Gran Turismo Open World Game?

The Crew is not like Forza or GT. They have to make a GT with open world in PS like the Forza Horizon in xbox. The Crew is in both of platforms and PC too, it's Arcade game and it's not the same style of game with GT and Forza.
That's not what i meant, i think (think, not sure) that GT will not care how the gamestyle is, they will cutt of any discussion with the words, "open world" is covered in Forza and the crew, no matter what kind of gameplay/style it is.
A lot of people will say ,if GT get's openworld, "been there, done that on forza and the crew", and pd maybe thinks "we don't want that kind of results/comments".

Maybe we get lucky and i'm wrong and PD will try/make an openworld real simulator game.
But then again, next GT will be for the PS4, who knows what PD can produce.

I would rather have Rockstar make an open world street racer - basically the GTA V world with better driving physics :)
Well, substitute Evolution Studios, and have a DriveClub Off Road Edition. Or MotorStorm 3. ...4? I forget how many they released.

Well, substitute Evolution Studios, and have a DriveClub Off Road Edition. Or MotorStorm 3. ...4? I forget how many they released.
3 Motorstorms by Evolution, and a single PSP Motorstorm by Bigbig studios.

Besides Forza Horizon, Driver San Francisco is another game that I think is close to what an open world Gran Turismo should be:

- Reasonably good physics (cars slide and move on their suspension very convincingly)
- Reasonably good graphics (better than The Crew IMO)
- Lots of licensed cars (100+) with wide variety (Samba Bus, Lamborghini Jalpa, Ford RS200, RUF Yellowbird and a Fire Truck in one game? Hell yes!)
- Damage for all cars
- Cockpit view for all cars (fully detailed with working gauges and mirrors)
- Reasonably good sounds (not NFS/Forza good, but better than GT)
- Unfortunately no visual/performance customization except nitro
- BONUS: you can jump car carriers and drive under semis :D

Very underrated game, and you can get it for peanuts now on PSN Store. I'd have a look if you like driving games and haven't tried it out yet.

i would like to see a game along the lines of NFS 2000 Porsche unleashed with a few tweaks, tone down the fantasy aspect of the tracks a bit (steel mill and stuff) and just focus on the pure driving/racing pleasure in diverse, scenic locations.

I always loved that game, I used to have fun driving the 356, it was slow but it didn't feel like a severely underpowered peace of garbage that <100 hp machines feel like in GT. I loved the engine sounds too and those races on the autobahn were just epic fun.

The factory sport, Motorsport aspect can also be along the lines of nfspu, just more refined. I really hope EA takes something like this up ( I doubt it because the market for this will be much smaller than for something like underground or cop chases or cool crash bro titles).

I always thought that nfspu had an element of celebrating the automobile in all its liberating glory. I'm really excited about the 2020 gen consoles because for the first time, advance, high sample count realtime global illumination would be possible on home consoles racers (driveclub has some basic GI and it looks awesome at times). That would be one of the biggest developments towards lighting realism in home consoles especially in racing games.

I hope asseto corsa remains mod friendly, I'm thinking of creating a track along the lines of nfs pu, probably this fall.

I hope this GT open world is only for Roadcars not for Racecars.
I think that's a needless limitation when it ought to be up to preference.

For instance, I want to take some Group B cars around Ronda. Maybe some Group A cars, too. Heck, Group C would be an absolute blast - the Le Mans 24hr race is partly held on public roads, after all, to say nothing of the Nordschleife. I've been missing Citta di Aria and Costa di Amalfi like mad, in case you can't tell...

The game currently allows participants' cars to be filtered by various means, I can't see that changing just because PD decides to open up Ronda at last. :)

Kaz's vision is about Car Racing, not car cruising down the city's main strip. :boggled:
Open World? I highly doubt it. :indiff:

This game is called Test Drive unlimited. It blew me away almost 10 years ago.

Now if Sony were to increase PD's manpower by 3 fold...this would be dangerous.

Gt driving physics, Japan, touge racing, drifting, official Japanese part suppliers/tuning houses, quirky storyline and brilliant visuals.

Yes please, sign me up for my copy.

Not a fan of open world approach. I thought it was cool for a couple of days back in NFS UG2 but it got old real quick.

I would rather not see resources wasted on such a thing at all but if it were to be added I would definitely want a method of bypassing it completely. Having to drive the car to the shop to get an oil change or buy parts or cars and worse having to drive around to find those shops not to mention races is way more of a nuisance than it is fun. It would take a lot of resources that could be spent on other more meaningful parts of the game as well.

So in short inclusion of such a thing would make me less likely to buy GT or a PS4

It would be nice.. as next GT game (not GT Sport), to be an open world GT.. with the physics of GT, driving style of GT and a nice beautyful world to explore alone or with your friends, to race and other stuff.
I know Forza made it first but it's an exclusive game on xbox only, PS doesn't have any racing simulator game with open world. Also GT is older than forza, so forza stole the first ideas from GT and they made a racing simulator on xbox and every year xbox has a new forza game. PD has let us with the almost same GT stuff from GT4 all these years. We need to see a GT to make us feel surprised and i hope GT Sport will be a very nice GT but until the next GT game (after GT Sport) PD could take the GT Sport stuff and just create an open world map with stuff to do.. of course a GT open world won't have racing cars, but every car will have a customization (not crazy customization like nfs etc.) but a nice simple customization. I think that PD needs to try to do something like that, it's not difficult, if they start to work.I hope to see that in E3 2017.

