Gran Turismo Gentlemans Cup (GTGC) | FINISHED! (for now...) Thanks to everyone who joined in!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 1,261 comments
Congrats Vel :-) good race. The DC issue sucked for our field and results would have been different with KG and Flip had they not got DCed.

That was a crazy last few laps for me, had I not lost attention earlier during 2 race incidents resulting in damage this would have been better result wise for me, but I would not change the result one bit after chasing down Socal and having one of the most exciting last laps ever :-). I can't wait to go review those last laps. I should have been a little more patient and not so aggressive, but my adrenaline was pumping there ;-)

wait I thought Ares won. I did not see 2NR after a while. Well congrats 2NR and Ares for second! connection was crazy I had a lag and almost did not make it into the main race. watching KG's car looked like it was possessed.

my race recaps: sprint race use tune A Tune when it was suppose to be B tune.:banghead: main race had much better pace but still not what I was hoping for. scraped with Rizo for a while but could just not get my rhythm. after my pit in which I added fuel accidentally :banghead: I finally found a decent rhythm until trying to let Ghost pass.:banghead: I definitely screwed that up sorry. last few laps tire wear started to be an issue finally ending with the last lap battle with Somebody. that was epic for me as we went wheel to wheel for most of the lap. the last corner bump was not a big deal to me be thanks for being a gentleman about it. my adrenaline was off the chart too and I was out of breath. good racing Somebody!!!

:gtpflag:

I am excited for the Nurburgring this weekend! Unfortunately, the length of the track means that one or two things has to change.

1. Qualifying will still be 12 minutes. However, we will not start from the pit lane. Everyone will have their own track and will start from the final corner. Everyone will have one lap to set a time. And trust me, 12 minutes is more than long enough to get a time in (laps times are somewhere between 8:30 and 9:00 minutes).
2. So thanks to the way Gran Turismo works, you can't set a room to have one race distance determined by a lap number, and the second race determined by time. No, I don't know why. What this means is that Race 1 will be set to be 15 minutes long, to ensure that the first race doesn't go too long over 20 minutes. It will basically be a two lap race. However, the Main Race will still be set to 60 minutes, so that could go over by a few minutes.
3. Damage. I've been thinking about setting damage to light just for this race. Because getting damage at turn 1, lap 1 here would suck. Really, really suck. Let me know what you guys think about that one.

Other than that, it will be service as usual. Practice night tomorrow and possible Wednesday.

I am excited for the Nurburgring this weekend! Unfortunately, the length of the track means that one or two things has to change.

1. Qualifying will still be 12 minutes. However, we will not start from the pit lane. Everyone will have their own track and will start from the final corner. Everyone will have one lap to set a time. And trust me, 12 minutes is more than long enough to get a time in (laps times are somewhere between 8:30 and 9:00 minutes).
2. So thanks to the way Gran Turismo works, you can't set a room to have one race distance determined by a lap number, and the second race determined by time. No, I don't know why. What this means is that Race 1 will be set to be 15 minutes long, to ensure that the first race doesn't go too long over 20 minutes. It will basically be a two lap race. However, the Main Race will still be set to 60 minutes, so that could go over by a few minutes.
3. Damage. I've been thinking about setting damage to light just for this race. Because getting damage at turn 1, lap 1 here would suck. Really, really suck. Let me know what you guys think about that one.

Other than that, it will be service as usual. Practice night tomorrow and possible Wednesday.
I'm excited too! But it's gonna feel weird getting back onto GT6 after having the very floaty physics of Pcars to distract me for the weekend. That being said, I'm still not sure about pcars and if it's good or not yet.

i agree that damage on this track would be a bummer!! but that said it is what is is and car control is a bench mark of the skills we have and are trying to accomplish. i believer the goal of your series is to get close to real racing and damage is a part of that. i'm for heavy damage however unnecessary contact that causes damage should be penalized. we all know the consequences of damage at this track.

on another note did any watch Blancpain gt3 racing on CBSsports over the weekend. they showed the BrandsHatch event!!

The plan isn't to eliminate damage all together, there should be some sort of penalty for bouncing off a wall to keep your car on track, for instance. This will just be a one time deal whenever we use this giant layout.

Sorry guys, but I will not be able to take part at the Nürburgring, a few of my buddies has free and two is on sick leave and I have to take two shifts.

Sorry guys, but I will not be able to take part at the Nürburgring, a few of my buddies has free and two is on sick leave and I have to take two shifts.

:( Sorry to hear mate. Thank you for the heads up.

Practice room for the Nurburgring is up!

Event finished! See everyone Thursday!

Last edited:
Great lap @flip55 , I only managed to get in 1 flying lap in and it was 20 seconds slower. I was a bit cautious, but I guess I need to play with gearing and remove some DF, was running full in the rear. My top speed was 150 mph. Should be fun Thursday, hope I remember the proper layout. I have been practicing a lot on the Type V track for an upcoming endurance race.

So apparently, not only is the WTCC race at the Nurburgring this weekend, but it's also the weekend of the Nurburgring 24, if I'm not mistaken!

Then there's our weird, little event. Everything should go as usual tonight!

So apparently, not only is the WTCC race at the Nurburgring this weekend, but it's also the weekend of the Nurburgring 24, if I'm not mistaken!

Then there's our weird, little event. Everything should go as usual tonight!
Weird as usual :-). Just gotta say go Bolts!!! It is bitter about the bolts though. The longer the Rangers stay in the playoffs the better my bar business is, but having the Bolts beat the Rangers gives me a lot of crap talk I can give to all the Ranger fans that come into my bar which all season long I have been talking smack to them :-/...

But yeah racing tonight.... yay :-)

Looks like KG turned Japanese according to the results ;-)

20150515_015521.jpg

Fun race last night. I DC'd after the results screen. I could see SoCal in the main race, but it just showed him stationary in the middle of turn 1 every lap. I'm guessing that wasn't real. Good race all, @flip55 you were awesome, fun battles with every one else, sorry about your DC @WanganGhost

Latest Posts

Back