Gran Turismo Sport "Garage Full" Bug Affecting New Players

I just purchased GT Sport for my PS4 and it’s the first time I’ve played it and I can’t find my garage. When I hit home there is no menu at the bottom like I think there’s supposed to be. Correct? Then I tried buying a car and it says my garage is full.
I’m flabbergasted. Am I missing something?? Help!

I just purchased GT Sport for my PS4 and it’s the first time I’ve played it and I can’t find my garage. When I hit home there is no menu at the bottom like I think there’s supposed to be. Correct? Then I tried buying a car and it says my garage is full.
I’m flabbergasted. Am I missing something?? Help!
A lot of people are reporting this exact issue with new copies of the game (and a lot on new consoles too), and we'd love to help, but it's just not possible to diagnose what the issue is from text.

Can you use the PS4's Share feature to capture video of the issue and post it here?

How do I do that? The share button that is. I am 44 and this is my first console in 15 yrs. just getting back in to gaming. Lol.
42 here, but never away from it :D

Full share manual is here:
https://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/share/about_share.html

What you'd be best off doing is get ready to show it, then double-tap the Share button, do the things that aren't working, then double-tap again when you're done. The double-tap starts and stops recording.

Grab a USB stick, put it into the console, then find Capture Gallery on your PS4 (it will be in your Library, may need installation). Find the video you just recorded (it'll be in GT Sport, and probably nothing else will be in there), hit Options and then Copy to USB Storage. When it's copied, upload it here.

It is a brand new console. I got the Black Friday bundle for $199. Game was previously owned.

When I select the home button on the top of the menu on the left of the screen, the same exact screen shows up. It’s like it’s refreshing the screen but no menu at the bottom shows up after that.

Is this something that we’re gonna have to wait for the engineers to make a patch for it? Has it already been done?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this something that we’re gonna have to wait for the engineers to make a patch for it?
No idea. There's enough people experiencing this bug now that we've written an article about it. We've emailed Sony, but it's Saturday so I wouldn't expect a response any time soon...

I've moved all the posts from the Bug Report thread and elsewhere into this thread for the article.

This doesn't seem to affect me since I've had GTS since launch. I was able to buy the RE Amemiya RX-7 and access my garage with no problem.

Thanks Famine for trying to raise awareness.

Here's a video. I forgot to attempt to buy a car but it shows I've won cars and don't see them.

Skip to 0:25 to get past the opening credits.
0:33 hitting home.. goes to home
0:47 cars won during schools
1:02 livery editor shows no cars

Garage full:

What you'd be best off doing is get ready to show it, then double-tap the Share button, do the things that aren't working, then double-tap again when you're done. The double-tap starts and stops recording.
BTW, thanks for this tip. I've had my PS4 for a while and this was a new one!

Yup I've got the same:
Bought a PS4 Pro today and a PlayStation hits copy of GT sport as well.
But can't get into the garage, while I've at least gotten a Ford Focus, and in driving school I also received a couple (Lancia Stratos and BMW M3 come to mind)

Okay so it looks like it's affecting both PS4 Slim and Pro versions, but so far ButtDyno is the only one who has had their PS4 before black friday so maybe it isn't a console issue. I'm gonna try to find a used copy of GT Sport today and see if I still have issues.

Are you guys also getting the Blue screen error code CE-34878-0 when you try to go to the lobby?

i just started the game and went to buy a car and it says my garage is full? Not sure what’s going on. Also when I try and join the lobby is won’t work and gives me the error has occurred message. Does anyone have any idea what may be the issue? Thank you all in advance

I believe the problem is in v1.50 and a new profile. Somehow something just can't connect properly with the garage data. Almost like a new profile doesn't get the privilege to the garage data, like the v1.50 software doesn't have the (software)code to give you that privilege, nor lets you connect to the lobby.
If that's the case it must be a simple fix for polyphony. I'll just wait until it's fixed.
I've got rdr2 and death stranding as well, so I can choose a different game.

Last edited:
I got GT Sport at launch and it doesn't seem to be affecting me. My photo and replay library did get wiped at some point (I did lose a whole bunch of photos that I wanted to upload) but that's it.

It obviously doenst affect anyone who's been playing the game for any appreciable length of time.

Some people on reddit already reporting it...

mbp7s70f0s141.jpg

I bought a used ps4 slim and it came with a used GT sport. Downloaded newest update ofc and it was 2 days download time... I just started playing and im a new user and i have the same issues - no carage icon in menu and gives some error when trying to style helmet etc. So it seems to be a profile related issue. Waiting for answers before deleting something so i could just wait another two days of downloading for nothing...

MINE IS FIXED. I saw someone say that they deleted all the saved data and started a new game completely and when started the game then immediately go HOME and it works! Worked on my game too. Luckily did not have a lot of progress to lose. Hope it helps!

I MAY HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION: I am also having the same issue. No access to garage and when buying a car, says that the garage is Full. So, what I did was, I switched user, I used my brother’s profile, closed the application, start it again. as soon as I did that, I received a gift car, the Hyundai Genesis, and from my brother’s profile, I now have access to the garage. However, while in the garage, I switch back to my profile, I cannot move the cursor or even do anything at all. I did the same thing while I was in a race using the car from my garage, when switch to my profile, the game is just unresponsive. Weird eh. I guess for now, I’ll just play using my bro’s profile.

