Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
If your PS4 doesn't have wired internet connection already, get it wired!

It's wired. I only had issues with joining the Dragon Trail races. I was subsequently able to join all Nordschleife races without any issue.

This point system does seem to work. 5 races today. Gr4 was 2nd and 6th clean races. N300 was a mess - pinging, ramming. First gr3 i had some weird issues - my wheel g29 went extremely stiff, the abs seemed to go on and off and every now and then the car (488) just skid off in a curve from very low speed - felt kind of the car bottoming. In the second gr3 race had a very bad spin after few turns. Car spun to grass facing the wrong way - couldnt turn the car without hitting the traffic, so i drove some 20m wrong way on the grass to keep the car moving - result over 16sec of penalty and "disqualified due to total amount of penalty" which went away as soon as i was facing the right way. :odd: drove pretty clean the rest of the race to finnish somewhere 13th,14th, but was able to get 4 more points and driver class from E to D.. :odd:

The points system seems to favor clean driving at the back over agressive racing at the front - which is kinda cool. 👍

Won a couple of races on the Nurb with the Gr.3 Corvette tonight and both were interesting in different ways. In the first race the gap to the 2nd placed car was just .027. In the second race a car was still running a couple of minutes after the rest of the field was finished and, as there is no countdown after the first car crosses the line, we were all disconnected for too long a pause. I had a perfectly clean race with no offs and my SR was rising after each sector but because of the disconnection the increase didn't register. Has this happened anyone else here?

So you gotta move. Easy as pie! ;)
I like that flag system. I want to race for the country I live in/i was born.... can't get any good idea why I would like to represent another country.
Tribute to Senna might be THE one... :)

But im brazilian m8. My main account is only american cause at the time i created it (2008) there wasnt a brazilian psn.

And i like my trophies to change it to another account.

Small thing, but i'd love to be able to change.

Every time I try to go to Sport Mode, it says 'No Events Available.' Last time, I'm going to slack off towards my Daily Workout...

But im brazilian m8. My main account is only american cause at the time i created it (2008) there wasnt a brazilian psn.

I am a US citizen but have lived in Argentina for 16 years. I made a US account in 2008 because there were no Argentine accounts. I also would prefer to be able to choose your flag like you can in Codemasters' games. For lag purposes I generally play racing leagues with South Americans, and it's easier to find people if your flag matches the region you live in. It's so annoying that PD forces us to play with the flag that's on our account.

How many races does it normally take to get to Rank C? Just wondering how far I am off. I have an SR of 42 atm and I've done 9 races, 5 wins and 4 2nds.

How many races does it normally take to get to Rank C? Just wondering how far I am off. I have an SR of 42 atm and I've done 9 races, 5 wins and 4 2nds.
From what I've heard, your qualifying time also impacts it.

I played quite a bit over 2 weekends, had probably 10-12 wins before moving from D to C. And lots of other podiums as well.

One trick though is to look in your profile page, and the ribbon below your driver rating is actually a meter that shows how much progress you have made through your current level. So if that bar is most of the way across from left to right, you are close.

I've read posts about people are apparently cheating or something in the beta? What's up with that?
The reset timer for Willow Springs is awful enough to where you can cut the last two right handers before the straight. Shaves up to 10 seconds off your time.

The corner cutting shenanigans is nothing new. At least its not happening in a GT Academy qualifier if any of you remember that. It became a big moral debate on the forums. How they continue to let these things fall through the cracks is beyond me. I understand we're the ones testing the game, but you have to figure someone at PD would be like "oh! I wonder if my lap time will still be valid if I hang a right through the desert here"

I had 3 races on Dragons Trail, two of which i started on pole and got clumped went to the back of the pack losing loads of SR points in the process, the SR system is a joke.

Anyhow here is my best race from tonights offerings, i started on pole after a bad start not my fault went down to 16th and managed to rescue 6th.

I'm starting to get the fascination with GT games.

The corner cutting shenanigans is nothing new. At least its not happening in a GT Academy qualifier if any of you remember that. It became a big moral debate on the forums. How they continue to let these things fall through the cracks is beyond me. I understand we're the ones testing the game, but you have to figure someone at PD would be like "oh! I wonder if my lap time will still be valid if I hang a right through the desert here"
IMO if you are on the leader board first page because of cheating it should be an instant Ban.

Nah, it just exposes a bug that needs to be fixed. For a game that is positioned as a game for ages 7-77, banning an account of a kid that thought he was being clever would turn them off to the series and possibly even racing and cars for life.
Not if you consider your game an E-sport contender.

This is the beta, not the final version.
It sure is but they need to deal with it. In the mean time the guy is on the top for another day.
I had 3 races on Dragons Trail, two of which i started on pole and got clumped went to the back of the pack losing loads of SR points in the process, the SR system is a joke.

Anyhow here is my best race from tonights offerings, i started on pole after a bad start not my fault went down to 16th and managed to rescue 6th.

I'm starting to get the fascination with GT games.

I dont understand the matchmaking, with 1.33.700 and 44 SP I'm on the same race with guys at1,31s and I'm 9-13 on the grid with no real chance of geting even in the top 5. I think I have do drop my SP points to have any winning chance.

Never thought of that. Granted!
;)

It sure is but they need to deal with it. In the mean time the guy is on the top for another day.

I dont understand the matchmaking, with 1.33.700 and 44 SP I'm on the same race with guys at1,31s and I'm 9-13 on the grid with no real chance of geting even in the top 5. I think I have do drop my SP points to have any winning chance.

Matchmaking and SR system won't fully work with this limited pool of players. Don't think too hard about winning - just have races and try to be clean. That's the main purpose of the BETA - to provide PD with data.

The people who are getting top times by "cheating" are actually the ones who are providing the best testing data. This is the stuff you want exposed before release. PD should be thanking them for finding this stuff before they release the game. Others just need to make sure it is reported through the official channels not just on GTPlanet forums.

Matchmaking and SR system won't fully work with this limited pool of players. Don't think too hard about winning - just have races and try to be clean. That's the main purpose of the BETA - to provide PD with data.
I don't need to be reminded that its a BETA just I think to really test it you have to take it serious. Now its the time to balance everything out.

Just got todays car, they've given me another gr.3 M6, i don't want another M6 i don't use the one i've got.

17951891_1565137410237026_5583727647000073616_n.jpg

Back