Gran Turismo Sport - fuel consumption list & tire usage

• Thread starter rex1825
  • 213 comments
That's a lot of work and information. Thanks.

But, how do I use it to work out the best strategy for an endurance race, say 30 laps at Monza with tyre and fuel multipliers?

Cheers

That's a lot of work and information. Thanks.

But, how do I use it to work out the best strategy for an endurance race, say 30 laps at Monza with tyre and fuel multipliers?

Cheers

For example Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 has approximate range of 220.5km. And you are driving it on, let's say Autodrome Lago Maggiore - GP, with Racing Hard tires and only ABS.

This means that 220.5km you'll multiply with 1.08 (for Autodrome Lago Maggiore) and the divide it by 0.994 (RH have 99.4% fuel consumption). This means you'll get approximately 240km of range if fuel consumption is set to 1x and you are using Fuel Map 1.
If you are using for example Fuel Map 3 under same conditions, theoretically range can be 240/.78 which gives you ~307km.
However if Fuel Consumption is set to, let's say 3x and map set to 1, you will get 240/3 that is ~80km.

But this is without BoP, so only stock 100% power, 100% weight for a car. And of course, it should just give you approximate values. It also depends how you drive car, if you short shift etc.

Cheers...

Thanks rex1825, I put the data for into a spread sheet to help speed things up.

Ferrari 458 GT3 version @ Monza (1 km = 0.62 miles)

Car Range 216.60 km = 134.59 miles

Track Lap 3.60 miles , Race 30 Laps = 108.00 miles

Track Modifier 1.00 x Fuel Consumption 3 x

Stint I II III Total
Fuel Level 75% 100% 75%
Frcst Dist 33.65 44.86 33.65 112.16 miles
Laps Comp 9 12 9 30.00 Laps
Act Dist 32.40 43.20 32.40 108.00 miles

Just need to build in tyres impact on fuel consumption.

The only thing missing is tyre wear data in terms of life span. How many laps can I get out of a set of RS tyres with a 4x mod?

Cheers

... How many laps can I get out of a set of RS tyres with a 4x mod?...

...there is approximation on percentage vs RH tires (100%), this is something that has a lot things to count on, Aero, Weight, Power, driving wheels, driving style... so basically you just make a lobby for yourself and test it out, see how much of a degradation there is with your driving style and you can then use percentage to see approximate how long will other tires compared to the ones you've tested last...

Apologies, I suck at reading numbers, what does this mean?
Audi TT Cup '16
FF 335HP 1125Kg
~253.4km (is it top speed? is it how many km can drive without pitting? How can I use this info?)

Car

Front Engine / Front wheel drive, Horse Power, Weight.

Range in km.

How do you use it? See my post above and you can see how I work out how many pits stops and the number of laps between. You can then use this to make tyre choices.

Cheers

I mean no offense, but all this hard work is just a lot of... hard work. If you don't translate this into something your hard work is just... that, a lot of hard work. And seriously, I mean no offense, I admire someone who can expend so much time generating and processing data, you guys are a star. But if your goal was to share with the community... well perhaps you need to translate this data into something that people can understand. Why don't you make an app in a web page, so everyone can access it, or a phone app and actually make some money with it. There is a lot of work here, very useful info that can be used in this FIA GT SPORT with FIA championships. Just giving you some feedback, guys. That is a lot of hard work indeed.

What do you think guys are the most enjoyable tires to drive in GTS ? comfort, sport or racing. I tried comfort hard for the first time and i liked a lot the feeling.

Thanks rex1825, I put the data for into a spread sheet to help speed things up.

Ferrari 458 GT3 version @ Monza (1 km = 0.62 miles)

Car Range 216.60 km = 134.59 miles

Track Lap 3.60 miles , Race 30 Laps = 108.00 miles

Track Modifier 1.00 x Fuel Consumption 3 x

Stint I II III Total
Fuel Level 75% 100% 75%
Frcst Dist 33.65 44.86 33.65 112.16 miles
Laps Comp 9 12 9 30.00 Laps
Act Dist 32.40 43.20 32.40 108.00 miles

Just need to build in tyres impact on fuel consumption.

The only thing missing is tyre wear data in terms of life span. How many laps can I get out of a set of RS tyres with a 4x mod?

Cheers

Was just copying over data to do the same thing! Mind sharing your sheet? Would save some time!

- updated Gr.1/3/4 cars
- updated tire degradation
- updated fuel map vs range
- updated tire compound vs range
- updated power & weight vs range
what do you feel were the biggest changes in fuel and tire consumption this patch?

what do you feel were the biggest changes in fuel and tire consumption this patch?

