Gran Turismo Sport 1.39 Update Now Available: Goodwood Motor Circuit and New Single-Player Events

Nope, both the Aston Martin DB3S and Shelby Cobra Daytona can do it without much difficulty.

I really hope so because something drastic has happened to the Ferrari P3/4. Before even starting the race with the car under auto pilot the car tries to launch itself into orbit. After much experimenting with winding the power down bit by bit it finally got to the point where I could take over. And what a mess it was when I finally did. I had worked on a tune that made the car very simple to control at maximum power and minimum weight. It's now near undriveable. I really hope this is sorted out.

Is it my imagination or does Goodwood have less grip than other circuits? I go offline to make a pass and all of a sudden I'm oversteering off the track.

The Pit Stop Sequences:

Built-in air jacks on an E-Type Jag?

giphy.gif

So far I like the course a lot. The long sweeping turns really punish people that initiate the straights with a poor exit. Something about the sweeping turns gives the course a frantic pace as if everyone is trying to hurry to the bathroom all at once. People have criticized the course for really only being good for slower road cars but it seemed fine for GR4, where getting out of rhythm with the natural line would force you to let off the throttle to stay on the course.

I'm generally surprised by Goodwood Motor Circuit. This track is fun as hell! Played it with a variety of cars: NSX '92, 911 '01, 911 GT3 RS '17, Huayra and the Nissan Super GT (Gr. 2). Track itself is looking great and I like it that there are no invisible barriers. You can really go off the circuit.

Last edited:
So far I like the course a lot. The long sweeping turns really punish people that initiate the straights with a poor exit. Something about the sweeping turns gives the course a frantic pace as if everyone is trying to hurry to the bathroom all at once. People have criticized the course for really only being good for slower road cars but it seemed fine for GR4, where getting out of rhythm with the natural line would force you to let off the throttle to stay on the course.
Gr.4 is great there. Actually ran a race there last night with Gr.1 for 20 laps in the 787B and it was great. There’s a few spots you can easily hit the 190’s and brake just fine for the corner. It’s a wonderful track :D

Goodwood is a fantastic addition. Finally a track that is rarely found in games (aside from being a mod in rFactor or Assetto Corsa). Great flow and proper old school track with small margin of error. It feels properly bumpy, with little ruts here and there that can throw you off the line (and off the track!) if you're not careful. I just wish we have an unchicaned version, as that ruins the end of the lap for me. That aside, dawn and dusk time of day looks unbelievable. Probably the best and most natural track lighting in the whole game besides Nordschleife. Here's hoping the Hillclimb also gets added at some point in the future 👍

What wheel are you using? The track is as smooth as a pool table just like most of the tracks in GTS which have a non-existed, lack luster FFB.

Ran a few n300-n400 races last night and overall I really enjoyed the new track. Much better than Autopolis, which I did not like at all tbh.

A very positive surprise indeed.

The only reason I enjoy driving Autopolis is to watch people lose control on the uphill hairpin at turn 11.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that finds the extremely tall boom on the ‘cherry picker’ (not sure if that’s the correct term for that machine) at Lavant Corner weird? Looks extremely exaggerated to me... But then again, I’m not very familiar with those things, so it might well be possible for those things to have such extremely long booms.......?

After spending a while with the update it seems like you need to loosen and raise the suspension in order to get more mechanical grip. I was sliding around like crazy with stiff suspension.

Good to see a lot of positive reactions to this track. It obviously wasn't a bad decision to put it in, and I hope we get some more classic touring and sports cars. But here's one thing I would like: a Goodwood Revival special event where you have the St Mary's Trophy, Whitsun Trophy, Chichester Cup, Sussex Trophy etc. Not too dissimilar to the Hillclimb Special Event in GT6.

Good to see a lot of positive reactions to this track. It obviously wasn't a bad decision to put it in, and I hope we get some more classic touring and sports cars. But here's one thing I would like: a Goodwood Revival special event where you have the St Mary's Trophy, Whitsun Trophy, Chichester Cup, Sussex Trophy etc. Not too dissimilar to the Hillclimb Special Event in GT6.

Better yet, why not have an entire Special Events section where we can include the Goodwood Revival + Lewis Hamilton F1 Challenge and Red Bull X Challenge etc. in addition to endurance events featuring cars that competed in those real-life events e.g. Nurburgring 24 Hours.

