Gran Turismo Sport 1.39 Update Now Available: Goodwood Motor Circuit and New Single-Player Events

Has anyone noticed the handling being different?

I don't know if the shift time reduction is intended to equalise paddle shifters and pattern shifters, but surely sequential shifting is always going to be slower, with my wheel it takes considerable time just to physically move the paddles multiple times in succession. Perhaps the point is more to make using Auto more of a disadvantage relative to Manual?

"4. Physics Simulation Model
 - The handling behaviour of the cars has been adjusted;
 - The time required to perform gear shifts with a paddle shift or DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller when the transmission is set to [Manual] has been reduced;"

I gave Goodwood a try before work with the Gordini. It's a pretty fast track. It reminds me a bit of Tokyo's Central Outer Loop in that most of the breaking points are soft and you can usually coast through them. It's more about maintaining speed than anything. And like Tokyo's loop, the overtaking is a bit tricky.

I haven't driven Goodwood on any game yet but like the look of the layout. It's kind of how I imagine Thruxton would be if it looked less like a massive dump.

The detail on the Goodwood main straight is lovely, loads more detail close to the track than I expected. And much as I like Thruxton...haha

Must say.. Goodwood is a bit.. errr.. boring. :guilty:

I understand the heritage, but as a racing track.. now i know how they dare to push all those old classic so fast around "corners". :lol:

Well in order to get owners of multi million dollar cars to race around a track, I would assume they wouldn't pick Nordschleife for such a race.
Boring is in the eye of the beholder.

Famous tracks that are not in every single sim ever:

· Circuito de Jerez
· Motorland Aragón
· Bugatti Circuit
· Slovakiaring
· Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
· Sonoma Raceway
· Miller Motorsports Park
· Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
· SUGO
· Sepang

Any of these would be nice additions for GT Sport.

I want to try this track in VR. Is there anyway to increase the AI difficulty in VR Mode? They’re way too easy at the moment.

· Circuito de Jerez
· Motorland Aragón
· Bugatti Circuit
· Slovakiaring
· Sonoma Raceway
· SUGO
· Sepang

The Bugatti Circuit and Sonoma Raceway are both in Forza and Project CARS (while the latter also has SUGO).

Has anyone noticed the handling being different?

I don't know if the shift time reduction is intended to equalise paddle shifters and pattern shifters, but surely sequential shifting is always going to be slower, with my wheel it takes considerable time just to physically move the paddles multiple times in succession. Perhaps the point is more to make using Auto more of a disadvantage relative to Manual?

"4. Physics Simulation Model
 - The handling behaviour of the cars has been adjusted;
 - The time required to perform gear shifts with a paddle shift or DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller when the transmission is set to [Manual] has been reduced;"

No wonder why I felt like the Porsche 962c no longer has that short delay before shifting. The short delay of shifts make it feel more realistic though.

The Bugatti Circuit was in Moto GP 14. Not a great representation of it, however.

This new track is fun. I love pushing slower card to the absolute limit, and I love driving my Shelby Cobra here and doing wheelies in it.

D7yxP3EU0AA4omI.jpg

I know I'm not alone in this, but I wish you could start a race at Dawn, and if you raced long enough, it would end with "morning".

Or Sunset to Dusk, etc.

Keep changing your car in the Nostalgic Race 6 and you'll continue to get different AI combinations.

Are they legit combinations? I ask because when you do the Group 2 races in GT Acadamy, the grid is filled with cars that don't belong and simply just get in the way by lap 3 as you try to zip around them as they complete lap 1.

I'm pretty sure there's been a few events here already... one Gr1, one W08 and SF19 and a GT3?

Its not terrible.

I kind of feel like they improved the new BMW Supra. Its not as terrible as before.

There's only one professional event this time which is the terrible F1500s.

I have yet to win one of those blasted F1500 events. Very very very frustrating.

The Pit Stop Sequences:

Love the variances in the pit animation.

Also, you're using TC in that car? Was Traction control even around when that car was made? :)

And am I the only one who feels weird using paddle shifters on these old cars?

Another update that I have zero interest in.

Playing GT less and less again as time goes on.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.....

