Gran Turismo Sport has Sold Around 3.3 Million Copies Worldwide

That's a 60/40 split that you mentioned, meanwhile, theres 3.1 million people, according to his post, that haven't even finished one race? That would mean that GTS has sold somewhere around what, 5 million already? I'm not so sure that's the case.
Kudosprime says that about 4.3 million people have played GTS at least once at some point. And here the stats regarding players who played Sport Mode:
  • 0 Races = 3,252,100 (75%)
  • 1-10 Races = 710,900 (16%)
  • 11-20 Races = 114,600 (3%)
  • More than 20 Races = 272,000 (6%)
For more infos about how these stats are calculated, I think we should ask @Milouse, the man behind KudosPrime.

Kudosprime says that about 4.3 million people have played GTS at least once at some point. And here the stats regarding players who played Sport Mode:
  • 0 Races = 3,252,100 (75%)
  • 1-10 Races = 710,900 (16%)
  • 11-20 Races = 114,600 (3%)
  • More than 20 Races = 272,000 (6%)
For more infos about how these stats are calculated, I think we should ask @Milouse, the man behind KudosPrime.
That is correct, but doesn't necessarily reflect sales. Something even @GT6mebe agrees with as that poster himself has used the same statement I've said to disregard Forza's amount of players, saying that it could actually just be duplicate accounts.

I just said it's odd for such a lack of activity for a high selling game in regard to the trophies.

Like I said, fine me a racing that has 1 million - 700,000 players a week.
GTS is up there as one of the most active online games.

Perhaps your issue to solely with trophy data, which means little as active players is a better metric.

What is your source for these numbers?

Kudosprime

This site is more up to date:

https://www.jasonguernsey.net/gts/drivers-by/country

Last edited by a moderator:
Why, though? That's not my discussion, nor my point, whatsoever.

Perhaps your issue to solely with trophy data, which means little as active players is a better metric.
My issue isn't with anything. I dont have an issue, just pointing out your "context" isn't changing much. Like I said, you seem to have a problem with replying to what was actually said. Maybe take a step back and stop thinking of everything as an attack and you'd probably be able to actually realise that.

Interesting, 80% of players (4mil~ according to that site) haven't played a single race. So that's another thing that doesn't really add up to the 60/40 that you said.

Kudosprime

You know, I haven't bothered looking at that stat much before, since I've been more interested in how many people at playing sport mode!
Anyway, it's 609,000 for the latest week.

The comparable sport mode races stat has 100,000 racing in the same week.

What the other 500,000 are doing I don't know - stats for campaign completion and level don't seem to show that's where they are (or if they are, they don't do much each week), lobbies aren't crammed with people... which sort of leaves us with livery editing, qualifying for dailies (but not racing), and/or doing the daily marathon just to get another car.

The 609,000 data presumably comes from PD's player profiles, and may well only indicate the last time that the player started the game - which could be simply looking at the daily races and deciding against it!

I think it's fair to say that properly active players do tend to get some achievements, like trophies or level ups, so they are a useful measure.

You know, I haven't bothered looking at that stat much before, since I've been more interested in how many people at playing sport mode!
Anyway, it's 609,000 for the latest week.

The comparable sport mode races stat has 100,000 racing in the same week.

What the other 500,000 are doing I don't know - stats for campaign completion and level don't seem to show that's where they are (or if they are, they don't do much each week), lobbies aren't crammed with people... which sort of leaves us with livery editing, qualifying for dailies (but not racing), and/or doing the daily marathon just to get another car.

The 609,000 data presumably comes from PD's player profiles, and may well only indicate the last time that the player started the game - which could be simply looking at the daily races and deciding against it!

I think it's fair to say that properly active players do tend to get some achievements, like trophies or level ups, so they are a useful measure.

Considering 80% of GT players haven't tried Sport mode they could be doing a multitude of singleplayer/arcade games.

Considering 80% of GT players haven't tried Sport mode they could be doing a multitude of singleplayer/arcade games.

Sure, but almost anything done in GTS earns some XP and it doesn't take much to get the 18372 for level 20, or even the 42373 for level 26. Yet only about 800,000 profiles have reached level 26 - and it tails off rapidly from there upwards. So I don't think that tallies with the 600,000 doing much single player / arcade either! It's a mystery!

That is correct, but doesn't necessarily reflect sales. Something even @GT6mebe agrees with as that poster himself has used the same statement I've said to disregard Forza's amount of players, saying that it could actually just be duplicate accounts.
Used copies, perhaps? Not hard to believe that they may have flooded the market if D1/W1 players were disappointed and got rid of theirs.

XP is no the right metric: how many hours is that? Sounds like 10-20 hours.

Maybe about that. I blatted through what campaign there was at launch which easily covered it in not many hours at all.

To get 600k players a week it's going to be mostly the same people from week to week. If they haven't even managed 10 to 20 hours worth of XP gain in total then we're back to my previous question: what the hell are they all doing? "Not much" seems to be the answer that XP levels give.

Maybe about that. I blatted through what campaign there was at launch which easily covered it in not many hours at all.

To get 600k players a week it's going to be mostly the same people from week to week. If they haven't even managed 10 to 20 hours worth of XP gain in total then we're back to my previous question: what the hell are they all doing? "Not much" seems to be the answer that XP levels give.

Circuit Experience alone will get players to Level 20, and takes way less than 10-20 hours. Source: our easy money guide.
Then again, from the same site, only 16% of players have beat 60% or more of the campaign. Another interesting angle: according to the site slightly over half of the players haven't even driven over 500km. That's a lot less than 10 hours (of racing, anyway)...

There's a lot of mysteries with the stats. If the game is pulling in roughly 600k players every week, and roughly 100k are Sport Mode players (and thus, the regulars), what are the other half-mil doing? They're not really progressing through the game it seems. And new players only account for a tenth or less of that.

Maybe people are just practicing in online lobbies? No XP/Credit gains that way. Or they're painting/Scaping...

Last edited:
A good 3/4 of my GTS friends' profiles haven't touched the game since November / December. You can tell by going to the 'month' tab of miles driven.

And I met all these people in the late stages of GT5/GT6

It's a polarizing game, that's for sure.

Circuit Experience alone will get players to Level 20, and takes way less than 10-20 hours. Source: our easy money guide.
Then again, from the same site, only 16% of players have beat 60% or more of the campaign. Another interesting angle: according to the site slightly over half of the players haven't even driven over 500km. That's a lot less than 10 hours (of racing, anyway)...

There's a lot of mysteries with the stats. If the game is pulling in roughly 600k players every week, and roughly 100k are Sport Mode players (and thus, the regulars), what are the other half-mil doing? They're not really progressing through the game it seems. And new players only account for a tenth or less of that.

Maybe people are just practicing in online lobbies? No XP/Credit gains that way. Or they're painting/Scaping...

They'd want cars for those things though, and I can't think of any way to get them without either gaining XP or doing quite a few miles (overall) for the daily marathons. I can imagine that there's a fair number who play in lobbies rather than dailies, but I'd be surprised if it topped 100k a week overall, let alone when you take away those who have also raced in a daily at some point in the week.

Back