Gran Turismo Sport Cross Over To A Real Simulator To Satisfy The Wheel Market

• Thread starter Junkman55
  • 597 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This certainly appears to be the most accurate thing you've said so far.
a0hsRu.gif

I for the first time about 7 years ago I saw a sim racing and review video on a YouTube video called Inside Sim Racing. That was when I thought Sim Racing is what I was looking for to take the void of my retiring from 15 years of real Kart Racing. I enjoyed Karting for a personal experience and to do with my kids, It was the best time of my life and I miss it the most.
One of the things I want to point out about the YouTube video of about 7years ago it was called Inside Sim Racing , “NOT” INSIDE GAMER RACING.
If you want to be called a Gamer in your sim racing that is fine with me. But maybe it time to think outside your box the box is growing up.

Last edited:
I for the first time about 7 years ago I saw a sim racing and review video on a YouTube video called Inside Sim Racing. That was when I thought Sim Racing is what I was looking for to take the void of my retiring from 15 years of real Kart Racing. I enjoyed Karting for a personal experience and to do with my kids, It was the best time of my life and I miss it the most.
One of the things I want to point out about the YouTube video of about 7years ago it was called Inside Sim Racing , “NOT” INSIDE GAMER RACING.
If you want to be called a Gamer in your sim racing that is fine with me. But maybe it time to think outside your box the box is growing up.
That would be the same ISR channel that's about car racing GAMES and GAMING steering wheels and GAME seats. :sly:

ISR.png

https://www.isrtv.com/

Last edited:
This Tweet from NASCAR champion (and VW Beetle owner) Daniel Suarez sums up my thoughts nicely:

Real racing is not the same as sim racing, hence those are video games.

Last edited:
real racing is overrated.

- tyre wear is x 1
- the slipstream is really realistic
- your competitiors know the track
- your competitiors can't use you as a cornering assist
- you have a biological penalty system
- If someone is lagging, then you had taken something you shouldn't
- if you perform bad -> you can choose out of a bunch of excuses (setup was not perfect today, car struggles this track, weather was bad, tyres didnt get on temperature, mechanic was weird, car had vibrations... on and on)
- you can insult anybody after the race

real racing is overrated.

- tyre wear is x 1
- the slipstream is really realistic
- your competitiors know the track
- your competitiors can't use you as a cornering assist
- you have a biological penalty system
- If someone is lagging, then you had taken something you shouldn't
- if you perform bad -> you can choose out of a bunch of excuses (setup was not perfect today, car struggles this track, weather was bad, tyres didnt get on temperature, mechanic was weird, car had vibrations... on and on)
- you can insult anybody after the race

I’ve only ever watched one real race before, and it was pretty boring, save for the last 2/3 laps. So I’m in full agreement here. 👍

Last edited:
That would be the same ISR channel that's about car racing GAMES and GAMING steering wheels and GAME seats. :sly:

View attachment 1004055

https://www.isrtv.com/

Here is one of the videos that help make my decision to pick PS4 PRO and GTS for Sim Racing or PC with triple monitors for IRacing. I wondered what you would do if you had the choice 7 to 10 years ago to start building a Simulator for online racing??

Last edited:
Real simulator rigs are inside factories and HQs of racing teams, they're used for training and practice purposes towards their real racing career. They're not used for fun and entertainment.

Gran Turismo, and any other software you can buy off a shelf are sold as video games. They're video games, even if the genre is simulating something in real life. If you play them, you're a gamer. You could even elevate your status to "pro gamer" if you play it professionally, but you're still a gamer who plays racing simulation games.

Last edited:
Here is one of the videos that help make my decision to pick PS4 PRO and GTS for Sim Racing or PC with triple monitors for IRacing. I wondered what you would do if you had the choice 7 to 10 years ago to start building a Simulator for online racing??

What does any of that have to do with the fact that I even showed you that the channel you hold in such high regard (ISR) even uses the terms game and gaming to describe what we do? ISR even goes against your point of view on this! Deal with it gamer!

And I've already told you I bought a T500 10 years ago (25th August 2011). Look it up on ISR. Their review of it is in their Gaming Steering Wheel section.

Last edited:

Jesus, not this again.

Once again, for the cheap seats, sim racing is a video game genre.

It's really, really not complicated at all. You are (we all are) both sim racers and gamers, the denial on display here is quite frankly weapons grade.

