Gran Turismo Sport Update v1.61 Arrives

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 13, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. Pmc4068

Pmc4068

VR bug fixes would be nice but ain't gonna happen anytime sadly

3. SZRT Ice

SZRT Ice

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Gtsport28 likes this.
  4. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

Really hope for the Lambo, but things are not normal right now so I guess it's just moving deckchairs with the penalty system and replacing the bugs introduced in the last patch with new bugs!

5. Nigrick

Nigrick

What bugs exactly? I'm not aware.

Leggacy and CTznOfTime like this.
  6. Granadier

Granadier Premium

Crossing my fingers for Spa!!!

but seriously I hope this includes a BoP update to fix the FF dominance in Gr.4

7. O604

O604

Question about GT League. I wonder if the game in it's final form is going to be 100% complete = level 50?

As of update 1.59, there's 299 races and 45 events. I believe completing those events once each, plus the Missions, Challenges and Experience is still not enough to reach level 50. But it may be close.

brocp, barak181, Tricky Vega and 3 others like this.
  8. juanffy18

juanffy18

Well no more content for GT Sport i guess

9. MIE1992

MIE1992

I bet it was delayed along with the Porsche Living Legend Concept due to both Covid and GT7. I could totally believe that PD was working on a tight schedule even without Covid.

At any rate, I expect this update to be mostly bugfixes and backdoor stuff. If we get a more substantial update, I wouldn't expect it until the last couple weeks of the month.

10. LeytonHouseF1

LeytonHouseF1 Premium

Won't be enough for Level 50 indeed but GT League wasn't in the game when they set it up for the Platinum Trophy. Completing the game was only the Driving School and Missions so you probably have completed it already. Lots of grinding to get to 50. I got it on one account and now working on my PS+ account I'll use moving forward :p Lots of Blue Moon Premium Lounge grinding in the GT40 hahaha

NoonenF1, deviln3 and O604 like this.
  11. O604

O604

I'm almost at level 48. Without any grinding. Averaging slightly more than the Daily Workout mileage.

I feel like it's pretty close. But you are probably right, not enough.

NoonenF1, RacingGrandpa and Cytoria like this.
  12. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

I think I'm on 47 or 48 with just about 295 races gold, the leftovers silver and few multiple races to get gold, 100% on the other stuff.

I did 'grind' a bit in that I do the standard DWG every day. I think I'll get to 49 before this party is over but never to 50 with a big increase in content.

O604 and Cytoria like this.
  13. Cytoria

Cytoria Premium

It took around 1,600,000 xp to reach level 48. You still need more than 700,000 xp for the next two levels...

NoonenF1 and O604 like this.
  14. O604

O604

Hmmm.

So around 150 Endurance races....

Yeah, probably not then. :lol:

Cytoria and LeytonHouseF1 like this.
  15. RX8 Racer

RX8 Racer

I’m hoping the Alfa Gr.4 will actually be buffed back to competitive levels. It has spent nearly 2 months being complete garbage with its sloth-like acceleration and speed.

16. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

If by some miracle there is content this month, I feel confident in saying the Lamborghini Vision GT and the Porsche Living Legend Concept will be the final pieces of content for the game. All the attention is officially on the new consoles so the priority of this game is gonna be really low apart from the maintainence of the servers until GT7 comes out.

17. BrunusCL82

BrunusCL82

Daytona.

brocp, Mrtrent1024 and WJHMH like this.
  18. GregDrou

GregDrou

Its not surprising that they will probably delay the porsche and the lambo for vt7, they did the same in gt6 with the bugatti and hyundai vgt and added them straight into gt sport instead of gt6 that they originally teased

NoonenF1, Ddkklop and Animedeaf like this.
  19. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

To be honest, the trailers for both notably lacked the GT6 logo at the end unlike the other VGT cars so neither seemed like they were gonna be in it from the start, not delayed.

It was explicitly stated that both the Porsche and Lamborghini were bound for GT Sport.

20. Ledbetter

Ledbetter

Maybe I’m the only one wondering whether they’ll fix the bug that prevents some players from ever receiving a daily workout car. Well, I hope so.

21. Castrol96

Castrol96

I think no more tracks but maybe like 1 car every 2-3 months?

I'm ok with that.

forzaturismo and CMoeller like this.
  22. Ddkklop

Ddkklop

Would be funny if they added Lexus LFA as the last car.

23. Gt sport king

Gt sport king

Will they add the Lexus lfa and the McLaren 720s?

24. Pmc4068

Pmc4068

AI car drivers head flickers out of view when looking across too it , white lines on track showing through car floor and various other graphical issues.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    C5-R_Racer_84 and Nigrick like this.
  25. Tricky Vega

Tricky Vega

I debuted GT Sport quite late (in May 2018) but got to diamond level 50 a bit quickly (by December 2018).

I was extremely disapointed nothing special happened when I finally reach the Diamond level : no gift car, no new level after the FALSE endurance level (which are not even Grand Prix races).

I actually hoped that at any new update PD could have made the League looking more complete, and that never happened.

I wish a final level with the most challenging races with the N1000, gr4, gr3, gr2, classic gr1, modern gr1, gr1 VGT, one make with the EF7, the Zonda R or the P1 GT-R, the SF19.
    I want that Elite Diamond level in which races last at least 2 hours, fuel cons. and tires wear X1, with qualifying sessions ....
    But it would certainly never happen.

I won 1042 races in the GT League for fun, but now I want to be sweating a bit more in the GT League.

sirjim73 and Pejesapo like this.
  26. meekrab

meekrab

Fixing the penalty system would get me to play this game again

27. Lazybike

Lazybike

Hoping for a track, any track.....come on PD!

brocp, forzaturismo and CMoeller like this.
  28. XSquareStickIt

XSquareStickIt

Trail Mountain confirmed.

...just so we can test the collision detection for GT7.

29. Racing_Miku

Racing_Miku Premium

Still putting my money on August for an actual content update for GT Sport but we shall see, this one will definitely just be bug fixes and most likely tweaks to penalties and the BOP.

Given I'm just working on the grind to Lvl 50 to get the platinum trophy at least once though it's looking like my grinds may get me to 50 on all my profiles but we'll see!

Ddkklop, Cerebral303 and Tricky Vega like this.
  30. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Bring back daily races!!!!