Gran Turismo Sport End of Life Announced for January 31 2024

• Thread starter Famine
  • 357 comments
Well this is it guys, in about 5-6 hours, the online server for GT sport will be going to the gravesite. I will miss all the fun and action of the daily races from all over the world! A huge thank you for PD providing all the time trial events and all the races provided to keep us all pre-occupied. We are a wonderful community and we deserve to have fun in the GT world!

Last edited:
Not even close gt7 has campared to gt sport,
1 full vr support witch is a game changer, gt sport only had it in arcade race against 1 other car with much lower graphics
2 gt7 has dynamic wheather gt sport dosen’t
3 gt7 has gt auto witch offer much more customize options that gt sport has none off
4 gt7 has upgrade shop with parts not avaialble in gt sport quite boring with just a slider and you cant upgrade the brake in gt sport witch made road cars a pain
5 gt sport classes is a disaster very unbalanced every gr,x car was completly useless,
gt7 is not perfect but pp system works far better
6 neither had a good single player. gt sport still slighly worse, things like licences missons and circuit experinces was way to easy to gold,
7 the ai is not good in either, but at least gt7 has the option with sophy witch is still not where it needs to be but better at least,
8 outside of boast thing the customraces is better in gt7 as you can create and race against any cars you want witch is not feature i seen in racing game on consoles since forza motorsport 4,

so no gt sport is not even close to match gt7, the advantages is more than a little in favor to gt7
Can you read? I was talking about CREATE RACE MODE. (Which is a win for GTS because boost off means off. In GT7 it is on all the time even with Sophy. That alone is enough to ruin the mode.

Since I own both of them I know GT7 is better but not in everything. Unlike you who never misses an opportunity to have a go at Forza Motorsport without owning it!

Last edited:
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20240130165601.png

Feels weird seeing this notice 2 whole years later despite knowing exactly what its for.

Not even close gt7 has campared to gt sport,
1 full vr support witch is a game changer, gt sport only had it in arcade race against 1 other car with much lower graphics
2 gt7 has dynamic wheather gt sport dosen’t
3 gt7 has gt auto witch offer much more customize options that gt sport has none off
4 gt7 has upgrade shop with parts not avaialble in gt sport quite boring with just a slider and you cant upgrade the brake in gt sport witch made road cars a pain
5 gt sport classes is a disaster very unbalanced every gr,x car was completly useless,
gt7 is not perfect but pp system works far better
6 neither had a good single player. gt sport still slighly worse, things like licences missons and circuit experinces was way to easy to gold,
7 the ai is not good in either, but at least gt7 has the option with sophy witch is still not where it needs to be but better at least,
8 outside of boast thing the customraces is better in gt7 as you can create and race against any cars you want witch is not feature i seen in racing game on consoles since forza motorsport 4,

so no gt sport is not even close to match gt7, the advantages is more than a little in favor to gt7
Don't know why you came to this thread just to beat on an already dead game if you hate it so much, but anyway, here are a few things GTS does better than GT7 in my opinion:

1. No need to buy every tyre compound for every car (joined a manufacturer race but forgot to buy rain tyres in GT7? Haha good luck crawling around the track on slicks).
2. Easy to set BOP with % sliders (in GT7 you either need to enable BOP which is not available in every mode, or mix match parts yourself especially with road cars).
3. GT Mode better set up with races grouped by event instead of tracks (GT7 did add the summary page but it should've been like that from release).
4. No dynamic weather is a disadvantage but on the plus side you don't have to worry about setting conditions exactly the same when practicing for a race. Also not worried about wind direction affecting lap times in qualifying TT.
5. All cars available to buy at all times. None of these slow rotating dealerships or invitations BS. Reasonable car prices unlike GT7 where they jacked up everything to match real life inflation and shove MTX down our throats.
6. No need to worry about oil/engine/chassis maintenance.
7. It tracks your number of changes and wins per car in garage.
8. Applying liveries can be done from garage, much quicker and easier.
9. You can view and change car settings without switching into the car.
10. You can revert settings to default easily with a button (no way to do this in GT7 except create a completely new menu sheet).
11. Menus much faster if you're on PS4. Also subjectively much cleaner and usable design than the nostalgic but clunky world map.
12. Better menu music. And it doesn't cut off when switching between every menu.
13. Has cars that are not in GT7 (Fittipaldi, Mercedes F1, Mercedes LH VGT).
14. No useless stuff like cafes or music rally.
15. License tests have a narrated demo (by our very own Tom Brooks) instead of just one sentence description by talking heads in GT7.
16. Drives decently out of the box compared to GT7 physics which was a disaster at release and needs almost a year of updates to be manageable.
17. Reinvents Gran Turismo and brought esports to the fore. Without GTS the series would probably stagnate and we would be talking about GT7 in similar terms to Forza 8.
18. Has a Report Player button online (arguably pretty useless, but at least it's there).
19. Allows stat tracking by independent site like kudosprime, useful to track your DR/SR progression over time and also check other people's stats.
20. Better updates with more cars and tracks.

