Gran Turismo HD officially canned - Next stop is GT5

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,127 comments
You just said ...
They're Japspec ones

EDIT: But I've just realised you wern't referring to the games ;).

Besides that, does this not catch you? The product is listed with a dummy price - your credit card is NOT charged. There will be no set indicator of a retial price that you can trunst until the PS3 is almost here, different stores and shops will set prices differently but they will likely be higher until near to launch. It was exactley the same with the XB360 mate, before that was out I was seeing games in some shops priced at £60, I kid you not. That didn't mean that the game was going to sell at £60 because once the game came out it cost £40 (or £50 if you got yourself ripped off on day 1), it will be no different with the PS3.

this may have been said before, but i just noticed that the menu music was very nice, better than before if you ask me! anyone agree?

EDIT: sry for double post..

the GTHD press conference video at gran-turismo.com/jp

It's the same sort of music as in GT4 but i think its better sound and more 'relaxed' music..

Region free, That's like getting a "Ligitimate" Chipped PS3, If true, It will be worth every penny and will beat out other consoles even more!!!

PS3 is gonna be region free....?

The PS3 will be region free. The games (and probably movies) should be region free as well since there will be no region locking on the console itself. So you can get that Japan (or any other country you wish) only game or movie if you want.....you just have to pay to import them.

Guys, please stop using this thread as an IRC.

It just contributes to make this thread even larger than it is right now.
Ok, 2 or 3 posts shall be no problem. But you are all posting single lines after single lines.

Go chat on IRC, then.

This is a long thread? Nah. Far from it, I've been in several threads in three figures. There's nothing really wrong with the discussion that I can see, other than if it's off topic.

This is a long thread? Nah. Far from it, I've been in several threads in three figures. There's nothing really wrong with the discussion that I can see, other than if it's off topic.

Read what I wrote.

A "long" thread. Not "the longest".

Statistically, and the administrators can confirm that, the average thread length is way below the length of this one. There's a just few sparse threads that reach this amount of posts.

So, logically, I consider this to be a long thread, compared to the other 90% of existent threads with 1 or 2 pages.

About the discussion, it would be really off-topic if I went and started to propose horses in GT5. That, in my opinion, is off topic. I prefer to consider this a meta topic discussion.

Also, I did not said that it was anything wrong with the discussion. I said that you was adopting an IRC-behavior for too long time.

There's nothing really wrong with the discussion that I can see, other than if it's off topic.
well.. to discuss if Playstation 3 is region free or not seems pretty off topic to me! :dunce: this is the Gran Turismo HD forum, not Playstation 3.

The PS3 will be region free. The games (and probably movies) should be region free as well since there will be no region locking on the console itself. So you can get that Japan (or any other country you wish) only game or movie if you want.....you just have to pay to import them.

No, movies will have region restrictions. But, games wont.

No, movies will have region restrictions. But, games wont.

I stand mostly corrected. Games will be region free and movies won't be with one exception.....

apparently, US and Japan Blu-Ray movie releases will share the same region. From what I've read, North America, South America, and Asia (except China) will be listed as region 1.

Guys, please stop using this thread as an IRC.

It just contributes to make this thread even larger than it is right now.
Ok, 2 or 3 posts shall be no problem. But you are all posting single lines after single lines.

Go chat on IRC, then.

It's not necessarily a bad thing....what else are we all going to do....talk more about how everyone doesn't like microtransactions? There are countless pages and repetition about that..........and the people that become new to the discussion, just repeat it....but now that most everyone knows about GTHD thus far....there's nothing more to do than wait for some juicy new info :D

Damage isn't going to be with the game to start with. If we get it at all it'll be an online update. That means it's not done yet if we're getting it. So hold on tight, you may start to see it in late 2007. Probably only with race cars (at least to start with) to cut down on the legal aspects...

On that picture on Gran Turismo HD Japan website p37a.jpg look at the right rear tire I see either an texture issue or a 3D model issue. The Wheel and Rim section is see thru.

Here is a stupid question that I may as well ask here:

How much of this downloadable content will be available to those of us who live over fifteen miles from anywhere that even has a chance of getting broadband? I can't even dial in at 56K due to the poor state of our antique phone switching system. Forget about the cost; will I be even be technically able to enjoy this game despite being hobbled by a dialup connection that maxes out at 26.4K/sec?

Latest Posts

Back