Gran Turismo Sport 1.40 Update Now Available: Sardegna Road Course and New Cars

Official patch note:

Physics Simulation Model
 - The transmission systems for the following cars have been adjusted:
  ・Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 (*1) (*2)
  ・Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 (*1) (*2)
  ・Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11 (*1) (*2)
  ・Maserati Granturismo S '08 (*1)
  ・Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '09 (*2)

(*1) An explanation has been added for the default "Semi-Automatic Transmission."
 (*2) It is no longer possible to use the full "Manual Transmission" mode when using an H-pattern shifter and clutch pedal controller.

- The simulation of gear changes on cars with manual transmissions has been updated:
  ・The time required to perform gear shifts with a paddle shift when the transmission is set to [Manual] has been reduced.
  ・When quickly changing gears in full "Manual Transmission" mode, mis-shifts will occur less frequently.

- It is now more difficult to accelerate in "N" gear if certain inputs are entered.

Here's what the above meant. I pick Aventador because the change is HUGE compare to others like Maserati which are rather subtle.

Last edited:
I really dig the new Sardegna road courses. What great additions.

7214772111363014664_0.jpg

@Slapped I hope there's a good story behind your 13-year hiatus from gaming. If so, I'd like to read about it.

A bank job would have been fun, but school taught me that I always get caught, so a life as an international bank robber was out.

It's really boring actually - first year I was here I put myself through intensive German courses which didn't leave me much time. Then I landed the job and worked my arse off at it. Giving up gaming was a small sacrifice for the benefits I now have. I can now speak another language fluently, I live in a beautiful and safe country, and I've made good money.

Sometimes you have to put the little things aside to do the big things.

A bank job would have been fun, but school taught me that I always get caught, so a life as an international bank robber was out.

It's really boring actually - first year I was here I put myself through intensive German courses which didn't leave me much time. Then I landed the job and worked my arse off at it. Giving up gaming was a small sacrifice for the benefits I now have. I can now speak another language fluently, I live in a beautiful and safe country, and I've made good money.

Sometimes you have to put the little things aside to do the big things.

I wouldn't call it boring, not with an outcome as great as that one. You've done well, sir.

I love this new track it is so fast paced not to mention the track has all barriers no gravel traps.

So no room for error but man when you go fast it makes you underestimate a lot of corners.

When it comes to fictional tracks, PD sure does know how to give them character.

I love this new track it is so fast paced not to mention the track has all barriers no gravel traps.

So no room for error but man when you go fast it makes you underestimate a lot of corners.

When it comes to fictional tracks, PD sure does know how to give them character.

I LOVE the elevation changes. the reverse layouts i actually enjoy for once because it flips the script on some corners. braking downhill into a corner instead of going uphill on exit. Im a big fan so far. Goodwood was nice but its too flat for me. sardegna c reminds me of goodwood a bit but with way more elevation and walls. Idk how people decided to say the sardegna road course was just a bland saint croix copy. It just isnt.

Last edited:
I read about the launch of PS5 at the end of 2020. This should mean another year aprox of updates for GTS?

Maybe. But even if/when that time comes, when the PS5 launches, I'm not 100% sure if that'll mean a solid end to the updates. I think it's possible that a little after the PS5 launch, they'd release the remaining updates that they've already completed at that time, and then they'll stop there. And then GTS will remain online for roughly as many years as GT5 and GT6 were, after that, maybe.

Extremely happy rain is not here.

Hopefully PD will delay it till November or December. Maybe even early 2020.

GTS has received fat too much content already so I don’t see any rush from now onwards.

B has gravel traps which is actually the layout I prefer because it's most like a real dedicated circuit. Not really a fan of the "street" circuits that are not in the middle of a city.

Back