· Circuito de Jerez
· Motorland Aragón
· Bugatti Circuit
· Slovakiaring
· Sonoma Raceway
· SUGO
· Sepang

I'll add another, Road Atlanta. What a great track for GR3 and 4 racing.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 23
Goodwood also had 17 F1 races there albeit not part of the championship but F1 cars and f1 drivers.1949 - 1965

Not many of the wished for tracks have such a history

CJ
I know it's blasphemy on this page but while I was driving Goodwood last night in the DB3, I was thinking to myself, wish they would add this track to PC2 so we could take the old historic F1 cars around. Hell, all the classic cars in that game.

Alright, I'll take my flagellation now.

So the Fanatec display on certain Fanatec wheels now shows the speed until a gear change when it briefly flicks to new gear number then back to showing speed. Nice addition from PD. It is also possible that FFB feels better on Fanatec now but that is probably placebo effect.

CJ

I thought I noticed a difference too, but I haven’t played GT Sport for six weeks or so until this morning to try out Goodwood. And I’ve been playing Assetto Corsa which has vastly superior physics and force feedback so I can’t tell if it’s different or me not familiar anymore. It wasn’t unpleasant, there’s that. Had I thought of the possibility of a physics update I would have refreshed my memory before the update.

Goodwood’s s’ok. Fish and chips. This track has that scale issue to my eyes that all GT Sport tracks do. The world ain’t sized right and things in it feel uncanny because of that, but there are certainly aspects that are well done.

The race especially at the start kept me at the edge of my seat. When there was minor contact, I thought to myself well there's $1,000+ of damage down the drain. But then I remembered, it's just a game.

What a beautifully recreated track! PD did such a great job with the immersion.
BTW, great driving @FoRiZon!
Thanks! I was recreating the typical race Goodwood has. Heres E Type VS Cobra for example:

Also we come way since previous GT when the cars sounded like Dyson:

Last edited:
Keep changing your car in the Nostalgic Race 6 and you'll continue to get different AI combinations.

Do you happen to know why the '66 GT40 is one of the cars we race against, but you can't race that car in the race? Is it because it's an N and not an X car? I'm really having trouble with the race, the Ferrari just leaves me every time and I can't catch up with my little Alfa.

Do you happen to know why the '66 GT40 is one of the cars we race against, but you can't race that car in the race? Is it because it's an N and not an X car? I'm really having trouble with the race, the Ferrari just leaves me every time and I can't catch up with my little Alfa.
Only N class cars in the N class Nostalgic races.
Gr.X cars only in the Professional Nostalgic races only. There are N class AI cars which , unfortunately, we can't use to race in that lower class. PDLogic(trademark).

As for the question of "legit" AI at GW, again PDLogic(trademark). Slower N classics like the Samba, Beetle, 500F, etc, only feature in that race. Not in the other Nostalgic races.

Gr.X cars only in the Professional Nostalgic races only. There are N class AI cars which , unfortunately, we can't use to race in that lower class. PDLogic(trademark).

As for the question of "legit" AI at GW, again PDLogic(trademark). Slower N classics like the Samba, Beetle, 500F, etc, only feature in that race. Not in the other Nostalgic races.

In the Nostalgic Goodwood race I am pretty sure I came across an XJ13, a Gr.X car.

physics any better?

Worse. Lateral grip is just....gone. tried the last mission thing on the ring. AI continues to just maintain their standard follow the leader crap, right in the middle of the track. You can't punt them out of the way. The car never handles consistently, and there are no BOP updates. The xbow, sfr, and 911 will continue to be the only cars you can compete in for n500 races. But hey, there's a new track.

Sorry, I wasn't specific.

Professional League - Nostalgic - St Croix

It's a Gr.X race.

My question was about the '66 Ford GT40, it's an N400, and only 2M.

This race requires the car to be a Gr.X, so it's the 20M cars.

I'm using my Giulia, and with a fair amount of skill can't beat the race.

Sorry, I wasn't specific.

Professional League - Nostalgic - St Croix

It's a Gr.X race.

My question was about the '66 Ford GT40, it's an N400, and only 2M.

This race requires the car to be a Gr.X, so it's the 20M cars.

I'm using my Giulia, and with a fair amount of skill can't beat the race.
There are a few threads addressing which cars to buy if you want to win and/or be competitive in those races.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...d-mk-iv-or-jaguar-xj-13.384273/#post-12588710

Another shows which cars&races earn you the most Cr., in the shortest amount of time.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ke-money-and-xp-in-gran-turismo-sport.373222/

Back