Gran Turismo Gentlemans Cup (GTGC) | FINISHED! (for now...) Thanks to everyone who joined in!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 1,261 comments
Funny story... i had to upgrade the firmware on my Fanatec in order to run Pcars on the PS4. Now coming back to GT6 on PS3, my wheel feels like it has no resistance at all. I just did a few laps with 2 fingers on the wheel.... hopefully I can get this sorted before the race, if not then oh well lol

Funny story... i had to upgrade the firmware on my Fanatec in order to run Pcars on the PS4. Now coming back to GT6 on PS3, my wheel feels like it has no resistance at all. I just did a few laps with 2 fingers on the wheel.... hopefully I can get this sorted before the race, if not then oh well lol

That's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see how it pays off! :D

well I watched the last half of last nights race and I would have never imagined it would be better than brands hatch. my hats off to Somebody! :bowdown: battling you for the last 25 minutes is beyond what I could have ever hoped for while participating in a race series. Bathurst will be very interesting. :dopey:

Great race last night. Great racing Socal, I finally made the move on you but wasn't able to save it unfortunately, just accelerated a little too soon and not be able to recover from it.

Now onto the bad news, I will not be racing next week :-(. Work scheduled me for Thursday night. We are down 2 bartenders for the next 2 weeks which could not have come at a worse time for the series.

Another note, I think everyone in this league needs to make the crossover to Project cars too. Even though the game has its issues, after racing GT6 last night it felt like an actual video game to me. It actually has everything we want that GT6 can't offer. The way the car reacts is world's different but the same as GT6. In the wheel once you set it up which will take a day minimum for each car, makes world's of difference. Plus there are no power or weight adders so you do not have to put a ton of effort into BOP.

Not that anyone has to, but this is my suggestion after racing with everyone for over a year now. I feel lonely in Pcars without each and everyone that Flip brought together in GT6

Last edited:
As much as I'd like to consider a move to P Cars, a PS4 is not in the cards right now. I pretty much only play GT6 and a small amount of other games, so this is my main focus. And rather surprisingly, there's still life in this game. (SRT just teased their VGT today, a year and a half after release). So until Polyphony begins to tease GT7, which odds are will be on the PS4, I'll be here.

Last edited:
As much as I'd like to consider a move to P Cars, a PS4 is not in the cards right now. I pretty much only play GT6 and a small amount of other games, so this is my main focus. And rather surprisingly, there's still life in this game. (SRT just teased their VGT today, a year and a half after release). So until Polyphony begins to tease GT7, which odds are will be on the PS4, I'll be here.
Yeah I figured that... it was a weird alignment of the universe that brought me to Pcars. Never straying from the GT series since 1997/98. Not to knock it at all, but I have to say a new world has opened up to me that I never knew existed.

It is killing me about next week, but that is life. I will try to get it covered just to race, but I can't promise anything... :-(

hope you can make the next race Sombody. I was just getting used to the Bavarian boys. what is this Pcars you speak of? it seems to be on ps4 and I had not planned to get one until gt7 releases. I'll do some research on it. until then yes as a new comer I hope you stay but will understand either way. I'm just glad to have found a US based league with true gentlemen drivers! thanks for letting me participated and being accepted.

brought my ps3 with me but this hotel in Houston is having some issues with the wifi. hope I can get it sorted so I can join tonight. i'll be back in Cali for sure Thursday!!

on another note I would like to submit my single car team for team competition. "Moonshine Motorsports" :dopey:

:banghead:

Attachments

• moonshine motosports.jpg
    moonshine motosports.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 8
and the winner for the most bonehead move of the year is Me!!!!:banghead: I'm so sorry Ares. I have no clue how I got into reverse at the beginning of the sprint race however I must have hit the button looking at the strange grid configuration. I penalized my self for that one.

Next my race strategist cost me the race as my last pit was to cover myself for the last part of the race. Not knowing that 2NR would be so quick and my pace was off once night fell. but again even a evening that does not go so well is good times with you guys!!

Congrats to 2NR! :bowdown: And lets get this GT3 started!!!

I just had a near PC explosion scare, so that delayed this message. Always fun...

I have no idea how we were able to keep this thing going for 6 months straight (I count December preseason), but somehow we were. I honestly can't thank everyone enough for supporting the series and finding the time to race week in and week out. I had a great time with this one!

I'm going to move forward with Season II of the Global Sports Car Championship, and I may have a fun surprise lined up for this series in the fall. But I have a feeling that I will not be hosting full on series of this length in the future with no breaks like we just did. I would like to get into some single day events, as well.

I look forward to racing with everyone in the near future! I'll be in touch with everyone as we move forward.

Thank you all once again. It truly does mean a lot. :cheers:

:gtpflag:

@flip55 for president! Awesome series with awesome people! Really glad I made the decision to join the group, almost bypassed it... Then I saw the drivers list and saw a couple long time (loooooong time) old pals and decided to try it out and met some of the nicest and fiercest racers on GT6. I look forward to racing with everyone in the future! Cheers!

Flip I cant thank you enough for putting in the effort it takes to keep something like this running. my participation is nothing compared to the effort you put in!! also I have to thank you all as a group for accepting me in and not focusing on my faults which are many. I have learned more in the past few weeks about tuning and race skill than any other time in the past dealing with GT. I look forward to the GSCC and racing with you all again. My job is very stressful and joining this group has helped to relax me. I really don't understand why there is not a full grid every week and plan on putting in more effort to recruit more gentlemen racers as time permits.
Once again Flip fantastic!!!!! :bowdown:

first, sorry for my recent "disappearance" had to handle a few things on the family side, but @flip55, you're a legend and probably host some of the best racing on the Gran Turismo platform, been running with ya since GT5 and it keeps getting better, mad props to you.

Don't count me out for the next season though, ill be back and better than ever :lol:

I've had a blast racing with you guys and look forward to more in the future. I feel pretty fortunate to have found a great series and great group to run with and learn from, like it's not always about single lap time but being clean and consistent. Still working on the consistent part. Thanks @flip55

I was looking at some posts and saw banned below some of the names. what have they done to be banned from gtplanet? :boggled:
Sometimes if they post links to outside websites GTplanet kinda auto bans for spam, it's happened to me before, last year I posted a link to a website and got banned on the spot lol.. other reasons would be the person was being rather rude towards some people, or just being a troll.

Back