Last edited:
Uninstalled the "greatest hits" GT Sport version and installed the older version but it did not solve the issue. I think Gaiajohan is right about the problem being with v1.50 and having a new GT Sport profile as that seems to be the only common denominator that most of us with issues are having. I really hope Sony see's this (thanks @Famine for emailing Sony) fixes this bug for us.

If you guys want a quick fix yes you can delete your saved data and start fresh which has worked for a couple people already but I personally don't want to lose my 66% completion of driving school with all gold if possible.

Starting to miss the old days when videos games didn't need updates and everything you needed to play was on the disc/cartridge...

This sounds like an issue with garage data. If you pay attention to ButtDyno's videos above, there's no car selected on the top right panel. This never happens during normal gameplay as your starter car is automatically selected and you can't sell/delete your current car.

PD should issue a corrective patch in the following days.

By the way, what happens if you try entering a GT League event (e.g. Sunday Cup)?

It says there are 0 cars (Top and middle of screen) and that "There are no cars that meet the regulations" in the middle of the screen

That's when I finally noticed something was wrong with the game. I had completed a bunch of Driving School tasks then wanted to try the GT League, it said I didn't have any cars (even though I know I was gifted a bunch) so when I went to try to buy a RX7 FD it said my garage was full. Then dove deeper and realized I couldn't even go to "Home"

This is a strange one indeed. There are a lot of questions going through my mind right now that I don't have answers for, primarily because I can't test them out myself.

-If you are having this issue, is it replicable without updating to the latest version (pre version 1.50) of GT Sport?
-Can you access the garage in Arcade Mode? Any mode in Arcade that allows you to select a car from your garage should be good.
-Does the game crash when trying to access certain parts? Or is consistent when performing certain actions?
-What happens when you press the Options button on your controller from the main menu? This should brings you to your profile page. Can you access anything under this menu?

I'm not sure if it's save file corruption (like when a check fails when it receives invalid or garbage data, returning a catch all condition like 'The Garage is Full'), an online synchronization issue (online save), or if there's something else I'm not thinking of.

From what I am seeing, because of this "garage is full" error, the game may not be properly updating the player's garage list, hence why their garages are showing 0 cars or certain lists aren't populating correctly.

Not sure how much help I can be...

1. Delete the user of PSN account that is having issues.

2. If that doesn't work then download the software update file of the console to a USB

3. Lastly if none of those work they said they would warranty the PS4 and I would need to send it in. I wonder if the other guys having this issue also just bought a PS4 or if it's only the game

These steps to me don't seem right for this issue...

1.I'm assuming that this is referring to the local account on your PS4. This really should be a last resort option when all else fails, minus some more extreme steps. This will delete everything associated to the account on the PS4, including all game saves on the console (your game saves on external USB devices and cloud saves won't be affected).

2.This is for a system update, not the game update. You can only perform game updates via PSN. I don't think this is an issue related to the system firmware.

3.This is if you are having issues with the PS4 itself. Seeing how this is a software issue with an application, this is completely unnecessary. From what I've read, people are having the same issues on years old consoles.

Hi everyone. Like many have indicated, I purchased the Black Friday Sale version of GTS for my sone. I actually purchased the game on Sunday the 24th though from Game Stop. Upon initial loading of the game, something just didn't seem right. Many features of the game were not working. My son, eager to play, simply played anyway while the update was being downloaded. This may be the issue if people are doing the same thing (playing the game while the update is downloading)

Someone posted earlier that they deleted the game and their saved Data, then reloaded the game and downloaded the update and all was fine. While this would result in a 3-4 hour download before even playing the game, that may be necessary. This also would require, deleting the game as well as all saved data from each user account on the ps4. I don't believe this has anything to do with the console, but rather mote to do with the order in which you have to do things.

I have installed the update while playing the game...no garage, no reward cars and could not buy any because the garage was full. I then deleted the game, then reinstalled the game, downloaded the update while not playing...no garage, no reward cars and could not buy any because the garage was full. I have now deleted the game and have deleted all game progress and data from all user accounts on the ps4 (4 accounts) and I am letting the download finish. If this doesn't work, the game is trash. Lol

I have a sa.e.probmem. I'buy PS4 PRO on *black friday and new game GT SPORT (SATURN - Austria). this is really frustrating.

Add on.

In an attempt to solve the problem i created a new user and everything is working fine on it. I am the administrator and have passed most of my exams and do not want to go through everything again, as well as constantly switching users to play GT :(

Last edited:
i deleted my save game and played again its fixed now i know its not a good solution but im a new player to gt sport 2 days old :D so not much lost for me

Often these issues come about when a game is played before it completely updated to the latest version, I had an issue with several other games I was desperate to play before they were fully updated and it caused a corruption issue. Maybe leave it alone until its completely installed? I realise this will be a pain waiting as its a giant install download, but it worth the wait. If its a bug rest assured it will be rapidly patched as this is a flagship game.

1.48 to 1.50 version update => not bug

1.50 version download to install => bug, "new player"

edit: TEST 1.48 to 1.50 version not "new player"

:)

Last edited:
Thanks Famine for trying to raise awareness.

Here's a video. I forgot to attempt to buy a car but it shows I've won cars and don't see them.

Skip to 0:25 to get past the opening credits.
0:33 hitting home.. goes to home
0:47 cars won during schools
1:02 livery editor shows no cars

Garage full:

BTW, thanks for this tip. I've had my PS4 for a while and this was a new one!

bug ?

EKsydswWwAAHto3

Back