Gran Turismo Sport delayed to 2017

• Thread starter Pophead
  • 1,859 comments
Can we ban people who want to ban people because they wanted to ban people fo-

Now I've gone cross-eyed.
Yo-Dawg-Heard-You.jpg

I hope when we get an announcement, its something like, its out next week, instead of the torturous out in 8 months scenario, that game people usually do, I hate that so much..:mad::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Imagine winning the lottery, then they say, you cant have it for 8 months....:banghead::boggled::nervous:

When i worked selling bike on a Honda's dealer, i had a boss that was a perfect douchbag, terrible and him was the reason i quite, but one think i learned with him while he teach us on how to explain the bike characteristcs and specifications;

What is obvious to you, may be not to other people.

What's the big deal about someone asks this question? It's 62 pages to read, that's a lot of posts.

I may have already had my 2 cents here, but 60 pages are too many to check.
So here's my latest 2 cents worth. :lol:

My money on the delay is that it's FIA related.
I'm not convinced with the 85% complete, VR, more content, reasons.

I think the best odds are due to flags, damage, Sportsmanship, GTS live TV, safety cars, and the synchronised running of these things in the events, being given the tick of approval from the FIA.

I may have already had my 2 cents here, but 60 pages are too many to check.
So here's my latest 2 cents worth. :lol:

My money on the delay is that it's FIA related.
I'm not convinced with the 85% complete, VR, more content, reasons.

I think the best odds are due to flags, damage, Sportsmanship, GTS live TV, safety cars, and the synchronised running of these things in the events, being given the tick of approval from the FIA.

Or maybe Kaz has been reading the Q/A for Project Cars 2 and has had a mini stroke.

Delayed two more years!!

Seriously though PD has always put out a good product, perhaps lacking but consistently good in my eyes.

We've been waiting this long and currently have great titles to drive.

I will admit I am borderline addicted to PC1, and honestly look forward to PC2 more than GT Sport at this point.

XXI
Or maybe Kaz has been reading the Q/A for Project Cars 2 and has had a mini stroke.

Delayed two more years!!

Seriously though PD has always put out a good product, perhaps lacking but consistently good in my eyes.

I will admit I am borderline addicted to PC1, and honestly look forward to PC2 more than GT Sport at this point.
Honestly, why wouldn't you? Same amount of cars (with a bit more variety), 3 times the tracks (60 vs 18), a single player component, what looks like the best dynamic weather/ToD (super excited to return to Winter Nurburgring!) system in a racer and the absolutely amazing multi-player **** (Can't wait for the GTplanet league).

Unless PD is hiding something absolutely amazing, all GTS will have going for it is graphics, photomode and the digital racing license.

So far it looks like PCARS2 will basically be the best racing game ever in most areas other than car count, or at least match it's rivals in said areas.

Don't worry, Poly can't be that incompetent :) Money and skill should guarantee at least a "good" game.
I don't think anybody doubts that.

The problem is that right now being a "good" game doesn't count for much.

If things go as they are, in fall GTS, PCARS2 and FM7 are all coming out.

PCARS2 will likely have the best and most comprehensive on track experience with physics, dynamic everything, car damage and cars on track (PCARS could at least do 50 I think on Sonoma without lag or stuttering on XBONE) and looks to have the best multi-player options. Will have slightly more cars with greater variety and probably as many different tracks as GTS and FM7 combined (most important feature IMHO). Graphics will be a bit worse than GTS on consoles but about equal on PC.
TLDR: Way better for racing.

FM7 could have as much as 3 times the car count with an absolutely stupid amount of variety (Semi trucks, 3 wheelers, goddamn Hot Wheels, etc). As a potential Scorpio release title could be even better looking then GTS if they get the shading right. Plus a guarantee of 42 new cars over 6 months with a possibility of expansions with new tracks and cars.
TLDR: Way better for car collecting.

PCARS2 will be on all platforms (that matter :P) and FM7 will be available on XBONE/PC (presumably with cross buy and play).

GTS has some very, very strong competition in terms of what it wants to be (hardcore racer) and what it use to be (car collecting).

And with the addition of the '73 240ZG GTS-II. This is yet another game that has out-Gran Turismo'd Gran Turismo.
View attachment 629316 View attachment 629317
View attachment 629318
That's the sad thing: Other games are better at Gran Turismo than Gran Turismo itself. It seems silly. One game in the series aims to represent a huge amount of cars, while another one wants to be a hardcore racing game. It's as if GT is having an identity crisis.