I agree with your points GT7 does a lot of things better (and it better be being the newer game). But GT Sport also does a lot of things better which have regressed or just plain missing in GT7. The overall user experience in GT Sport is just smooth and well thought out. It just doesn't have the content and its esports heavy focus turned off a lot of traditional GT fans. GT7 tries to do too much, and combined with the egregious MTX and poor quality control (updates to fix bugs created by updates lol), it just doesn't feel as cohesive or polished as GTS. It's not something you can put an objective value on, but long term GT players will notice the small things and inconveniences. Bigger isn't always better. Well it is, but sometimes less is more and GT Sport is the very definition of "more than the sum of its parts".

-----------------------

I didn't expect this to be such a lengthy post but seems apt for the final moments of GT Sport. A game that has given me so much and given so many good and bad memories throughout the years. Taught me to be a better driver and also realize I'm not as good as I thought :lol: Final stats stand at 1150 days logged on over 6 years, over 600 online races, almost 100 wins, 400 million credits, almost 300,000 kilometers driven, almost 70 days of continuous driving. It's been one hell of a run :) Thank you GT Sport and goodbye old friend :cheers:

Last edited:
5. All cars available to buy at all times. None of these slow rotating dealerships or invitations BS. Reasonable car prices unlike GT7 where they jacked up everything to match real life inflation and shove MTX down our throats.
This alone made GTS a better experience. Can't recall how many times I've went to sell a car in GT7 because I needed quick cash only to realize I'd have to wait literally months just to be able to buy it again. And it probably will come in an even uglier color than the one I bought before. ...like that disgusting poo brown Camaro in the LCD right now. Completely anti-player the Legends and Used car dealer are.

Last edited:
Don't know why you came to this thread just to beat on an already dead game if you hate it so much, but anyway, here are a few things GTS does better than GT7 in my opinion:

1. No need to buy every tyre compound for every car (joined a manufacturer race but forgot to buy rain tyres in GT7? Haha good luck crawling around the track on slicks).
2. Easy to set BOP with % sliders (in GT7 you either need to enable BOP which is not available in every mode, or mix match parts yourself especially with road cars).
3. GT Mode better set up with races grouped by event instead of tracks (GT7 did add the summary page but it should've been like that from release).
4. No dynamic weather is a disadvantage but on the plus side you don't have to worry about setting conditions exactly the same when practicing for a race. Also not worried about wind direction affecting lap times in qualifying TT.
6. No need to worry about oil/engine/chassis maintenance.
7. It tracks your number of changes and wins per car in garage.
8. Applying liveries can be done from garage, much quicker and easier.
9. You can view and change car settings without switching into the car.
10. You can revert settings to default easily with a button (no way to do this in GT7 except create a completely new menu sheet).
11. Menus much faster if you're on PS4. Also subjectively much cleaner and usable design than the nostalgic but clunky world map.
12. Better menu music. And it doesn't cut off when switching between every menu.
13. Has cars that are not in GT7 (Fittipaldi, Mercedes F1, Mercedes LH VGT).
14. No useless stuff like cafes or music rally.
15. License tests have a narrated demo (by our very own Tom Brooks) instead of just one sentence description by talking heads in GT7.
16. Drives decently out of the box compared to GT7 physics which was a disaster at release and needs almost a year of updates to be manageable.
17. Reinvents Gran Turismo and brought esports to the fore. Without GTS the series would probably stagnate and we would be talking about GT7 in similar terms to Forza 8.
18. Has a Report Player button online (arguably pretty useless, but at least it's there).
19. Allows stat tracking by independent site like kudosprime, useful to track your DR/SR progression over time and also check other people's stats.
20. Better updates with more cars and tracks.

