Gran Turismo Sport Cross Over To A Real Simulator To Satisfy The Wheel Market

• Thread starter Junkman55
  • 597 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So would the thousands of people I can race with anytime. 10-20 people is hardly a thriving community. It’s exactly what I said, a ghost town. :lol:

You don’t even have a sport race completed in GTS, how can you even judge the game honestly? Judging it by the offline mode that was thrown in after the fact to placate offline gamers is no way to judge this game.
You might want to look back at my posts from many years gone by. I was a supporter of PD. What does it matter if I have no online races. My brother has/had it. My son has/ had it. I tried it and thought is was terrible. Looking at other threads about how bad online is why do you think I don't play it. How many posts of how bad online penalties are doesn't get the point across of how bad this game is. A thriving community? Of what 10 year olds smashing into you? You call that thriving! The 10 to 20 people I race with "Daily" are the same people I raced with back in GT5/6. They don't play GT Sport anymore because of said reasons. I've raced with the same people daily for 10 years. No clowns smashing into us,no worry about a rotating penalty system that clearly hasn't worked. We can share set-ups of cars. Real world track and cars,not some fictional track,fictional car. I could go on for hour's. Anyway enjoy your game.

You might want to look back at my posts from many years gone by. I was a supporter of PD. What does it matter if I have no online races. My brother has/had it. My son has/ had it. I tried it and thought is was terrible. Looking at other threads about how bad online is why do you think I don't play it. How many posts of how bad online penalties are doesn't get the point across of how bad this game is. A thriving community? Of what 10 year olds smashing into you? You call that thriving! The 10 to 20 people I race with "Daily" are the same people I raced with back in GT5/6. They don't play GT Sport anymore because of said reasons. I've raced with the same people daily for 10 years. No clowns smashing into us,no worry about a rotating penalty system that clearly hasn't worked. We can share set-ups of cars. Real world track and cars,not some fictional track,fictional car. I could go on for hour's. Anyway enjoy your game.

Then why are you still lurking and replying to GTS threads if it’s such a bad game? :lol: Are the whole 10 people you race with daily not interesting enough to keep your attention? ;)

Also, video game tuning sucks terribly. You end up with unrealistic tunes that just exploit flaws in a games physics, regardless of the game.

Last edited:
Looking at other threads about how bad online is why do you think I don't play it.

And here we are, posting about a game that is 3+ years old, still playing almost every day with more than enough players to fill lobbies.

The hard and honest truth is that the online racing in this game, is the best to be had on ANY console, if it was as bad as you make it out to be it would be dead and gone.

But you do realize all those things you said about your niche little group can be done without the penalty system don't you?

Private lobbies are still a there in GTS so you can tune away to your hearts content, share those tunes and race more real world cars that are not just race cars on about the same amount of real world tracks (I dare say if you count variants then GTS will win out).

It's different in that you have a tight little group whereas others may not. They can't just jump into a ghost town and race on the more niche games, but they can in GTS. They're both just very different games with very different markets... neither of which is better or worse. That experience is dependant on the person playing and what they're looking for in a racing game.

Last edited:
You still don't get it. We are not complaining about the penalty system because we think the game is bad, we complain because we love it and want it to better.
I got about 1500 sport mode races across my accounts and I have quit three - 3 - times. What does that say?
I' m sure that if you hop over to the iRacing or ACC part of the forum you can find people of the same opinion so you can pat each others backs.

Last edited:
I don't know how relevant this is but there is an area of the 401 near me that becomes spinout central (if driving at a certain speed or higher) after a snowstorm. I've spun out there twice. Once, when I was racing to a lady friend's place after the bars had closed, and once when I was taking a couple of buddies home at around 4am.

Both times, I made an incredible save. My friends who were in the car the one time still give me props for my quick reactions to save the car and maybe us, too.

Anyway, this was years ago, when I was playing Gran Turismo 4 (?) with a controller all the time and I am 100% certain it was because of that.

So idk about advantages or disadvantages but I never went to driving school. I never had an instructor teach me how to drive in icy conditions. But, if you ask me, using a controller is pretty damn similar to using a wheel.

I use a wheel and I'm faster because of it but there is a fantastic Siege player on PC named PriesT who uses a controller and he wins all the time. Against mouse and keyboard players and there is no aim assist in that game. The guy simply has a ridiculous amount of skill. So why would anyone want to deny a controller user from flexing on us wheel plebs?

Is it now? Who decided that it should be harder? The game is built for accessibility primarily. Making it harder and the player base would dwindle..
It's just arcade approach. For "real" games you need options. Why Forza can have at least something optional? It's much better because I know better what I like. It's not about harder or easier but playing games your way. Default in ACC is with GT assists too but you can disable it if you want.

Most problematic part is a wheel has less assists than a gamepad so it's not fair to compare it.

But GT has "aim assist" and that's important. Gamepad is easier than it should in "the real driving simulator".
You know what, I have seen some questionable things. I've seen controller users do things that I know for a fact that I couldn't get away with on a wheel but I still believe they're at a disadvantage. And if they stick to driving like that, and ever do buy a wheel, they'll have a lot of learning to do.

Like someone asked earlier, how many A+ drivers use a gamepad? I'm guessing the ones who do know all about the fundamentals, like following the racing line.

Last edited:
You know what, I have seen some questionable things. I've seen controller users do things that I know for a fact that I couldn't get away with on a wheel but I still believe they're at a disadvantage. And if they stick to driving like that, and ever do buy a wheel, they'll have a lot of learning to do.

Like someone asked earlier, how many A+ drivers use a gamepad? I'm guessing the ones who do know all about the fundamentals, like following the racing line.

