a little heartbroken over the fact you and Socal were so close throughout the race to see once I finished Socal dropped off :-(.

Although it was an intense battle up front, I thought there was going to be a lot of solo driving this race in the middle which completely caught me by surprise last night. From last place to 3rd place we all had a shot to take 3rd place. The BMW did not have the top end needed for the long straights but once we got onto the circuit of Nurb it was catch up time. Definitely another great race this week :-)

Back to circuit racing next week :-)

I will have points updates in a little bit, but wanted to post something important.

I got my dates confused. I will not be in town next week, but I will the following. So both rounds and Motegi and Bathurst will be pushed back one week now. So no race from me next week. (Anything you guys do is totally up to you.) The calender has been updated to reflect this.

Second update: After analysis of the first two rounds and how things have gone, the Mazda will be relieved 20 kg from its penalty at the beginning of the month (now moving it to +40 from 1150.).

Other notes: Socal and I were under 2 seconds apart at the pit stop, I was looking forward to the fight.

And I will make a note to check and make sure everyone is in the room before we qualify. That is poor officiating on my part.

@Rob Ledwell I think I might have a problem with my internet connection. I live on a hill. But my PS3 is wi-fied to my modem???? I'm not so sure. I payed for fiber optics though. Need it for the company.
It is being hooked up through WiFi that will be causing the issue. If you have anyway of using a wired connection you'll find your connection will be 100% better.

congrats to Flip on the win.:bowdown: I really think that Nurb24 is a good track for us to race if its not a 6,12 or 24 hour event due to the change in quali and race specifics. That being said it was fun trying to keep pace with Flip. After the pit I lost time and tried to push too hard to get back too him. His pace was very consistant. Not a lot of strategy choices so pitting with Flip was the only option. The car also behaved totally different on light fuel and new tires which caught me off guard. Lastly the lack of damage meant a mistake did not really effect your race much and totally changed the race dynamics. All in all with the max weight and hp loss I feel like I have a good handle on the Civic tune and look forward to the next race from home!

Cheers

:cheers:

congrats to Flip on the win.:bowdown: I really think that Nurb24 is a good track for us to race if its not a 6,12 or 24 hour event due to the change in quali and race specifics. That being said it was fun trying to keep pace with Flip. After the pit I lost time and tried to push too hard to get back too him. His pace was very consistant. Not a lot of strategy choices so pitting with Flip was the only option. The car also behaved totally different on light fuel and new tires which caught me off guard. Lastly the lack of damage meant a mistake did not really effect your race much and totally changed the race dynamics. All in all with the max weight and hp loss I feel like I have a good handle on the Civic tune and look forward to the next race from home!

Cheers

Yeah, cold tires are something you need to worry about for about a lap or two at most tracks. The Ring will make a return at some point, not sure when yet.

Well guys, got a huge deal on a PS4 this past weekend so I had to jump on it. Then of course I had to purchase Project Cars. The problem is my fanatec wheel is not fully operating with the game yet.

The game looks amazing, but still have only done 1 lap and with the DC controller that has not been properly configured it was tough. I will be upgrading the firmware on my wheel this week to see if it fixes some of the issues until the first patch comes out. I just hope once I upgrade my firmware it will not render my wheel useless for GT6...

Well guys, got a huge deal on a PS4 this past weekend so I had to jump on it. Then of course I had to purchase Project Cars. The problem is my fanatec wheel is not fully operating with the game yet.

The game looks amazing, but still have only done 1 lap and with the DC controller that has not been properly configured it was tough. I will be upgrading the firmware on my wheel this week to see if it fixes some of the issues until the first patch comes out. I just hope once I upgrade my firmware it will not render my wheel useless for GT6...
I've had it for pc for a couple of weeks, Not a bad game so far, quite a few bugs though

14 hour car ride across 1/4th of the country. Need a GT refresher tonight...
Wish I could join, but covering for a bartender tonight. Also had an overdose of GT this weekend. Would love to do the Nurb again. Think I got extremely faster there after this weekend :-)

Wish I could join, but covering for a bartender tonight. Also had an overdose of GT this weekend. Would love to do the Nurb again. Think I got extremely faster there after this weekend :-)

Looking ahead to Motegi now. But I think we'll return to the Ring in the summer.

the practice last night was very interesting. the civic does not like to be in dirty air :banghead: and I was trying to figure out what it needed so it would be under control in the race. did not mean to be so aggressive Flip & Rizo. its on thursday!!

Two races left for TC1! Motegi tonight, Bathurst next week. Will be fun!

Just remember to check ballast weights before getting on. And a reminder to Mazda drivers (@Kgffy) that was mentioned in Post #1210 (scroll up the page a little) that the ballast on the car is now +40, not +60.

See you guys tonight!

Back