I agree with your points GT7 does a lot of things better (and it better be being the newer game). But GT Sport also does a lot of things better which have regressed or just plain missing in GT7. The overall user experience in GT Sport is just smooth and well thought out. It just doesn't have the content and its esports heavy focus turned off a lot of traditional GT fans. GT7 tries to do too much, and combined with the egregious MTX and poor quality control (updates to fix bugs created by updates lol), it just doesn't feel as cohesive or polished as GTS. It's not something you can put an objective value on, but long term GT players will notice the small things and inconveniences. Bigger isn't always better. Well it is, but sometimes less is more and GT Sport is the very definition of "more than the sum of its parts".

-----------------------

I didn't expect this to be such a lengthy post but seems apt for the final moments of GT Sport. A game that has given me so much and given so many good and bad memories throughout the years. Taught me to be a better driver and also realize I'm not as good as I thought :lol: Final stats stand at 1150 days logged on over 6 years, over 600 online races, almost 100 wins, 400 million credits, almost 300,000 kilometers driven, almost 70 days of continuous driving. It's been one hell of a run :) Thank you GT Sport and goodbye old friend :cheers:

I never said i hate gt sport i have played it a fair amount, but i dont see a reason to play it anymore, gt7 just offer a more complete experince, i am not going to miss it much, as gt7 does pretty much everything i like so much better. I disagree about the menu music i think that part was better in gt7 as it did go with classic we use to have, dont think gt sport either was more polished, gt sport made some good changes but all i see was that it would make future gt more pontential and it was never their for gt sport, it was not far off a prolugue game in size

Just completed my last Daily workout, received Porsche Cayman Turbo S , 1310 GT League Race Wins , 889 at Blue moon Bay :) early grinding track and daily workout track :). Still keeping track of your wins after this mornings update.
The End

Last edited:
Always the best GT planet thank you for the article and I may still go back to GT sport since I don’t own all cars in gran Turismo 7 and I may need to drive some I don’t own. Thank you again 😭 ❤️

So its safe to say that even the liveries not shared are basically gone, correct?

Edit: Logged in and yep, not even the ones you didn't share are there anymore. Gonna be starting GT7 off basically from scratch essentially, annoying but inevitable.

Another unfortunate thing is while the replays are saved, all the cars in them are whatever default color they were bought in. (Even if they were using a livery entirely composed of default in-game decals)

Last edited:
At time of writing my message, online profiles are still accessible via Kudosprime, despite not being via official website. If you haven't accessed-to-save yours once yet, it's not too late (read below message).

Last edited:
Bit bummed I can’t use my chrome helmet dlc and we can’t change race suits or helmets :( , oh well scapes and arcade single stuff all works and Lewis Hamilton dlc still there. I checked before and did GTR cup race and still get mileage points and xp and credits (I’m maxed at 20 million)

Last edited:
Hey, where did all our profiles go? Dang. Well the photo mode is still hanging around. All my liveries were deleted. That's why they did a final maintenance on this, I installed the Version 1, where there is no online save.

This update has removed support for the logitech G Pro wheel and now only works in g923 compatability mode. This needs to be fixed as it was working correctly before update.

They also erased all the leaderboards and everyone's profile, suits, liveries and mileage points and gift cars. I think that's bull some because it's PD's game, unless Sony gives them money to keep the online modes active and then when Sony doesn't want o do it anymore, they take our sport mode away. Anyway, I'm not saying anymore, off to gt7.

My Library caused a game crash for me (screen frozen) so I'm guessing we should not probably be clicking that option but I had been curious to see what remained in there but it seems I'll just avoid that tab from now on if I play.

My Library caused a game crash for me (screen frozen) so I'm guessing we should not probably be clicking that option but I had been curious to see what remained in there but it seems I'll just avoid that tab from now on if I play.
Yeah, it did it to me at about 4:30 this morning, I had to restart my ps4 to get it working again. Jordan posted an article on the closing of GT sport three hours ago. Well I guess I'm stuck with my current suit and helmet, I can't customize or paint it anymore.

Last edited:
Back