Gran Turismo Sport "Garage Full" Bug Affecting New Players

Regarding the message about the coming update to fix the issue,what does this statement mean:`All users whose Save Data file was last updated before Update 1.19 (May 5 2018.)`
Surely everybody who plays the game will have updated there game since may 2018?If you havent updated since 1.19 then you cant play online or save any progression?Or am i misunderstanding something....
This is why the issue is affecting new users particularly. I explained the process here.

This will also affect users who've not played in a long old time and thought "Hey, that FIA stuff looked cool and I want to give the Hamilton thing a bash", booted it up and did the same thing.

How do you refuse the data from the server?If i remember it just loads the data automatically,it doesnt give you any options to do otherwise.I may be wrong though.
It just asks if you want to use your saved data on the server. Say no, which results in you starting a whole new game.

So basically everyone who bought a ps4 and the game last week and have played the track experience/license tests/and missions won’t get to keep that progression regardless of the update ? and will need to delete it/not except transferring the saved data? Sounds like u don’t need to update it, u just have to bite the bullet and delete all your saved data and start over... or am I wrong? I would really like to keep all that progression cause it took Atleast 8 hours to complete what I got done but if there’s no point waiting around for an update that regardless won’t let me keep that then please tell me cause I’d like to just get on with it so I can get back to playing. Should I wait for the update or not? Will the update let me keep my proggrsssion and the cars I’ve been awarded or will I have to start a new game once the update is here??

will I have to start a new game once the update is here?
Unfortunately this.

The update is to stop it happening again. If it's already happened to you, it's too late.

Ok thanks. Wish I would have done it earlier when u first said it but I was hoping pd would find a way for us to keep saved data and progression.

So what all needs to be deleted? I’m having a little trouble finding where I delete saved data and the 1.50 update

Last edited by a moderator:
So what all needs to be deleted? I’m having a little trouble finding where I delete saved data and the 1.50 update
On the PS4 main menu go to:

Settings
> Application Saved Data Management
> Saved Data in System Storage
> Delete
> Gran Turismo Sport
Select All
Delete

Then when the game starts up on v1.50, just say "No" to the dialogue box about using save data stored online.

Dude thank you! I wouldnt have been able to find that cause I’ve been looking at everything to find where to delete that. It’s deleted and gonna start up now.

Ok everything is working perfect now

Last edited:
What a bunch of crap. This all comes down to programmers being to lazy or arrogant to test their own update. I’ll be damned if I’m going to start over at this point. Let’s see how far I can throw this disk into the garbage pile!

What a bunch of crap. This all comes down to programmers being to lazy or arrogant to test their own update. I’ll be damned if I’m going to start over at this point. Let’s see how far I can throw this disk into the garbage pile!
Actually it comes down to a change made in v1.19, 18 months ago, and a large number of people suddenly playing the base game (probably due to Thanksgiving) before installing the game in full. It's an entirely unexpected and unintended outcome.

Fortunately (in this instance alone), not an awful lot of the game is available offline, and most players affected are unlikely to lose much. Prize cars are preset, so they'll get the same ones again.

I've had a PS4 slim for about 3 years now and just bought a new edition of GT Sport and I'm having the same issues no garage, & every time I try to buy a car it says my garages full.

Just bite the bullet and delete your saved progress! Takes 2 seconds and you will be back to playing with everything correct. At the top of this page look for the purple reply that details the steps needed. U don’t need to redownload anything because it’s one of your first times u saved the game that got corrupt. U must delete it!

Back