Gran Turismo HD officially canned - Next stop is GT5

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,127 comments
Duċk;2426116
Dude, we have RUF. At least Ferrari is going to be in it.

Ruf can go damn, how about the Porsche GT1 and the Porsche 935 ''Moby Dick'' and the Porsche 936 and the......Iam talking about Porsche LeMans racecars. I dont care about the 911.

hmm, what is this supposed to mean?

sc03-01.jpg

sc03-05.jpg

i may be wrong though:guilty:

The PS3 controller is little more than a PS2 controller with an unplugable lead?

or the fact that whoever mocked-up that GT HD cover artwork didn't measure the box first?

Few more images to end the working week.

Few from conference - clearly showing sqaure-rationed game box, Ferarri and all 4500 downloadables for GTHDokemon, GT Shop interface (Flood with Quality and Quantity Items - funny guys there in marketing, yeah?) and one Ferarri Hi-Res (Full press-pack in awaiting).

Attachments

• gthd03.jpg
    gthd03.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 193
  • gthd04.jpg
    gthd04.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 194
  • gthd05.jpg
    gthd05.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 211
  • gthd06.jpg
    gthd06.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 163
  • gthd11.jpg
    gthd11.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 206
It's because there's no background scenery to hide the fact that no computer graphics look like real life. Stick that car model into a fully modelled scene and it will look fine.

1Up is saying:

"After their TGS keynote, Sony released an updated fact sheet for Gran Turismo HD, which confirms they're really, really aggressively pursuing online microtransactions (or is that consumables?) -- and, unfortunately for gamers, the rumor isn't far off."

1Up GTHD show comment

Cheers,

MasterGT

Impressive...
After seeing these images, i've totally calmed down. It's like anesthesia.
I want to buy it. Now....

Can I sell my belly button? I dont need it anymore.

What to say. Start saving.

If I can find one thing that I like about the european delay it is probably the fact that we'll be more informed about what to buy and what not when game finally crosses ocean with PS3.

I couldn't have asked for anymore. It's almost like the PD gods heard everything we've been saying for years now, and decided to put it all into one.

THANK YOU PD!!

amaizng, after all GT4 will have a cockpit view....thats the most amazing thing...at least for me :D

very good infos!!! keep us up to date :)

Can't say I've seen anything making me want to buy a PS3 yet. I mean its cool GT5 supposedly having weather, online play and what not... But this is stuff that should have been in GT4 (or earlier). I won't believe damage in GT until I see it.

People saying 'You only need 30 cars and what not' is a bit daft really, one of the main appeals of GT is having the choice. Whilst downloading cars you want can be seen as choice, its also a blatent rip off. If for whatever reason I want to drive a Daihatsu Midget I shouldn't have to whip out my debit card and place an order :| just to see how fast I can crash it into a wall.

Seems like Sony and PD are as big headed as usual :crazy: Wonder if they'll ever manage to make the game so its not sleep-inducing.

Now i dont mean to be the party pooper but i think that everybody is forgetting something. Isnt GTHD still going to be based on GT4 just in HD mode with a few goodies thrown in for good measure like Ferrari.

I was terribly excited this morning when i heard the Ferrari in GT news and this holds great promise for GT5 but not GTHD. Sure we can all race around the nurb ring in a nice F430 or similar but the track, physics, the way the car feels will all be similar to GT4....wont it?

I think alot of people are getting caught up in the ferrari hype. I know i was but it wasnt untill i saw a clip of an Mitsubishi Evo being driven at the nurburgring in GTHD that i realised we are all hving the wool pulled over our eyes. As for all the high res images.....well they are just high res images and the in game cars will still be on a similar graphical level as GT4.

When the new improved GT5 comes out and ferrari are in it then im sure it will be everything we all wanted, but untill the next "whole" installment into the GT series is released i think we should all take a step back for a moment and actually realise what we are getting here and so far it looks awfully like GT4 repackaged with what we should have got in the first place.

