Gran Turismo Sport 1.43 Update Now Available: Five JDM Cars and Wet Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 524 comments
Yeah, I meant TCS, sorry.

I’m still angry enough to just go for gold by cutting every corner and ramming everyone off-course. Not that I’ll get any penalty for it.

I’m sick of all this. First I pretty much stopped bothering with the “Race Entry” tab in Sport Mode because I was sick of losing all the time, and now this. I think I’ve begun to realize that maybe GT was never really for me. All this thinking and analysis over what, pretend racecars? It all seems worthless, as if I’ll never get anywhere particularly special in life with the useless crap I learn from this overly-technical series. I don’t even care if I get called a brainlet - I’m just burnt out. I’ve had enough. I haven’t even touched Ace Combat 7 yet, and I bought it months ago. I’ve been perseverating on GTS, and likely for nothing! I’ve already made peace that I’ll never get those trophies for total wins/poles, nor the in-game achievement for consecutive clean races. But now I can’t even get gold on GT League, against the AI? Even after trying to beat Gr.2 @ RBR Wet for over an hour and a half? I’m done.

GT has been living in my head, not rent-free, but paying too little and too late. It’s potentially time for me to evict it from my head. GT simply does not “spark joy” for me these days. Even in the context of playing videogames, I sometimes feel like I’m wasting my time. I’m gonna pick a good bourbon and start drinking. Maybe Woodford Reserve. I’m done with GT and racing sims.

I just can’t keep doing this anymore. I’m just not having fun.
Out of interest I ran that race again, but this time I turned the power up to full and took the weight as low as it would possibly go, everything else was the same (ABS only). It was an absolute blast getting wheel spin all the way up to fourth gear and having to be ultra careful with the throttle, and I'm not saying you should try ABS only like I did, but the added power and less weight would certainly help you. Check out the improvement in my lap times. Just beware of the extra long braking distances.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190903143633.jpg

If that's the case, then why are you still here ranting then? And what are you trying to prove, anyway?

Idk, I just thought for a while that I still liked GT and racing sims, and maybe I was simply in denial.

The Red Bull Ring Super GT race certainly is tough. Perhaps not as much so if you're driving with an upgraded car and crashing past everyone but with a 100% power and weight car while going for the clean race bonus the going gets quite serious at times, get stuck behind the AI for even a couple of corners and that's some noticable time lost already.

Things aren't exactly helped by the AI scaling its speed to match that of the player. In the first picture by @FPV MIC the total time is around 15'50 and the victory margin is slightly over a second, I drove a 15'24 total and won by six seconds which doesn't add up by any logic. Took the lead at the end of the seventh lap - see the replay link to see how it all panned out. I doubt I could have driven any harder without a serious risk of binning it at some point.

supergtredbullring.png

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gts...allery/all/replay/5223160/4900572807869497368

I took a first drive in the S13 Silvia. I expected it to be not good as the car in real life is middling.

The car in the game is simply amazing. It has more than ample power in 200/300/400 form. It is surprisingly economic... seen one pitstop when others take two. The handling is excellent except for some initial understeer (big deal). The brakes are very good for this age of car. Bit of body roll but the car is so communicative you can pit the roll into corners so the weight transfer helps you so that you're already pointing the nose in the right direction as you exit the corner. And this is just the stock tune!

So in sum.. completely unlike the car in real life!

I suspect a bit of Japanese bias where these 'classic' JDM cars get better handling than others due to nostalgia. God bless PD in that regard.

7ea1fd-20170401162710_1.jpg

God bless the little SR20 that could. Especially hybrids like this.

I kind of perfer this over the two 4wd cars AND the s2000.

I took a first drive in the S13 Silvia. I expected it to be not good as the car in real life is middling.

The car in the game is simply amazing. It has more than ample power in 200/300/400 form. It is surprisingly economic... seen one pitstop when others take two. The handling is excellent except for some initial understeer (big deal). The brakes are very good for this age of car. Bit of body roll but the car is so communicative you can pit the roll into corners so the weight transfer helps you so that you're already pointing the nose in the right direction as you exit the corner. And this is just the stock tune!

So in sum.. completely unlike the car in real life!

I suspect a bit of Japanese bias where these 'classic' JDM cars get better handling than others due to nostalgia. God bless PD in that regard.

7ea1fd-20170401162710_1.jpg

God bless the little SR20 that could. Especially hybrids like this.

I kind of perfer this over the two 4wd cars AND the s2000.

The Silvia K’s in Forza doesn’t drive worse.

I knew that GTS pic of the GTO was an "uh oh". It finishes last every N300 race. Gets a good awd start and passes the cars at back. Then, the C3, RX500 and Mach 1 bully it to the back in 20th.
They had to put the damn 1991 in instead of the 1996/1998. Screwed me, I'm an avid GTO fan. The newer ones beat almost anything in it's class with no tuning - any 300ZX TT, any pre 2000s FD3, and gaps the Supra til 120.
It's ******** but whatcha gonna do?

Back