Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
First race done. What a joke. Just to be rammed one by one fron 2nd to 2nd to last. Why do the rammers even bother.. :irked:

Rammers = kiddies or trolls.

Only way I have really found is to get DR and SR up and it shouldn't have much issues with those bad drivers.

It's a beta. These people are pushing the limits of the existing systems, meaning it's more likely that Polyphony will know about these exploits before the game launches, increasing the chances of them being fixed.

Sure, it's annoying from a gameplay perspective. But would you rather this not be found until after release?

Smoothest race I've had so far on GTS. Get on there tonight and see if it's changed for you.
Had a race 20 minutes ago, was super smooth for me too, the opponents cars didnt slide around like they usually did, evrything ran perfect, the first time i saw that in GT Sport (and 5 and 6) 👍

At least it seemed so to me during the race, have to look at my recorded footage to see if it was really that smooth.

Just had my first gr.4 win at dragontail in the Genesis, had a tough time fighting off a sea of GTRs who all overtook me at the start, probably like 5 or 6 GTRs in the same turn. Had a good battle against first place for a couple laps until he messed up the last chicane on the final lap 👍

EDIT: In terms of performance I didn't notice any lag during the entire race, the collision detection was on point and I had an easy time predicting when the person in front would brake (but thats more from the player, not the server).

Last edited:
Maybe shutting down the US servers is helping.
But our actual races are not at the same time anyhow.

It would only be whatever traffic is home during the middle of the day and wants to hotlap/qualify/tune.

First podium :gtpflag: Was 2nd after lap 1, but on last chikane I somehow ended on the wall.... Very clean race.

upload_2017-4-18_20-59-20.jpeg

Three races around Dragon this evening. 7th, 7th and 12th in the Megane. Guess which car won all three races? I'm losing interest in this already.

It's a beta. These people are pushing the limits of the existing systems, meaning it's more likely that Polyphony will know about these exploits before the game launches, increasing the chances of them being fixed.

Sure, it's annoying from a gameplay perspective. But would you rather this not be found until after release?

Yes yes, much better to expose these things now than say, during something important like GT Academy final qualy round, like has happened previously.

I was hoping the races were gone last night because they were going to give us an update that fixed this. Probably takes several days to get new code through all the release certification though. They could just not use WS for now.

Three races around Dragon this evening. 7th, 7th and 12th in the Megane. Guess which car won all three races? I'm losing interest in this already.
Think of it as multi-class racing, and your participation as a doing PD a favor 👍

It was kind of a bummer having no shot at winning N300 at Nurburgring with my TTS, but there were other equally paced guys in the same situation that I could duke it out with that made it really rewarding anyhow.

I haven't been able to join any race so far today. Always getting the disconnect error... So it sounds like it's running smoother for some, at the expense of others not being able to join
If your PS4 doesn't have wired internet connection already, get it wired!

First podium :gtpflag: Was 2nd after lap 1, but on last chikane I somehow ended on the wall.... Very clean race.

View attachment 641983
In races I had today with those times the winner would be out of the first 10.
As for the cheaters at willow the leader board top guy pulled this **** just in front of me...
Don't be to lazy guys to not report bugs/cheaters otherwise we end up with a game like that in retail!

Wish PD allowed us to change our flags like codemasters do.

Wanna race with the brazilian flag so bad :(
So you gotta move. Easy as pie! ;)
I like that flag system. I want to race for the country I live in/i was born.... can't get any good idea why I would like to represent another country.
Tribute to Senna might be THE one... :)

Finally did some races today. Only got one Group 4 race in, in an SLS AMG that is rather good on Dragon Trail, but got two good races in Group 3, the second of which I won. The 4C I used is far, far better than the RS01 I got when I first started the game.

But N300 is what I'd like to do. Mostly this is because I think the Genesis I got for it at the start is pretty great. I got a Megane and Focus for it as well, but what I really want, in any of the classes really, is a 4WD car. Those are what I can stretch myself in the most.

Sure enough, I got one today...and it was a frickin' Subaru.

Still...there's always tomorrow.

Interesting. First I race 5 races in N300 and Gr.4 and SR doesn't move an inch, although I managed to stay out of trouble as much as possible (although sometimes being crashed into). Then I do 3 races in Gr.3 at the Ring and my SR jumps from 42 to 49.

Car classes may effect SR in different ways.

Back