I’d be willing to bet that there are more A+ pad drivers in GTS, than there are A+ wheel drivers. 👍

Last edited:
No, I know what BOP is - I've written several articles on the GTPlanet homepage about the subject. I'm asking what the phrase "separates BOP", which appears in your post, means.

Once again, we're at the point where either English isn't your first language - explaining your absolute mangling of it - or you're just trolling.

Are you sure it's not some bored programmer testing a bot of some sort? The title is just random words thrown together, even translated it's weird click bait.

If OP's post history is correct, they're from Long Island, NY.

This is, of course, meaningless but does lend some credence to the theory of a masterful trolling. That, or a general lack of online etiquette.

We are past the point where we can reasonably expect you to change your mind about something you don't like and I have no problem with that.

What I don't understand is that you are not able to see it from the other side and acknowledge the evidence presented to you.

Pointing to an active thread about a 3 year old game where the games penalty system is discussed, analyzed and most importantly the frustration is shared only proofs that this game is alive and kicking.

Because it's so good we play and enjoy it despite its numerous flaws.

No, I know what BOP is - I've written several articles on the GTPlanet homepage about the subject. I'm asking what the phrase "separates BOP", which appears in your post, means.

Once again, we're at the point where either English isn't your first language - explaining your absolute mangling of it - or you're just trolling.

I am impressed you wrote opinions in GTPlanet homepage on BOP , can I ask did Sony or any people from the creators of GTS call you for help to make changes to the BOP rules because of your opinions ?

I am American my first language is how I communicate with other Americans.

You call me a Troll a word made up in the 1990s by I think by an American in a internet chatroom who could not debate his or her opinions so one of the two said you are a troll. If that the best you got , I am disappointed.

I am impressed you wrote opinions in GTPlanet homepage on BOP , can I ask did Sony or any people from the creators of GTS call you for help to make changes to the BOP rules because of your opinions ?
Articles, not opinions.
I am American my first language is how I communicate with other Americans.
Even that isn't in English.
You call me a Troll a word made up in the 1990s by I think by an American in a internet chatroom who could not debate his or her opinions so one of the two said you are a troll. If that the best you got , I am disappointed.
Troll is a Germanic word of probably around 14th Century origin, meaning a monster, though it may date back further to a Norse word meaning witchcraft. In the more modern sense it dates to the 16th Century and is a corruption of "trawl", referring to the practice of drawing a baited line through water to catch fish - later becoming the general concept of leaving bait to catch what you're trying to catch; the internet version is simply someone who posts rubbish (bait) in order to catch people.

What you're typing here on GTPlanet is terrible, badly thought-out opinions crafted in disjointed gibberish, and whenever anyone responds to you all they get back is more of the same. Either English isn't your first language, which is why you are mangling it so dreadfully, or you're simply trolling for the reactions.

by I think by
I'm not sure that's even an American phrase.

In any event as Famine pointed out, the origination of the word troll as in internet troll, was due to people mistaking the words troll and trolling as the same thing, which they were not. Originally someone was a troller or trolling, this was abreviated by some who also had a failure to grasp the English language into troll on the incorrect assumption that troller and trolling had something to do with trolls (they don't).

Also of note is that this entire thread serves no purpose that I can see beyond trolling. Not a single point you've raised that I can recall appears to have a shred of logic.

Anyway, just so as to increase the chances you get anything from this post, me Dave you nonsensical.

One final point, shouldn't Polyphony add a race where people have to reverse around a track? Nothing says great car control like reversing around corners at speed.

Last edited:
I’d be willing to bet that there are more A+ pad drivers in GTS, than there are A+ wheel drivers. 👍
I'd bet a sizable amount of money that most of those who complain about pad users don't have DR A or higher.

Also while GTS might not be the best at many things it's the undisputed champion of the most important quality you need in order to be popular: accessibility.

No other game is as accessible as GTS. Nobody does dailies and FIA as easily as GTS does, click a button and you're racing! There's always people on to race with, all tracks in the game are readily available as are the cars (although some require a bit of playtime/credits to unlock).

In other games content is gated behind real money, there's not a lot of people online for pickup races like dailies, their equivalents to FIA are gated behind sign-ups and driver rating requirements.

Anybody in GTS can race FIA at any levels and find full lobbies consistently.

Anybody in GTS can race dailies at any levels and find full lobbies consistently.

It's also completely playable on a pad which means anyone with a PS4/5 can do it instead of the select few with the right perhiperals.

April_1_Update.jpg

@Junkman55

That is disappointing, Gran Turismo has always been about accessibility 👎. I suppose if it's what the community have asked for we'll have to see how the racing is.

I’m assuming that’s a photoshop, right?

Last edited:
Wheels have a pretty big advantage at the moment anyway. Anybody who has spent thousands on a sim setup really should be having their own private battle in the elite club at the front.

Edit: I do like the suggestion though, for FIA at least splitting the input devices into separate races would give the controller users the opportunity to score points.

Here's a comparative controller Vs wheel in project cars 1, a sim wich isn't "famous" to be "controller friendly" as GT SPORT is.
And full manual cars isn't allowed in sport mode to play with manual clutch and shifter for wheel players ,wich is the advantage of a wheel

So, I'm a wheel player, but everyone is welcome online, pad racers, wheel racers or even keyboard racers, ONLY thing important is not to try to win the race in the first corner and play clean and respectful following a minimum Racing etiquette independent of what type of control you use...

In Pcars games, in special events you can see with which kind of control the player did the lap in the leaderboard, which is fine,but all can play together, and should stay like that even in accesibles to the mass Sims as GT SPORT to hardcore Sims as iracing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back