Honestly, why wouldn't you? Same amount of cars (with a bit more variety), 3 times the tracks (60 vs 18), a single player component, what looks like the best dynamic weather/ToD (super excited to return to Winter Nurburgring!) system in a racer and the absolutely amazing multi-player **** (Can't wait for the GTplanet league).

Unless PD is hiding something absolutely amazing, all GTS will have going for it is graphics, photomode and the digital racing license.

So far it looks like PCARS2 will basically be the best racing game ever in most areas other than car count, or at least match it's rivals in said areas.
B..b...b...but PCars ain't go no sense of ownership because I didn't have to grind for 1000 hours to get every car:sly:.

I would assume we probably have to wait until E3 to get any information.
That would mean easily a "holiday" release (If that is even possible)

So if people just keep checking I am sure someone from the big house would update on if any information changes.

Honestly I enjoy an experience system. It's nice to see a little number showing how much effort you've put.... also let me know how absolutely screwed I am before the race starts lol.

I honestly like of having to buy cars...
If it were optional, it's something I might explore, but IMO, if you're going to have an economy it should be logical, based around real world economics and real life and not simply a straightforward race/earn money/buy cars type of concept. It's as stale as 3 day old bread left on the counter and boring as all heck. For example, most race drivers aren't going out and purchasing GT500/LeMans/Indy/F1 etc. cars to go racing. They race for teams, they don't pay for the cars, they get a salary and win prize money. How about finding a way to incorporate that into a game? Many race drivers, especially at the lower levels, are multi-dimensional. They race in multiple series and participate in single races here and there. How about incorporating those types of things into the game as well? You've got state of the art graphics, how about a trophy room filled with our trophies and plaques? How about the ability to customize our race suits and display cases to put them in in the trophy room? The ability to take photos in game with your race driver after winning or placing in a series and the ability to mount that photo on the wall in our trophy room? How about being able to customize our own 3D garage with items we can purchase with game credits and the space to display 5-10 of our favourite cars? Throw in the ability to purchase and customize multiple garages to display even more cars. Actually put some effort into making the career feel like a career and not just a mishmash of events copy/pasted from 15 years ago and you might have my interest.

If it were optional, it's something I might explore, but IMO, if you're going to have an economy it should be logical, based around real world economics and real life and not simply a straightforward race/earn money/buy cars type of concept. It's as stale as 3 day old bread left on the counter and boring as all heck. For example, most race drivers aren't going out and purchasing GT500/LeMans/Indy/F1 etc. cars to go racing. They race for teams, they don't pay for the cars, they get a salary and win prize money. How about finding a way to incorporate that into a game? Many race drivers, especially at the lower levels, are multi-dimensional. They race in multiple series and participate in single races here and there. How about incorporating those types of things into the game as well? You've got state of the art graphics, how about a trophy room filled with our trophies and plaques? How about the ability to customize our race suits and display cases to put them in in the trophy room? The ability to take photos in game with your race driver after winning or placing in a series and the ability to mount that photo on the wall in our trophy room? How about being able to customize our own 3D garage with items we can purchase with game credits and the space to display 5-10 of our favourite cars? Throw in the ability to purchase and customize multiple garages to display even more cars. Actually put some effort into making the career feel like a career and not just a mishmash of events copy/pasted from 15 years ago and you might have my interest.

You and me Johnny, we could design a hell of a game together :lol:.

Has that "Yet to be shown" content which delayed the game been revealed yet?
A double digit number of track locations and some cars you mean? I'm reasonably sure someone would have noticed if they had been revealed.

That's if that was the cause of the delay....

I think there is still some confusion here, or perhaps it's just the way I personally read it.

But the "yet to be revealed" comment didn't refer to content.
The words used were "cutting edge experiences".
And as think I've suggested before, those "experiences" could well be the HRD, wide colour, etc. enhancements PD have since showcased.

I could be wrong of course.
But to my mind "content" wasn't put forward as the reason behind the delay.

XXI

Delayed two more years!!

:lol:

Yep, PC2 is shaping up to be an awesome game.
Can't wait to get my hands on it, and some free time so I can actually put some time into the game. :sly:
GTSport is holding most of my attention at the moment though.
I swear sooner or later we will actually be able to play GT on the PS4. :lol:

Back