Gran Turismo Sport "Garage Full" Bug Affecting New Players

I did the same.
Removed my save file and restarted the game.
You should also say NOT to download the save file on the servers.

Odd thing is, I'm receiving the -exact- same cars in driving school in my new game save. Like everything is already scripted..

bug ?

EKsydswWwAAHto3
Thing is, the game had never worked for me so I have no idea what normal looks like.

Hello i bought my ps4 today and installed grand turismo and couldn't buy a car and all other bugs, the game took it from my nephew and on his ps4 everything went smoothly. So i guess this PS4 is bugged or what ?!

So i guess this PS4 is bugged or what
No, it doesn't work like that. The console isn't "bugged" - it's your install or your game save.

Did your nephew have an existing GT Sport game save that he used (or an installation that the disc could be used to run), or was it a new save?

From what I’ve read it’s just us “value shoppers” with the problem. I have done every step mentioned (deleting, reinstalling, praying, throwing ****) and nothing. I even paid for the $30 download (after buying the hard copy) thinking that would help, and nothing. The guys at GT Sport better be working on a patch to download.....

From what I’ve read it’s just us “value shoppers” with the problem. I have done every step mentioned (deleting, reinstalling, praying, throwing ****) and nothing. I even paid for the $30 download (after buying the hard copy) thinking that would help, and nothing. The guys at GT Sport better be working on a patch to download.....

install GTsport & ( copy "saved data in system storage" ) to USB

ps4-save-data.jpg

So, I see a lot of people have been having this issue with new consoles. I have had my console for 3 years and purchased a used hard copy of the game yesterday. I’m experiencing the same issues of having no vehicles in the garage nor present on the home screen. I have removed all driver data and started over with no benefit. I’ll keep my fingers crossed I can play the entire game soon..

Buy PS4 48h ago, same problem with GTS. i dont have home menu, and get the garage full message when try to buy a car. Any fix from GTS? Brand new PS4 here, with 1.5 update

Has anyone with no issues on an already installed game and profile, made a new psn profile and checked if they get the same bug?

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/manual/#!/save/content01

NOTE: Online Saving Only

Gran Turismo Sport only supports online saving. Your game progress data will be stored on the online server. Please be aware, therefore, that any progress you make while offline cannot be saved (certain contents are saved onto the PlayStation®4 console's hard disk drive.) If you are playing offline, you will be able to use previously saved game progress data.

Gran Turismo Sport supports autosaving. To save manually, select "Save" from the Top Screen.

I too just bought a PS4 Pro and also got GT Sport from Amazon. Upon loading the game I also encountered the “bug”. I had no garage essentially! I deleted the game and all data including my 100% of gold medels in driving school. Had to do it twice before I finally returned the game to amazon and purchased the game as a direct download from the PlayStation store. Happy to say the game works fine and I’ll now commence driving school!

Just getting back to my earlier post. (See on 2nd page of this thread - Kodey). I finished the download of the game for the third time. I had the same issues as others. Loaded the game, showed 0 cars, could not receive reward cars or purchase any as the game said my garage was full. Also, clicking the home button, would not even bring up a garage option screen. Here is what I did:

Deleted the game and deleted ALL game files for EACH user account on the PS4 (I had four total). Reloaded the game and selected to do the 1.5 update. Takes about 4 hours. DO NOT PLAY THE GAME UNTIL THE UPDATE IS FINISHED! Once the download was finished, i opened the game. When given the option, DO NOT LOAD DATA FROM THE SERVER! You have to start fresh. Upon doing this, the game will funtion as it should and mine does for all accounts.

TLDR version: download the game and update completely before playing it all; even just in arcade mode. This is not a console issue, it is a game update issue.

Hope this helps and good luck.

A re-download of the update is NOT necessary. Just delete all save games and don't download the online save game at start up, and you're fine.

