Gran Turismo Sport Update v1.61 Arrives

Question about GT League. I wonder if the game in it's final form is going to be 100% complete = level 50?

As of update 1.59, there's 299 races and 45 events. I believe completing those events once each, plus the Missions, Challenges and Experience is still not enough to reach level 50. But it may be close.
Nowhere near enough xp is gained from doing all of these events, all in game achievements, and regular sport mode/lobby racing. Lots of grinding still required.

Holding my breath!

Trial Mountain is a long shot, but some crumbs after the “of the cliff” manner Kaz & co went with the updates would be okay. Got used to water mouthering updates like Spa, Laguna Seca and the 356, so I’m hooked on that feeling.

I just want my Jag somewhat competitive.

That totaly restricted and arbitrary BOP is extremely bothering me.

I never understood why the BOP wasn't only concerning Weight and Power like in real world.
Because each car needs a different setting on each track it is more than unfair and even stupid to be unable to set the gearbox ratios, downforce and suspension,
and frankly this is what spoiled my experience in Sport mode.

I never understood why the BOP wasn't only concerning Weight and Power like in real world.
Because each car needs a different setting on each track it is more than unfair and even stupid to be unable to set the gearbox ratios, downforce and suspension,

99% of the people who play this game don’t know how to tune a car, so how is it fair to cater to the 1% who does? When this game is all about being an accessible plug and play game?

What bugs exactly? I'm not aware.

Not sure on the ones they will acknowledge and try to fix, but there’s a laundry list I’ve notice grow worse the past couple weeks in lobby’s.

-Spectator mode: will have guys in either wrong P’s and/or cycle the camera in the wrong order. Also, to be able to cycle the camera and car selected you have to enter the first time, back out and re-enter to have full function.

- Car HUD: random glitches: I had my headlights and blinkers randomly go on and off, brake bias wigs out and will show a different setting than actual intermittently then changes back to preset without doing anything. Happen numerous times last night.

- After race, lobby reset takes forever once the race is finished

- Cars in race, feel/respond inconsistent between races and/or lobby’s with identical settings, have to exit and enter to try to get the car to respond correctly. Even with consistency in lobby connection strength or same lobby host. Example: no tire wear RSS will have all the grip it normally does and then next race or same settings in another lobby RSS feel like RH’s

- time/lap ticker between pre race lobby and actual race differ at times as much as 2 seconds and inconsistent pit delta/pit total time. Example: (Barcelona) had a 2 second per pit stop time difference just taking tires in race warmup/pre-race lobby to actual race times.

mainly little annoying bugs that randomly flicker and go away then return and inconsistencies in overall on track drivability.

I was really hoping they would throw in the Gr. 4 Supra in one of the updates for those who missed out. I didn't pick up GT Sport till November 2019 and only heard about the survey afterwards. I'd really like to have this car for some cool livery projects. So it does bug me still I won't likely ever have this version of the Supra.

Being a Porsche Fan boy, the 917 living legend had been announced for GTS, back at the Munich Auto show, or whatever- VGTs I generally could care less about. Honestly, With maybe 6-12 months b4 GT7 dropping, I’d be fine waiting for those cars on the improved engine & H/W. GT has always been notable for regular updates, with regular content additions, BUT since February or so it’s kinda broke the pattern- With the world tour events kinda put on ice,... for good reason(!), I’m gonna be 100% honest- I went back to more serious PC sims, and got a Rift S since I’m stuck home and hardly back to work even now.. The TRACKS that never made it to GTS are more of the disappointment to me. But GT7 looks to be a hybrid of GTS, and GT releases of the past, so right now I’m more than happy to be looking forward to that! I’ve got GT4 DLC for ACC tomorrow, so I’m just enjoying a little of everything currently, and let’s see what happens!

Being a Porsche Fan boy, the 917 living legend had been announced for GTS, back at the Munich Auto show, or whatever- VGTs I generally could care less about. Honestly, With maybe 6-12 months b4 GT7 dropping, I’d be fine waiting for those cars on the improved engine & H/W. GT has always been notable for regular updates, with regular content additions, BUT since February or so it’s kinda broke the pattern- With the world tour events kinda put on ice,... for good reason(!), I’m gonna be 100% honest- I went back to more serious PC sims, and got a Rift S since I’m stuck home and hardly back to work even now.. The TRACKS that never made it to GTS are more of the disappointment to me. But GT7 looks to be a hybrid of GTS, and GT releases of the past, so right now I’m more than happy to be looking forward to that! I’ve got GT4 DLC for ACC tomorrow, so I’m just enjoying a little of everything currently, and let’s see what happens!
I read today that Porsche engineer Hans Mezger passed away in June. :(

https://www.elferspot.com/en/magazin/engine-mastermind-hans-mezger/

RIP
Hans-Mezger-with-917-line-up.jpg

If we get no content maybe it's a good thing because PD are putting all efforts into GT7. I would much rather have GT7 released as a PS5 launch title than continue on with updating GTS. On the other hand if GT7 is coming late to the party I would guess PD would have to release updates for GTS to keep players interested and the game relavent.

I only remember those being rumored to be scanned, not being confirmed for GTS.
Our relentlessly self-promoting, clickbait-YT video creator friend "confirmed" the Civic as arriving before the end of 2019 (because the owner said, in an Instagram comment, that he'd been told that) and mocked us for not including that concrete date in our piece on it being scanned.

Turns out that journalism is hard.

I get that. But in a game like this where you can't tune, it should be based more on the skill of the driver than having an OP car. Yes, some cars will have better cornering. Yes, some cars allow you to get on the throttle faster in and through the corners allowing faster lap times. But when someone is on a straight and the closest car is 1.5 seconds back, they shouldn't be able to catch you. This is really apparent with someone following in a GTR as an example. Yes, in real life cars do have strengths and weaknesses. But this BOP is not balanced at all.

On another topic, where will you will find in the real world you can put on a new set of tires and after one lap, they have 10 laps of where on them? This is not drifting, it's racing.

We hope for something at least good,
GT7 is under development
but I don't think they leave in total abadonment but
who knows 3 updates will be the maximum.
improving the quantity of cars is very important.

Sort of watching this out of the corner of my eye. Haven't raced in weeks, wonder if there will be anything to lure me back in...

Back