Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Mar 9, 2017.

1. snowgt

snowgt

Got the N300 Lancer finally today as my 33rd car, slapped a setup on from the thread here, did 2 flying laps on Nordschleife as quali, didn't lose any positions at the start for the first time, won 2/2 races, the first of which was exclusively Lancers & TTS's (still don't have the TTS), and in the second I think there was 1 other car. It's good I can finally compete after a month, and yet ... I feel kind of empty when I should feel elated.

Doesn't help I don't particularly enjoy driving the Evo.

Johnnypenso and PzR Slim like this.
  2. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

It really is going to make or break the game. If they don't get the BOP right it will be a disaster.

Imari, daan and queleuleu like this.
  3. queleuleu

queleuleu

That and also the car setups. I want to play the daily races like a quickmatch, I don't want to spend my time in car setup.

CodeCmdr, Firehuntah, snowgt and 2 others like this.
  4. Bobert power

Bobert power

Anyone else sick of seeing a sea of GT-R Gr.4's at every Gr.4 race? I hope they tweak the BOP so this won't happen in the final release.

Quakebass, Firehuntah and TurismoBad like this.
  5. snowgt

snowgt

Totally agree.

1) The BOP's are off by quite a lot. They need to do a better job of getting the cars even.

2) If they base the BOP on the default setup, then they shouldn't allow altering the setup, because every car has a different potential gain in lap time. Sooner or later, someone is going to find those potentials and the BOP would be off again.

3) No standing starts should be used, if drivetrains can differ in a given car class. If you qualify in hypothetically perfectly BOP'd cars over a flying lap, and you happen to be the poor guy in the FF-car facing a 4WD, kiss your grid position good bye! Just wouldn't be fair, and would result in everyone picking 4WD cars as they do now, because who wouldn't opt for the free gain in position at the start? (apart from the fact that the 4WD's currently are the fastest N300 and Gr.4 cars by BOP on top of that)

Quakebass, bremics, queleuleu and 3 others like this.
  6. Imari

Imari

Especially if they're still going to push for a manufacturers cup. The manufacturers who don't have AWD cars in their lineup will be pissed.

PzR Slim likes this.
  7. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

Got code without PS+, didn't have PS4 either when received code.

oneloops likes this.
  8. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

I used to have A ranked SR but thanks to something similar happens below:
    My SR got red and went back to B...:grumpy:
    Probably not at the same race but similar results, almost everyone dropped in SR especially due to the first corner were it became a mess.

9. Tassie_tiger

Tassie_tiger

I've just been reminded, in a roundabout way, of the GT Academy.
    And thinking about it, should it be run in 2017, the regular time schedule is closing in.

What would be the odds of the beta running for a month in Asian countries, then being opened to all and sundry for free download, and the Academy being held that way?

I know the Academy being run via a supposed beta test seems odd, but time-wise, what other options are available other than another year of live events only?

I know that's a truck load of assumptions, but just putting it out there. ;)

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    outofspace and Johnnypenso like this.
  10. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

In the races I've entered, 90% were safe and respectful driving, so I've been lucky so far.

I kinda thing the US folk are more behaved.

vallie1234 likes this.
  11. Haitauer

Haitauer

You dont have the red and yellow for one.. :lol:

Pretty aggressive racers..

steefpeef and BrainsBush like this.
  12. CodeCmdr

CodeCmdr

Agreed. I hope they have a lot of fixed setup online races.

Johnnypenso and queleuleu like this.
  13. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

Gr.3 races at Northen Isle Speedway and Blue Moon Bay have fixed setup and usually have higher power figures.

You probably know this already but i'm just pointing it out for those who don't.

14. Spurgy 777

Spurgy 777

They seem to have improved the matching making, had some pretty close races with @Firehuntah and @Lord Protector today at Brands in the Gr.4s. The entire field pretty much had a DR of A and SR of S and in the last race the top 5 were covered by just 0.2 seconds.

15. vcx

vcx

Hi everyone! Today is the last gift car day of the beta for EU. Totally 36 cars are given since the beta started. I really don't have an idea about what will going to happen from now? I hope that next phase will be more enjoyable for us.

16. Spurgy 777

Spurgy 777

You will just keep getting duplicates of what you already have. Lots of people already have way more than 36 cars because there's a glitch you can do to get them faster.

17. vcx

vcx

I can't read all of the messages sorry for that. Just wanted to share my expectations etc.. Even I know how can a gamer use the glitch and get the cars, I only have done it normally without glitch. Thanks anyway.

18. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Same track/group combos in the US beta for the 2nd day in a row :(

GTP Ziggy likes this.
  19. queleuleu

queleuleu

And no Tokyo track since the last update? Already two months for the beta, it's pretty long for simply stressing the servers?

Imari likes this.
  20. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

I'm enjoying the beta so I'm fine with that :lol:

k12power likes this.
  21. KennyL74

KennyL74

I've just got my daily reward car, it's my 2nd GR.3 Alfa 4C, the beta could be coming to an end.

[​IMG]

22. Sjaak

Sjaak Moderator

In Europe we have the same track/car combo for a week.
    Is that different in the US beta?

23. Mr P

Mr P

Hi Sjaak, long time no see mate ;) Apparently the events change twice a week worldwide on a Friday and a Monday irrc? The events the US are running now will be updated to us tomorrow and whatever new events the US get updated to tomorrow?? we will get those on Monday and so on.. Basically we get them when the US has done with them ;)

maybe wrong on the days but that's roughly how it works :tup:

Sjaak likes this.
  24. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

IIRC during the media cup weekend, they'd change daily. I really want GT3s at the Nuburgring.

GordonS and Sjaak like this.
  25. Spurgy 777

Spurgy 777

My first race in N300s today and most people are using the Audi, think I'm slowly converting people, it's taken me a couple of weeks but I'm getting there :p Need to improve my time to convince the top guys it seems though.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  26. Mr P

Mr P

The Audi TT is eluding my garage :irked: every day I have waited with fingers crossed and it's yet to make an appearance.. playing hard to get with me :D

27. Outspacer

Outspacer

I've been a fan since 1.05 update :) The one thing I haven't liked about it is how Evo drivers seem to think they have a right to pass! Seriously though, I'm finding Evo's hard to defend against, and harder to pass, even though lap times are roughly on par now.

k12power likes this.
  28. CorvetteConquer

CorvetteConquer

I think I've talked too much :censored: on here, because I haven't gotten the beta invite. Still. Residing in U.S.A.

Pfei and AudiMan2011 like this.
  29. Gunma36

Gunma36

I think I got every car in the game, no doubles, I wonder how long is the beta going to last now. And that track selection is sooo boring...

30. So it's been 8 weeks. It wasn't expected to be any longer than 3 or so weeks. There's no telling whether three months (no more than 12 weeks) will be the cutoff or if E3 will be the setting for the release date announcement. The beta could be lasting this long to better gauge when the release will be.

Imari likes this.