Mostly decreased range, now, I am sure that PD didn't change consumption rate on all of the cars, but overall, all of the cars got less range. I have a feeling that this has to do something with how tire surface reacts to other surfaces. Maybe friction, but then again, I am not sure how detailed is PD's tire physics.
On other hand, tire wear is much better now in terms of controlling the vehicle, I see some people complain that it is harder to drive now, but from my experience, I tested last night a lot of the older cars without any aids, mostly on DS4 (Miura, 250GTO, 330P4, XJ13, Cobra, 2000GT etc) and for the first time I was able to drive those cars in their stock form without any aids. Wheel is totally different story, as if there is much more connection to what wheels are doing and how they are reacting to input and road. Now, I am still testing limits of tires, since before patch it was a bit awkward and feeling was a bit off... Also tested Comforts and Sports mostly and they really feel good now, especially on these old cars that came without aids on non-virtual counterparts.
However, I have a feeling that, at the end of the day, grip on tires alltogether is reduced, which has no sense to what I just wrote above, but that is how it is...

I am really pleased how PD is handling it, at least something, only wish that we get back original fuel tank sizes for each car, especially the LMP and GT3, it is stupid that all of them have same fuel amount TBH. But we will see...

Cheers...

Mostly decreased range, now, I am sure that PD didn't change consumption rate on all of the cars, but overall, all of the cars got less range. I have a feeling that this has to do something with how tire surface reacts to other surfaces. Maybe friction, but then again, I am not sure how detailed is PD's tire physics.
On other hand, tire wear is much better now in terms of controlling the vehicle, I see some people complain that it is harder to drive now, but from my experience, I tested last night a lot of the older cars without any aids, mostly on DS4 (Miura, 250GTO, 330P4, XJ13, Cobra, 2000GT etc) and for the first time I was able to drive those cars in their stock form without any aids. Wheel is totally different story, as if there is much more connection to what wheels are doing and how they are reacting to input and road. Now, I am still testing limits of tires, since before patch it was a bit awkward and feeling was a bit off... Also tested Comforts and Sports mostly and they really feel good now, especially on these old cars that came without aids on non-virtual counterparts.
However, I have a feeling that, at the end of the day, grip on tires alltogether is reduced, which has no sense to what I just wrote above, but that is how it is...

I am really pleased how PD is handling it, at least something, only wish that we get back original fuel tank sizes for each car, especially the LMP and GT3, it is stupid that all of them have same fuel amount TBH. But we will see...

Cheers...
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. So in general worse fuel economy and better tire life.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. So in general worse fuel economy and better tire life.
Well, it depends how you look at it, if looking at graphics for tires, it will basically be same, but cars will be longer controllable, so yeah... You can drive now car with 50% degradation where earlier, you were loosing too much time... :)

Hey @rex1825 . First gotta say, amazing job, this resource is indispensable. You're a hero mate. Small typo I caught though, under Gr.3, you listed a Z3, not Z4.

PRAISE REX

It's maybe because I still live in old times :) looking forward for this little fella lol me

bmw-z3-m-coupe-sells-for-58-500-at-nec-classic-auction-5478_15129_969X727.jpg

BMW_M_Coupe

Since PD doesn't want to give up on that stupid preset cars and unreal BoP, next time I'll include BoP into MPG calculation... will see how much of a difference will it make...

Cheers...

Hi guys,

It's been a long time since I'm following this thread and I'd like to thank rex1825 for the time he spent so far to collect all the distance numbers.
I'm reacting after rex's last post as I built a spreadsheet with all the balanced distances for Gr.1, 2, 3 & 4 according to:
- rex1825's distance datas,
- Tassie_Tiger's BoP tables available on gtplanet's forum right here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m0aiqRjpDIuEybXqN_uz2JRspckL-Vqz-BHVPfPSzis/edit?usp=sharing

I listed only a few tracks as the most fuel efficient car on a track is still the most efficient on any other tracks. I also only listed Map 1, 2 & 3 as I rarely use the others online. Here it is:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a5mvJ_C9IcTr44kRpxYojtD4wCRs0tOV5s9eGqd6uVY/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to comment.

Kinds.

Edit (Sept. 28, 2018): Spreadsheet matches the 1.28 BoP update notice with M3 GT '11. rex1825 should update the datas including BoP settings to match v1.28 soon.

Last edited:
Thanks for this great insight on tire and fuel, very much appreciated. I use the information quite often.

The new update, 1.28, has changed something regarding tire wear:

7. Physics Simulation Model
- The Tyre Wear value has been adjusted;

Will you look into this?

- added new 9 DLC cars
- added new 2 DLC track layouts

Thanks for the addition. Just a little mistake I suppose for the M3 GT '11, you wrote:

BMW M3 GT Motosport '11
FR 500HP -Kg
~204.5kg

I think it is:

BMW M3 GT Motosport '11
FR 499HP 1245kg
~204.5km

:cheers:

Back