Dont get me wrong though, im looking forward to GTHD as much as the next person but is it really going to bring that much more to the table?

Spec...

Now i dont mean to be the party pooper but i think that everybody is forgetting something. Isnt GTHD still going to be based on GT4 just in HD mode with a few goodies thrown in for good measure like Ferrari.

I was terribly excited this morning when i heard the Ferrari in GT news and this holds great promise for GT5 but not GTHD. Sure we can all race around the nurb ring in a nice F430 or similar but the track, physics, the way the car feels will all be similar to GT4....wont it?

I think alot of people are getting caught up in the ferrari hype. I know i was but it wasnt untill i saw a clip of an Mitsubishi Evo being driven at the nurburgring in GTHD that i realised we are all hving the wool pulled over our eyes. As for all the high res images.....well they are just high res images and the in game cars will still be on a similar graphical level as GT4.

When the new improved GT5 comes out and ferrari are in it then im sure it will be everything we all wanted, but untill the next "whole" installment into the GT series is released i think we should all take a step back for a moment and actually realise what we are getting here and so far it looks awfully like GT4 repackaged with what we should have got in the first place.

Dont get me wrong though, im looking forward to GTHD as much as the next person but is it really going to bring that much more to the table?

Spec...

Yeah that's basically what it is, except GTHD Premium is a prologue to GT5 with full graphics power of the PS3 thus far....and the graphics will be better than GTHD Classic. Either way, it's not a full game, but thus a GT4 addon, and a GT5 preview.

Now maybe some of you will stop coplaining about 50 bizillion skylines in the game. If you don't like them don't buy them

Yeah that's basically what it is, except GTHD Premium is a prologue to GT5 with full graphics power of the PS3 thus far....and the graphics will be better than GTHD Classic. Either way, it's not a full game, but thus a GT4 addon, and a GT5 preview.

My understanding was that GTHD Premium would give us gameplay in "Full High Definition". Nothing about better graphichs just smoother gameplay utilizing what is becoming the Standard in the television industry and that GTHD Classic would offer online facilities etc. So still not much more than we already have and many people have been playing online via Xlink for many months anyway.

Spec....

Now maybe some of you will stop coplaining about 50 bizillion skylines in the game. If you don't like them don't buy them

That's why I don't mind purchasing the cars and tracks online. I wont buy a single Rally course, 'cause I hate rally, and I wont buy a single car I don't want, which will include about 90% small Japanese cars and about 75% of the big ones.

I'll purchase GT style race cars, mostly. Maybe some small cars and some mid sized non race cars along with a few LMP style cars, but that's it. That's all I like playing with, anyways. I think buying cars and tracks online will save me money.

Before I begin my general overview of this deal, I'm going to say something unrelated to this information. There's a reason why I say that it's too early to confirm or assume ANYTHING about a game like this. One reason is because time passes. Anything can happen between when we get "camera fodder" until we get more information. It's why I say that good things come to those who wait. So it pays to have patience. Another thing, it also proves that PD does listen to their fans, even if they don't exactly listen to you. Like I say, if you want to let the players at PD know something, you have to speak up on forums like this one. I'm a shy person in real life, but there are times where I'll need to break from my shyness and get some things across. You have a voice. You have an Internet connection. You know how to type. So SOUND OFF already! You dig, players?

Now on to more-related material. I have a lot to get into here.

Okay, so maybe GTHD IS going to come out. I just don't want to be looked on by someone saying, "see? I told you it was going to come out, but you didn't listen to me. So STFU, noob!" So it really looks like PD is going to give us some GTHD love. This will still be the key point of emphasis for many people who thought that GTHD was going to be an actual game. The one thing I didn't agree was that there would be motorcycles because I stated that it was only a styling exercise. The bikes carried great detail, greater than the GT4 engine would provide. Then too, I also said that PD would be stupid for killing off one of its franchises before it can even have some life and some credences (I'm talking about "Tourist Trophy" here). This is one of the few times I say this, but... I'm actually shocked and surprised PD would go through with GTHD. Sure as hell shocked me right out of me.