So, you guys if you agree like this comment or tell your opinions about GT now in 2016.

Don't forget T10 also gave us Forza Horizon AFTER Kaz talked about GT5 and its freeroam capabilities(which we sadly never got). So I do believe some day we will get some sort of open world, but I don't expect it to be like Horizon. But I would like to see it like Kaz said, a freeroaming city where you can drive around and take pictures, maybe drive to arenas (similar to the GT4 map) for events and dealerships, GT Auto, Tuner shops etc.

Yeah, the bad thing with PD is that they are bored to work on GT. They make the same game every time they release a GT. People go to other games, PD needs to make something special and different to make people to turn back to GT.

Also GT is older than forza, so forza stole the first ideas from GT and they made a racing simulator on xbox and every year xbox has a new forza game.

That's a strong word to use.

PD has let us with the almost same GT stuff from GT4 all these years.

Like what stuff? Standard cars?

That's a strong word to use.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's true :P but i told that cause there are people say that "forza did the open world first and if PD do this, they will steal it from forza, just go and buy an xbox" and something like that :P

Like what stuff? Standard cars?[/QUOTE]

Generally the GT games after GT4 are almost same, the differences are not a lot.

Generally the GT games after GT4 are almost same, the differences are not a lot.

GT5 and GT6 follow the same formula, true, but the execution has been subpar in major aspects.

The career modes in GT5 and GT6 don't hold a candle to GT4's for instance. I'm still waiting PD to make a carrer mode that has as much effort put into it as GT4's. Bring back manufacturer events. Give rally its own section on the career menu again and do the same for the other race types. Actually utilize all of the cars and tracks that are available. I can go on. But with the direction GT going these days I doubt this will ever happen, if at all.

GT Sport will be a prologue after 3 years we have ti see a new GT, we will not see much. We will see only 140 cars (most of them will be race cars), some race tracks and a nice photo mode.. and some other stuff that i dont really care, cause the basic things will be missing.
Until now i feel dissapointment from PD.

GT5 and GT6 follow the same formula, true, but the execution has been subpar in major aspects.

The career modes in GT5 and GT6 don't hold a candle to GT4's for instance. I'm still waiting PD to make a carrer mode that has as much effort put into it as GT4's. Bring back manufacturer events. Give rally its own section on the career menu again and do the same for the other race types. Actually utilize all of the cars and tracks that are available. I can go on. But with the direction GT going these days I doubt this will ever happen, if at all.
GT Sport will be a prologue after 3 years we have ti see a new GT, we will not see much. We will see only 140 cars (most of them will be race cars), some race tracks and a nice photo mode.. and some other stuff that i dont really care, cause the basic things will be missing.
Until now i feel dissapointment from PD.

Instead of the open world driving game we already Know it could be an interesting hybrid oper world Racing game...
So you have smaller "world" map connecting the Real Racing tracks...
You can free roam the Racing world and do photos in beautiful locations to go from a race spot to the new one...

All races Will be in proper tracks and you free roam the roads that connect one track to another...
It could be cool if you have to drive phisically to a certain spot to buy new cars (maybe the city of origin of each brand)...
And ofc you could drive in specific locations to do the upgrading, tuning, livery and so on...

This would be the Racing game of My dreams...

I don't like the idea of an open world GT game. I think it makes the feel of a GT game different and more childish, GT is about a simulator on a race track.

I don't like the idea of an open world GT game. I think it makes the feel of a GT game different and more childish, GT is about a simulator on a race track.
So drivers that drive their cars from House to work are children while drivers Racing on a circuit are adults? :P

So drivers that drive their cars from House to work are children while drivers Racing on a circuit are adults? :P
No that's not the point and you can't compare real life to a game.
This is about racing, i can't see how racing in the streets in the future Gran Turismos make you a better race driver or adds to the "real driving simulator" aspect of the game. This would just make the game feel like Need for Speed or Forza Horizon, and the "real driver simulator" aspect of the game will be almost nonexistent.

This is about racing, i can't see how racing in the streets in the future Gran Turismos make you a better race driver or adds to the "real driving simulator" aspect of the game. This would just make the game feel like Need for Speed or Forza Horizon, and the "real driver simulator" aspect of the game will be almost nonexistent.
To many people, GT isn't about racing at all. Catering to virtual tourists and the cruisers and the half-asleep post-work faffers (like me) etc. is no bad thing. It's more sales, and more people get what they want.

GT Sport, though, maybe isn't that game.

I don't know what it is about "open world" that you think "childish", but remember that "open world" doesn't actually describe gameplay. It's unlikely Kaz was thinking of making a Need for Speed or Horizon, should they be considered "childish", for instance.

Driving is in city roads Too... Racing is on tracks...
So "the Real DRIVING simulator" can be a openworld freeroaming game...
If you tell me that driving clandestine races in real roads Like NFS is "childish" i believe you but cruising on the roads to visit new places is totally non childish...

Implementing free roaming is something that would decrease value and identity of GT series even more. They should stick with what they were best at (circuit racing) instead of focusing on mechanics that have already been implemented better by other racing games.

Back