Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
The beta could be lasting this long to better gauge when the release will be.

At the risk of being that guy, possibly the beta keeps players happy while they wait for the real game. Kind of like the logic behind GT5P. I'm not sure how much they should really be learning at this point if the game is truly in beta, and so I'd lean towards them keeping it going for the sake of pleasing the gamers. Once they turn it off I think people will want a release date pretty quick smart.

At the risk of being that guy, possibly the beta keeps players happy while they wait for the real game. Kind of like the logic behind GT5P. I'm not sure how much they should really be learning at this point if the game is truly in beta, and so I'd lean towards them keeping it going for the sake of pleasing the gamers. Once they turn it off I think people will want a release date pretty quick smart.

Partly that, but they do also seem to be perfecting the ranking and matchmaking system. Their most recent update (last weekend) significantly improved the matchmaking, making races much closer, and the SR, now more minor bumps and hits seem to lose you SR and the racing seems cleaner.

@Imari If it was a "true" beta, there should be longer races, night races or rain, with pitstop... I mean, am I the only one surprised that Poly introduced a WIP track? Of all the tracks they could give us, a gorgeous track to show that Poly is still the king of graphics like SS Route 11 on PS1 or Seattle on PS2. Nothing against Dragon Trail, I like the layout. The game is not ready, they need more time and at best we can expect a November release as the big game for holidays.

I'm so over the beta now. Haven't played for weeks. And if physics, track boundaries and SR don't change before release I can see my cancelling my Collectors Edition pre order. E3 can't come soon enough so we get more info.
I'm a bit saddened by how quickly the beta faded for me after being desperate for an invite. I really want to see some more information about how the overall package looks rather than doing the same events over and over again.

I'm sorry I haven't been following, but have there been any more around-the-clock Sport Mode events, or events with locked tunes aside from the oval?

s there any news about EU codes or open beta

I don't think EU codes went out since the initial code dump on the Wednesday before the the beta began.

As for the Open Beta, I feel like it'd be after the Asia beta, which started today.
If we look at the beta release schedule, each territory got it near the end of the month; US got codes at the middle/end of March, EU in the middle of April, and now Japan in the middle of May.

That would mean that the open beta would potentially be in the middle of June (12-18th?), which would coincide with E3.

That gives me the shivers. If they make it an open beta, I would have my doubts.

For those who have the EU Beta, does the language change on the ps4 system? If so then can you try changing your language to Japanese, Russian and Arabic and then post the results with an image? Because no matter the language set to my ps4, the US Beta stays in English no matter what.

Please don't ask me why. :P

Back