Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
I have more Gr 3 cars than Gr 4 and N300 combined... And to top it all off there are no events for me, so the beta is literally unplayable...🤬

For those who are able to access the beta forum I see a few interesting posts were put up yesterday by Kaz and other PD staff addressing a number of things like the server issues, driver markers and how the SR/ghosting systems are working. Since it's a private forum I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to quote the posts here.

For those who are able to access the beta forum I see a few interesting posts were put up yesterday by Kaz and other PD staff addressing a number of things like the server issues, driver markers and how the SR/ghosting systems are working. Since it's a private forum I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to quote the posts here.
There are separate forums for the US and Europe, and those same updates were not posted in the US forums.

Might be they are points that were previously covered on our forum here.

I would recommend NOT quoting details from the private forums in these public forums, as I believe that would violate the terms of the beta agreement.

I have more Gr 3 cars than Gr 4 and N300 combined... And to top it all off there are no events for me, so the beta is literally unplayable...🤬
Yeah, it's a little weird. The events blanked out last night as the races were completed, and new events were never posted.

People have also complained about it in the Beta forums, but no updates so far.

Hoping it's not that they have gotten what they needed from us and decided to close up shop. :lol:

VBR
Actually had some fun last night racing online. Yes there were some bad drivers punting me off the track, & yes there were some idiots who thought they could out brake me & ended up in the barrier. But I quite liked the GTR & Dragaon Tail combo. Even though the track is unrealistic imo, it's still a fun drive, & the cars are so forgiving. Managed to get into 3 races on Big Willow, managed to get in 3 races on Dragan Tail & qualified on pole for all three & won two of them! :D The game is very simcade, but they've still nailed that "fun factor" they always seem to do in every game.
Within a race, what kind of spread do you see in terms of qualifying times, fastest to slowest?

In the US beta, the races that contain the top 10 guys have a pretty big spread of qualifying times. I'm thinking this is due to the fact that there aren't many people online to race. I suspect there are a LOT more people lined up to race in Europe, and that the grid would have a much tighter qualifying time grouping as a result.

i wish they would have communicated something to us about this interruption
i-bkDHwKd.gif

Within a race, what kind of spread do you see in terms of qualifying times, fastest to slowest?

In the US beta, the races that contain the top 10 guys have a pretty big spread of qualifying times. I'm thinking this is due to the fact that there aren't many people online to race. I suspect there are a LOT more people lined up to race in Europe, and that the grid would have a much tighter qualifying time grouping as a result.

Same here. I done a 1'54.1xx qually lap in the GTR on Dragon Tail, & there was only one guy in the 1'54's, the spread went all the way up to over 2 minutes out of 18 drivers.

Well with the US beta client downloaded, you can play on EU account. Just saying.... 💡

I got a code from someone for US beta which I couldn't access, but was able to download. When the EU beta launched (I didn't get an invite), I could normally play on my main EU account with beta downloaded from US account.

With the way most of the races go, that track will be a mess in the beta!
From the previews, it looks like there is almost nowhere, that the course at Sardegna looks well defined.
It doesn't look like roads, or even 'service roads' among the windmills ... there are no defined edges or drainage ... no road.

It looks like a random course laid out on a hillside, with the vegetation worn away where most cars have run.
Of course we've only seen bits, but it seems so wide open, cars are going to be absolutely everywhere.

From the previews, it looks like there is almost nowhere, that the course at Sardegna looks well defined.
It doesn't look like roads, or even 'service roads' among the windmills ... there are no defined edges or drainage ... no road.

It looks like a random course laid out on a hillside, with the vegetation worn away where most cars have run.
Of course we've only seen bits, but it seems so wide open, cars are going to be absolutely everywhere.

I think it looks more like a sad attempt at a RX track than anything else.

That doesn't make sense. works out as 0.09443422524262

I need these converting UK Ride height and Spring Rate.

I think they really shouldnt use so many different measures for setups. Like lbf/kgf/N.. I dont think we need more than two. Makes sharing setups quite a hazzle.

Btw - still laughing at the setups of "simulator" Assetto Corsa console version. :odd:

So much this.

I thought the whole point of GTS was to provide a racing platform for 'everyone', not a platform which means racing stock means you may as well kiss a podium finish goodbye.

I'm pretty aggravated by this to be honest, I wish it was all left on the track to fight for.

Im pretty sure there will be locked setup option in the final version.. There usually is.

Reading this forum just makes me realise what an amazing beta pd released. People rate it like its a full game, and still most are happy.  Cant wait the final version and all the updates. I think this is a PS4 Pro seller for me. 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, there's already people cheating. The top 5 on the Willow N300 qualifying board are between 5-9 seconds faster than the first legitimate times... (best is 1:19 :rolleyes: instead of 1:28, what it should be)

Wow, there's already people cheating. The top 5 on the Willow N300 qualifying board are between 5-9 seconds faster than the first legitimate times... (best is 1:19 :rolleyes: instead of 1:28, what it should be)
i like the fact that this happend in the beta. sure i hate cheater and glitcher and wall-rider and such... but this time, during the beta, im happy it happend. because PD can do something about it for the retail version!
am i right, or do i miss something here!?

i like the fact that this happend in the beta. sure i hate cheater and glitcher and wall-rider and such... but this time, during the beta, im happy it happend. because PD can do something about it for the retail version!
am i right, or do i miss something here!?

True, although one has to hope that they really look at the qualifying times and see that there are exploits to be fixed. I hope they also take some cues as to how to change the BoP...

Back