It's not a corrupt game but a corrupt save game probably due to starting gt5 during downloading thus creating the new save game during downloading, which apparently makes it corrupt as no car is selected during downloading

Last edited:
I'm one of the new players... got the slim 1TB PS4, with a new PSN account, and the GTS "Hits" edition.

I followed the solution on reddit where you have to go directly home as soon as the game starts, and it has worked so far. Hope they patch it soon, the game is amazing

....... When given the option, DO NOT LOAD DATA FROM THE SERVER! You have to start fresh. Upon doing this, the game will funtion as it should and mine does for all accounts.

Hope this helps and good luck.

How do you refuse the data from the server?If i remember it just loads the data automatically,it doesnt give you any options to do otherwise.I may be wrong though.

I’ve had my console for nearly 4 years. I can’t access my cars I won in licensing and I can’t buy cars either bc my garage is full!

The fix...delete your entire profile and back it up.... rightttttt, wish they told me this before I bought the game. I hope they fix this glitch soon

Have an older console and first edition of game. Had never used the game online before and now this crap. Only reason i connected was to buy a 2000GT, saved up 160 grand and then the joyous “garage is full” and associated bollocks.

I’m as disgusted now as when The fractured but whole needed a download to avert a stall in gameplay and when i learned the PS3 wouldn’t support PS1/2 games.

Think i might stick with GT1/2/concept/3 from here on in, at least they just work as is.

purchased a new PS4 PRO and a copy of GTS GH edition. completed all gold in the driving school to later find out my garage and cars were not accessible.

I basically reset the game and deleted the old save and made my saves to local instead of saving it online. Game works as it should now. It didnt take me long to redo the driving school so it wasn't that big of a deal for me.

hopefully they find a proper fix soon.

For the folks who have deleted their data after doing the schools, did you get the same cars after you deleted your data and started over? I think that was said on an earlier post in here.

I have a 996 GT3 I'm hesitant to part with.. but if I knew I was going to get it again I wouldn't mind doing the schools again.

Yes me too As i Bought the PS4 1TB on sunday and when i started playing i was not able to access my garage and when i tried to buy a car it said the garage was full. I hope sony finds a fix for this. This is a waste of money

So, I see a lot of people have been having this issue with new consoles. I have had my console for 3 years and purchased a used hard copy of the game yesterday. I’m experiencing the same issues of having no vehicles in the garage nor present on the home screen. I have removed all driver data and started over with no benefit. I’ll keep my fingers crossed I can play the entire game soon..
Is this an issue with the latest update possibly?Im about to add a bigger hd to my ps4 pro so i will have to download the game again, not looking forward to having these issues.
Ive got a digital launch day version of gts but i read somebody else was having issues with his game too on an older ps4.Can anyone confirm?

What exactly happens when you go to the garage? And what happens when you try and buy a car? I don't really understand the nature of the problem.
Basically what happens is if you press garage, your screen will fade for a second, and then take you back to menu. If you go to buy a car, when you hit purchase it will say your garage is full.

I'm pretty fed up with this. I bought a PS4 Slim and GranTurismo Sport Playstation hits on black Friday. I won a bunch of cars through circuit experience and got a bunch of medals through driving school. I clicked garage to test out one of my prize cars... A faded screen and then the menu again. Ok then... I then try to buy a brand new Lan Evo 4... My garage is full? I don't even own a single car! I've reached out to PlayStation over this issue. Hopefully a patch comes out soon. I'm gonna delete my network save data in GT Sport and re-download the entire thing to see if that fixes the problem. Good luck to you all with this bug.

Last edited:
Delete saved data solves the problem, a bit of pain since you loose all your progress but either delete or wait for patch.

I'm not sure though how can it be fixed by an update. The problem seems to be, when open the game while downloading the 1.5 patch. the saved file that created is later somehow corrupted when it is updated by the save file by the 1.5 update. If this is the case i dont think a patch can fix a corrupted saved file...

Back