What does any of that have to do with the fact that I even showed you that the channel you hold in such high regard (ISR) even uses the terms game and gaming to describe what we do? ISR even goes against your point of view on this! Deal with it gamer!

And I've already told you I bought a T500 10 years ago (25th August 2011). Look it up on ISR. Their review of it is in their Gaming Steering Wheel section.
Was ISR the influence why you bought theT500 or was their another’s review that made you drop $500?

Jesus, not this again.

Once again, for the cheap seats, sim racing is a video game genre.

It's really, really not complicated at all. You are (we all are) both sim racers and gamers, the denial on display here is quite frankly weapons grade.
You just said the magic words “we are all both sim racers and gamers.” That is what it is , for anyone who uses GTS on their Sony console can be both. Thank you !

I can't use a wheel to play sim racers, so does that make me a gamer? The idea that only the hardcore players with all the equipment can play sim racers is dumb. No one is forcing you to do it and nor should developers limit themselves to such a small audience. Why isolate people like me who want to experience the best games on a controller?

I can't use a wheel to play sim racers, so does that make me a gamer? The idea that only the hardcore players with all the equipment can play sim racers is dumb. No one is forcing you to do it and nor should developers limit themselves to such a small audience. Why isolate people like me who want to experience the best games on a controller?

And besides, even the most po-faced sims can't claim to be true sims until the game gains the capability of causing legitimate bodily harm in the event of crashes.

And besides, even the most po-faced sims can't claim to be true sims until the game gains the capability of causing legitimate bodily harm in the event of crashes.

Not to mention the financial realities of racing. If you thought the grinding in GT was bad before, just wait until you have to grind a simulated 9 to 5 job just to do a single club race in a 20 year old MX5! :dopey:

You have literally spent weeks claiming to not be a gamer!

Literally!

Weeks!

If Gamers and Sim Drivers can use the same software why is it a problem what they call themselves, you said we are both correct. Why is there a problem if I call myself a Sim Driver. I built a driving simulator that I can afford to race online Not to play games

Last edited:
If Gamers and Sim Drivers can use the same software why is it a problem what they call themselves, you said we are both correct. Why is there a problem if I call myself a Sim Driver. I built a driving simulator that I can afford to race online Not to play games
Driving sims are a genre of video games, if you play them you are a gamer.

To think, you almost got it, almost.

If Gamers and Sim Drivers can use the same software why is it a problem what they call themselves, you said we are both correct. Why is there a problem if I call myself a Sim Driver. I built a driving simulator that I can afford to race online. Not to play games
You do you. Hopefully alone. The rest of the world knows the difference. Including Sony and retailers aka the people who make all the money.

Maybe a visual reference might help you,

Games
tesco-gaming-01.jpg

Automotive
5b646a8ee361c037008b4976

Are you really going to enjoy the racing any less because you call it a game vs calling it a sim? Apples are still apples, even if you call them potatoes. 👍

This! Finally we got here. It's not s problem. If you want to call yourself a SIM racer go right ahead, if you like to call yourself the Emperor of the Universe, Zaphood Beetlebrox, go right ahead.
The problem we have been having for weeks is that you seemingly, in tone and language, look down on anyone that doesn't do it your way and belittle them. Even if s large part of them could out-race you 7 days a week.
No one objects to you calling yourself a SIM racer, it is the other part that's the problem.

This! Finally we got here. It's not s problem. If you want to call yourself a SIM racer go right ahead, if you like to call yourself the Emperor of the Universe, Zaphood Beetlebrox, go right ahead.
The problem we have been having for weeks is that you seemingly, in tone and language, look down on anyone that doesn't do it your way and belittle them. Even if s large part of them could out-race you 7 days a week.
No one objects to you calling yourself a SIM racer, it is the other part that's the problem.
Excuse me sir but Zaphop Beeblebrox was president of the galaxy, not emperor.

Are you really going to enjoy the racing any less because you call it a game vs calling it a sim? Apples are still apples, even if you call them potatoes. 👍

Maybe you are on to something Apple is the name of a computer that using a different OS then a PC computer. They are “BOTH” using the same internet. You could say the only difference is there OS. We call the people who use them by different names Mac user and PC user. Why is there so much out cry to make me a gamer, when I use Simulator controls in a competition race against other drivers , why can I not be called a Sim Driver. That can be said for the DS4 user why can’t they be called Sim Drivers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back