Now let's get on to the notion of Ferrari's inclusion (at least for GTHD). Sometime and somewhere, a "fanboy" is jumping up and down like it was his/her birthday at Chuck E. Cheese's. I've been highly critical of the notion people make that PD can't knock down licenses for bigtime companies. GT4 shown us that Bentley was acquired into the game even though only the beautiful EXP Speed 8 GT is in. Tourist Trophy shown that it could get Ducati and Aprilia. I still get hooked to riding the Ducati 999R and its racing variant. Now GTHD and (maybe) GT5 will finally shut the mouths of those who hate PD because they can't get in half the sports cars that Forza has. So here's the next question- is this going to be the best GT ever ONLY because these cars are included, or will it potentially be a great game because the GT experience has taken a HUGE shot in the arm? I think the GT series has been a slow, but steady progression. This game series is a juggernaut for a reason. As much as it has been heralded as one of the finest racing series of the modern era, it's been one of the finest and most accessible games for any console. A number of classic racing titles have been created in its wake with their own levels of success including Enthusia Professional Racing, the Project Gotham Racing series (highly respect the PGR series), GTR on the PC, the Sega GT series, the ToCA/Race Driver respsective series, and especially GT's rival- the Forza series. I thought the Ferraris pictures on PD's TGS 2006 page was the 612 Scaglietti, but it was the 599 GTB Fiorano. Hopefully this will be in a step in the correct direction as PD will try to silence some of the hardcore and easily unimpressed critics with stuff like this.

One of the few things to come out of GT2 was Grindelwald. The course looks to be much impressive and stunningly beautiful. I may never go to Switzerland to see everything for myself, but damn! That's one mighty fine-looking place! The return of this course actually makes this more of a returning track than a "new" track. We may see some other returning tracks as well. Hark back to Red Rock Valley (GT2), which was two ovals intertwined to each other into a competitive road course. We probably may even see Tahiti Road (GT2) which was a pretty fun and easy course to learn. We may also be at the masochist's paradise known as (no, not the Nürburgring Nordschleife, but...) the Complex String (GT3).

I have MUCH more to talk about here, so I'll end it here for now. Much more in a later post.

OK admittedly I haven't been in the GT5/HD section for ages for that I apologise but can someone just clarify....

we are going to have to pay REAL money to get cars?

OK admittedly I haven't been in the GT5/HD section for ages for that I apologise but can someone just clarify....

we are going to have to pay REAL money to get cars?

Yeap. But, we'll still get some cars from the start, and I'm sure PD aren't going to ruin the whole prize car thing they got going, but pretty much, yeap, you'll have to purchase some cars if you want them.

Oh, and I think GT HD Premium will be a GT5 prequel. GT Classic is HD gaming, too, don't forget. GT Classic uses cars and tracks from GT4, and all, but in HD form.

another problem that we still don´t know how its going to be is, the GT mode. how are you going to have championships and manufactors races if the game starts with 0 cars?

off course, this is for GT HD, not for GT5. HD seems to be focused only in quick races and time attacks, not really championships and carrear progression.

i hope for GT5 we get back to having a wide range of cars to select from tha start. then i would add a few more after that. microtransactions can be either good or evil, we still don´t know. this take of microtransactions in GT HD appeals a lot to the casual GT gamer, which is why it might be sucessful.

i had lots of fun "having to race" with crappy cars and unlocking some of those by winning races... if they include something like a achievments points = new cars for you, then i´m a happy camper.

and we still don´t know. we can have loads of cars that you can: unlock by winning, or if you just want to race with them, buying... anyway, endless possibilities, i hope KY gives a good interview to clarify things.

Back