Best era of touring car racing. At the 16 minute mark, they talk about how this circuit was used to test, when Thruxton was closed. The times they did at GW, were usually spot on at Thruxton. That's how I've felt this circuit is like.
Pretty ironic, we had these cars in GT2 , but not the circuit. Now, we have the circuit, but not the cars.

Was having a great time barrelling round Goodwood in a tuned classic Mini and I was thinking how much like Thruxton (another airfield perimeter road circuit) it is, and the original Silverstone layout was also thus. Then look at Le Mans, the original Monza, original Hockenheim, all long straights, fast circuits, that racers would test their cars against. Seems, especially with the airfield circuits, it was a case of finding somewhere available to drive fast. And then, as the sport progressed, the cars would be adapted/built to go fast on the tracks, and downforce and ‘air management’ became a thing and cars got grippier and faster. But now it seems that the tracks (at least F1) are being adapted/built to accommodate the cars (bends/chicanes to slow them, artificially conceived overtaking opportunities etc). Don’t know if there’s a point, per se, to this just a random thought.

Was having a great time barrelling round Goodwood in a tuned classic Mini and I was thinking how much like Thruxton (another airfield perimeter road circuit) it is, and the original Silverstone layout was also thus. Then look at Le Mans, the original Monza, original Hockenheim, all long straights, fast circuits, that racers would test their cars against. Seems, especially with the airfield circuits, it was a case of finding somewhere available to drive fast. And then, as the sport progressed, the cars would be adapted/built to go fast on the tracks, and downforce and ‘air management’ became a thing and cars got grippier and faster. But now it seems that the tracks (at least F1) are being adapted/built to accommodate the cars (bends/chicanes to slow them, artificially conceived overtaking opportunities etc). Don’t know if there’s a point, per se, to this just a random thought.
I feel like what you’re saying is what a lot of us feel especially in regards to F1. Racing back in the day was real racing. Now it’s kind of just ****.

Are we back to chasing the rabbit worse than before with the new events in League? I did Super Formula at Autopolis and there was a pack of cars running and then a leader about 18-20 seconds in front of everyone that was hard to catch. Same with Goodwood in amateur nostalgic car festival. Somehow a Miura was able to defy laws of physics and was way out of reach at around 25 seconds from the next AI in line.
I don't understand how this is possible. They have to program this because that fast Miura was in third place to start and there was another Miura by the back of the pack that had no where near this pace. I dislike having to use only 2 cars to have a chance at winning or tuning some other vintage car to wazoo just to compete which is unrealistic. Ya, it gives something to strive for I guess.
I however do like the fact that maybe some of this new AI programming relies more on driver skill then the cars statistics. It gets monotonous when you know what car is always going to win just because its the fastest can in it's category. Would be nice if there were more randomness to AI in League but more importantly, Custom Races.

Are we back to chasing the rabbit worse than before with the new events in League? I did Super Formula at Autopolis and there was a pack of cars running and then a leader about 18-20 seconds in front of everyone that was hard to catch. Same with Goodwood in amateur nostalgic car festival. Somehow a Miura was able to defy laws of physics and was way out of reach at around 25 seconds from the next AI in line.
I don't understand how this is possible. They have to program this because that fast Miura was in third place to start and there was another Miura by the back of the pack that had no where near this pace. I dislike having to use only 2 cars to have a chance at winning or tuning some other vintage car to wazoo just to compete which is unrealistic. Ya, it gives something to strive for I guess.
I however do like the fact that maybe some of this new AI programming relies more on driver skill then the cars statistics. It gets monotonous when you know what car is always going to win just because its the fastest can in it's category. Would be nice if there were more randomness to AI in League but more importantly, Custom Races.

Yeah I was trying to win the new SF Autopolis event with the Clean Race bonus. After 4 tries I just gave up on getting the clean bonus, seems impossible to pull off 19 clean passes in only 8 laps. Especially when the AI at random will go through turns like T12 (flying right hander) at about 30mph.

I wish the SF cup was in Professional league and had double the amount of laps.

As people have said, the XJ13 ends up as a runner in the nostalgia races.

Have people seen the Daytona or 330 etc?

Most ridiculous is the AI trying to get around the Type 2 Microbus.

What wheel are you using? The track is as smooth as a pool table just like most of the tracks in GTS which have a non-existed, lack luster FFB.

T-GT, DFB off (switch vibration off in controller settings), CS 7, FFT 2, FFS 10.

It's certainly not the road feel you get from laser scanned tracks in AC, but compared to other tracks Goodwood has a lot more detail, at least to my hands.

Back